Windows 10: Windows update not working - Attempt no 24

Discus and support Windows update not working - Attempt no 24 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Win 10 wants to update on my pc and for that purpose is updates downloaded, then installed, and after a reboot deleted ... and then everything start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HelleBoldt, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Windows update not working - Attempt no 24

Win 10 wants to update on my pc and for that purpose is updates downloaded, then installed, and after a reboot deleted ... and then everything start all over again.

Then I tried the tool to detect errors. and following pops up:

"Possible damage to the Windows Update database has been detected

Possible problems can prevent Windows Update from keeping the system up to date.
    Repair Windows Update Database Damage Not Run

A troubleshooting step that can resolve Windows Update problems is to delete and download updates to your computer again. Want to try this step now? Depending on your network configuration, you may be charged for download costs."

(sorry for possible misunderstandings in the text above but my pc is Danish and the text is therefore translated - not using bing - then it would have been absolutely rubbish to read.)

Question how do I answer Yes to "Want to try this step now?" in the win10 troubleshooter?

:)

HelleBoldt, Aug 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 8, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows update not working - Attempt no 24

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update not working - Attempt no 24 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows update not working - Attempt no 24

1. Windows update not working - Attempt no 24 - Similar Threads - update working Attempt

2. 24

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    24: knkijoi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/24/35c0ee28-a98b-417b-9961-88aee0cb6f21
  3. 24

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    24: knkijoi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/24/35c0ee28-a98b-417b-9961-88aee0cb6f21
  4. Attempting to update Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attempting to update Windows: Trying to update Windows multiple times today however I keep getting error 0x8024A004. This update takes my time I cant do work at all. I have this PC problem before and only results performing clean install. I dont want to do that again so help me out....
  5. Attempting to update Windows

Attempting to update Windows: Trying to update Windows multiple times today however I keep getting error 0x8024A004. This update takes my time I cant do work at all. I have this PC problem before and only results performing clean install. I dont want to do that again so help me out....
  6. Attempting to update Windows

7. Video Capture Card Not Working after Feb 24 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video Capture Card Not Working after Feb 24 Update: We use a PC to livestream our service and have an external video capture card. It was working the day before the update install, but hasn't since. We have checked all the areas. the USB port is enabled, but we keep getting an error code 43. We are at a loss as this will be...
  8. Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade Stuck on “Working on Updates: 30%” for 24 hours

Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade Stuck on “Working on Updates: 30%” for 24 hours: I had recently attempted to upgrade my computer from windows 7 to windows 10. It has been displaying the same screen for about 24 hours, saying “Working on updates. 30%. Don’t turn off your PC. This will take a while” with wheel above it still spinning. I will see the hard...
  9. 24/7 Games Not Working

24/7 Games Not Working: 24/7 games not working including checkers, solitaire and spider solitaire. Last night 16 hours ago they were working but now not. Suggestions ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/247-games-not-working/c6f4634a-787e-4e98-85c2-b31ee6e8abb0
  10. Windows 10 not working after attempted update to 2004.

Windows 10 not working after attempted update to 2004.: I attempted to update my PC to Windows 10 2004 from 1909, when I restarted, it got stuck on 58% "Working on updates", the animation wasn't moving. Following advice from this forum, I held the power button on the PC and then turned it back on again. It said "Undoing changes",...