Windows 10: Windows Update not Working in multiple PCs

Discus and support Windows Update not Working in multiple PCs in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have two OEM Win10 PCs for months now and have decided to take the plunge & upgrade two Win7 PCs to Win10. One a Toshiba laptop, is not qualified,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BIC, Jul 26, 2016.

1. BIC
    BIC Win User

Windows Update not Working in multiple PCs

I have two OEM Win10 PCs for months now and have decided to take the plunge & upgrade two Win7 PCs to Win10. One a Toshiba laptop, is not qualified, apparently something to do with the display. The other, a HP desktop is qualified (according to Microsoft, for whatever that's worth).

Even though Microsoft said the HP was good to go, the Win10 download failed from the start with a error message to try again later. That PC hasn't been used in three months and now Windows Update won't run.

The Toshiba laptop hasn't been used in maybe six months and it also will not do Windows Updates. In both cases, it either says checking for updates (for hours), or if I do manage to get past there (as I did on the Toshiba), then the 10MB download stays at 0% for hours (I have a GB connection, should take seconds).

I've found various solutions online, tried a few of the simpler ones with no success. Before I would try the more complicated suggestions, it might just be easier to wipe & re-install Win7 or go straight to Win10 if possible. Since two PCs are having the same or similar problem, I'm wondering if I'm missing something or is this just a coincidence? Any suggestion for getting Windows Update working and/or Win10 download working. Thanks in advance.

:)

2. Windows 10 update on multiple PCs

I have multiple computers, do have to download Windows 10 on each computer?

You can download a .ISO file and upgrade each computer offline. The ISO should be available by the time Windows 10 launches.

How
    to: upgrade from previous versions of Windows using Windows 10 ISO file

Please note, you might have to download the appropriate edition of Windows 10 for the version/edition of Windows you are upgrading. If you upgrade to the wrong edition, ie. Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Pro, you will have to purchase a license
    for Windows 10 Pro or rollback to Windows 7 Home Premium and upgrade to Windows 10 Home.

What
    are the editions of Windows 10 available?

Andre Da Costa, Jul 26, 2016
  3. Windows 10 update on multiple PCs

I have three PCs that I intend to update to Windows 10. Each is currently running Windows 8.1 Pro. I assume I will need to separately reserve Windows 10 for each PC, but is it possible (and allowed) to update the 2nd and 3rd PCs using update files that
    will be downloaded for the first PC? If so, it would save me having to download large update files three times.

Bluuespruce, Jul 26, 2016
Thema:

Windows Update not Working in multiple PCs

1. Windows Update not Working in multiple PCs - Similar Threads - Update Working multiple

2. multiple updates not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    multiple updates not working.: hi I have 5 updates that don't want to download. I did troubleshoot but it was no help.the screenshot doesn't want to upload so these are the updates and their error codes:2023-01 Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB4023057Download error -...
  3. Multiple PCs through business

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple PCs through business: Hi im puzzled by microsoft account setup. Every time we add a PC we have to create a new account. How can I create an organisational account, merge my personal and other account into them and then how to add devices so that employees can access the account and download...
  4. Multiple PCs through business

Multiple PCs through business: Hi im puzzled by microsoft account setup. Every time we add a PC we have to create a new account. How can I create an organisational account, merge my personal and other account into them and then how to add devices so that employees can access the account and download...
  5. Managing multiple PCs using windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Managing multiple PCs using windows 10: Hello,We are a small business where each team member is working from a laptop and/or PC using Windows-10 and an Office 365 account. We are looking for a efficient way to setup and manage the Windows-10 accounts as we hire new team members and issue work computers. Thank you....
  6. Managing multiple PCs using windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Managing multiple PCs using windows 10: Hello,We are a small business where each team member is working from a laptop and/or PC using Windows-10 and an Office 365 account. We are looking for a efficient way to setup and manage the Windows-10 accounts as we hire new team members and issue work computers. Thank you....
  7. Managing multiple PCs using windows 10

8. Insider Program Multiple PCs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Insider Program Multiple PCs: I have had the insider preview program on my desktop pc since before windows 10 released and it's license has always been for Windows 10 Pro. I bought a new surface and it's Windows 10 Home. I signed into my preview account and selected the option to get preview builds. Is it...
  9. How the Microsoft Digital License works for Multiple PCs Links?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How the Microsoft Digital License works for Multiple PCs Links?: Hi, I'm trying to figure out how the Microsoft Digital License works for the following scenario: I have 3 machines (1 PC + 2 Notebooks), namely 1 x Windows 10 Professional and 2 x Windows 10 Home and I’ve login as main administration account to use all these machines....
  10. Cloning Windows 10 multiple PCs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cloning Windows 10 multiple PCs: I manage a school, have 40 desktop computers. We use Windows 8.1, which were cloned, Windows 8.1 has adapted very well to other computers (unlike hardware). I wanted to do the same with Windows 10. But it does not fit with any other hardware results in Blue Screen....