Windows 10: Windows update not working

Discus and support Windows update not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been trying to update my Windows for the past coupe of weeks, but everytime the update process gets stuck at 0%. Nothing is being downloaded. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by avgt911, Nov 11, 2018.

1. avgt911 Win User

Windows update not working

I've been trying to update my Windows for the past coupe of weeks, but everytime the update process gets stuck at 0%. Nothing is being downloaded. I have a perfectly fine internet connection, but the windows update simply doesn't budge from 0%.

I ran a diagnostic check, and the troubleshoot report said "The device or resource (www.microsoft.com) is not set up to accept connections on port "The World Wide Web service (HTTP)". I have no idea what that means.

Please help!

Windows update not working a1872bf5-fc21-412e-b047-af70414e313c?upload=true.jpg

:)

avgt911, Nov 11, 2018

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 11, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update not working :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows update not working - Similar Threads - update working

2. Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working: My laptop update by itself and now when ever I try to use my seagate external portable hard drive the computer tells me that "D:\ is not accessible, The file or directory is corrupted and unreadabale"...
  3. Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop updated and Seagate External Portable Hard Drive Not Working: My laptop update by itself and now when ever I try to use my seagate external portable hard drive the computer tells me that "D:\ is not accessible, The file or directory is corrupted and unreadabale"...
  4. Recent Windows update caused mic to stop working on Poly Voyager 4320

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Windows update caused mic to stop working on Poly Voyager 4320: I recently installed a Windows 11 update and afterwards my Bluetooth connected Poly Voyager 4320's mic stopped working. I can hear audio from the headset and the device shows it is connected in the different windows settings along with Cisco Jabber. But I can not get any...
  5. Recent Windows update caused mic to stop working on Poly Voyager 4320

Recent Windows update caused mic to stop working on Poly Voyager 4320: I recently installed a Windows 11 update and afterwards my Bluetooth connected Poly Voyager 4320's mic stopped working. I can hear audio from the headset and the device shows it is connected in the different windows settings along with Cisco Jabber. But I can not get any...
  6. My computer did an update as of March 17 at 7:45 am, I came to work on the computer and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer did an update as of March 17 at 7:45 am, I came to work on the computer and...: Now I have no number to contact Microsoft, this is so unfortunate and I need assistance. I have reset this so many times attempting to login and could not, can someone reach out to me to assist? This update has stopped me from accessing my information. Every since I...
  7. My computer did an update as of March 17 at 7:45 am, I came to work on the computer and...

My computer did an update as of March 17 at 7:45 am, I came to work on the computer and...: Now I have no number to contact Microsoft, this is so unfortunate and I need assistance. I have reset this so many times attempting to login and could not, can someone reach out to me to assist? This update has stopped me from accessing my information. Every since I...
  8. Win+Shift+S Shortcut and Snipping Tool Not Working After Windows Update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Win+Shift+S Shortcut and Snipping Tool Not Working After Windows Update: Hi everyone, I'm facing a challenging issue where my Win+Shift+S screenshot shortcut and the Snipping Tool/Snip & Sketch have completely stopped working following a recent Windows update. Despite extensive troubleshooting, the problem persists, and I'm hoping someone here...
  9. Win+Shift+S Shortcut and Snipping Tool Not Working After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win+Shift+S Shortcut and Snipping Tool Not Working After Windows Update: Hi everyone, I'm facing a challenging issue where my Win+Shift+S screenshot shortcut and the Snipping Tool/Snip & Sketch have completely stopped working following a recent Windows update. Despite extensive troubleshooting, the problem persists, and I'm hoping someone here...
  10. Win+Shift+S Shortcut and Snipping Tool Not Working After Windows Update