Windows 10: Windows update not working/OS system broken

Discus and support Windows update not working/OS system broken in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So all of this probably started after i re installed nvidia drivers for my gpu from the official website, i see that the nvidia control panel was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/justarandomdudeLOLXD, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Windows update not working/OS system broken

So all of this probably started after i re installed nvidia drivers for my gpu from the official website, i see that the nvidia control panel was missing, so i went to microsoft store and i could not download it from here (i cant download other apps too) on Microsoft store there is a pop up that tells me (unable to download because Windows Update is not working error code 0x80070422) i got to Windows update from the settings and there is just a blank screen, i ran the troubleshooter and it tells me : unable to find a solution for your problem, i tried to start the update service manually but didnt work, i tried lots of fixes, but nothing worked, what should i do?

submitted by /u/justarandomdudeLOLXD
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/justarandomdudeLOLXD, Mar 23, 2021
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Mar 23, 2021
  3. Best OS for old P3 System?

Hey, I have an old P3 800Mhz, 256MB, 20Gb HDD, system with no OS installed.. I know its old, but it still works fine and it'd be a waste to toss out... Any suggestions as to what OS i should install on it? Something other than boring 'ol windows... *Roll :roll:

Thanks in advance..

Brutalfate, Mar 23, 2021
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows update not working/OS system broken

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows update not working/OS system broken

1. Windows update not working/OS system broken - Similar Threads - update working system

2. Updated os when screen was broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updated os when screen was broken: I had updated my windows 7 to windows 10 with a hdmi cable connected tp monitor but my laptop screen was damaged so some questions are coming on my laptop screen but they aren't visible to me and it is not connecting to the external monitor. I also heard cortana voice. Please...
  3. Updated os when screen was broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updated os when screen was broken: I had updated my windows 7 to windows 10 with a hdmi cable connected tp monitor but my laptop screen was damaged so some questions are coming on my laptop screen but they aren't visible to me and it is not connecting to the external monitor. I also heard cortana voice. Please...
  4. Update is broken and never works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update is broken and never works: Hello every time I try to update my pc to 22h2 because it keeps bothering me about it, I try it and it always fails and I get a blue screen saying system thread exception not handled and I tried everything and nothing is still working. I’m just getting very frustrated because...
  5. Os system lost and keyboard is not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Os system lost and keyboard is not working: Hello Microsoft community i have lost my os ....and my pc's keyboard is not working I have tried to install this os system many time...but this is not done....in the installation process a massage is appearing on the screen thatwindows can't be installed to this disk the...
  6. Broken Link in Windows 10 OS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broken Link in Windows 10 OS: If you go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Security and Maintenance\Problem Details and then click "Learn how to report problems and check for solutions automatically." it will go to [ATTACH] the URL https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=517009 which is broken...
  7. MY WINDOWS 10 UPDATE SYSTEM IS BROKEN.

MY WINDOWS 10 UPDATE SYSTEM IS BROKEN.: I tried installing windows 10 security update build 19042.630 it will not install i tried to scan for viruses it said they were not any i am running windows 10 home and my pc has over 50 programs installed does that have to do with any thing...
  8. Windows Update Interrupted = Broken OS/UI

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Update Interrupted = Broken OS/UI: Hello all, So I was shutting down my laptop because the battery was running out, and I clicked on the start button and selected "update and shut down". Windows update had apparently been downloading in the background and I wanted to just shut down the computer without...
  9. Windows Update Interrupted = Broken OS/UI

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Update Interrupted = Broken OS/UI: Hello all, So I was shutting down my laptop because the battery was running out, and I clicked on the start button and selected "update and shut down". Windows update had apparently been downloading in the background and I wanted to just shut down the computer without...
  10. Terrible windows 10 updates have now broken my working system.

Terrible windows 10 updates have now broken my working system.: Hi, Since windows 10 update 1809 installed, I can no longer use settings, or any MS Apps. I have done all the image scans, file integrity checks, and windows refresh installations multiple times. The windows refresh install does fix it. For about one or two re-boots, then...