Windows 10: Windows Update not working- Can it be reset

Discus and support Windows Update not working- Can it be reset in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been doing critical updates, but last month I saw one update not succeeding. Any tools to fix Windows Update WINDOWS 10?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HowardLehman, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Windows Update not working- Can it be reset

I have been doing critical updates, but last month I saw one update not succeeding. Any tools to fix Windows Update WINDOWS 10?

:)

HowardLehman, Apr 18, 2019

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Windows update issues

It works, but I still need to fix it so that way I dont have to plug computers directly to the modem to get windows update to work. It was also blocking me from installing directx.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Apr 18, 2019
  4. Techtu Win User

Windows Update not working- Can it be reset

Windows update issues

+1

If your wireless router has a built in firewall maybe it's somehow set to block the ports that Windows updates use?

I'd also suggest if it works with it being directly connected then you could try resetting your router to see if this fixes the issue.

That's my 2 cents anyways. *Smile Windows Update not working- Can it be reset :)

Techtu, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update not working- Can it be reset

1. Windows Update not working- Can it be reset - Similar Threads - Update working reset

2. PIN no longer works and I can not reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN no longer works and I can not reset: Hey just yesterday my PIN was not working. It said it was incorrect when I know for certain it was correct.I have tried resetting it internally multiple times. I even went through a chain of prompts where I signed in with my regular microsoft password then it prompted me to...
  3. PIN no longer works and I can not reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN no longer works and I can not reset: Hey just yesterday my PIN was not working. It said it was incorrect when I know for certain it was correct.I have tried resetting it internally multiple times. I even went through a chain of prompts where I signed in with my regular microsoft password then it prompted me to...
  4. Windows can not update or be reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows can not update or be reset: I have a laptop that can not be updated or reset. it fails at every attempt. I followed the steps in this link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow-windows-resource-protection-could-not/3dabeaa4-269d-4c65-ab42-a3cf5ef1092d?page=2 It still will...
  5. Windows can not update or be reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows can not update or be reset: I have a laptop that can not be updated or reset. it fails at every attempt. I followed the steps in this link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow-windows-resource-protection-could-not/3dabeaa4-269d-4c65-ab42-a3cf5ef1092d?page=2 It still will...
  6. Windows can not update or be reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. windows will not update and i can not reset to factory settings.

windows will not update and i can not reset to factory settings.: I have tried to update but i still get this error 0x800700c1 I installed and ran Windows 10 update assistant and get the same error. I tried doing a factory reset and there is an error and doesnt reset. I have an acer predator that comes with a hard drive password. I cant...
  8. Windows Update and Resetting PC does not work

Windows Update and Resetting PC does not work: I recently had a power outage during a Windows update. When the power came back on, and I started my computer everything worked fine - except Windows Update no longer works. What happens is the update says it downloads and that I need to restart, however when I do so it...
  9. Onedrive is not working, can not uninstall/ or reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive is not working, can not uninstall/ or reset: so I am not sure why I can't upload any photo here so first the right corn one drive shortcut key isn't working. when I click on it, it only shows a white box with nothing inside. and when I go to one drive setting, under backup -> manage backup. when I click it it will...
  10. Windows reset not working

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows reset not working: Hi, My friend gave me his old Asus laptop, which had been upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 a while back. The windows version is 1809 Installed on 2019-4-17 OS build : 17763.1039 I would like to remove all of his personal information, so I tried : Start > Settings > Update &...