Windows 10: windows update not working

Discus and support windows update not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi, my windows update is not working at all. it just keeps infinetly loeading in the setting. so i ran the Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by fluffy_ezreal, Oct 28, 2020.

1. windows update not working

hi, my windows update is not working at all. it just keeps infinetly loeading in the setting. so i ran the Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealthwith cmd running as admin. and this is what it said. please help i dont know how to fix it.
    C:\Windows\system32>Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.18362.900

Error: 2

An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the image located at C:\.
    For more information, review the log file.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

C:\Windows\system32>Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.18362.900
    i have the dism file so i dont know what's wrong

:)

fluffy_ezreal, Oct 28, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 28, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

windows update not working

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond windows update not working :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

windows update not working

1. windows update not working - Similar Threads - update working

2. Think I just received and update and it instlled. now win 10 not working right

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Think I just received and update and it instlled. now win 10 not working right: Just received an update and my win 10 is not working correctlyfirst off the computer is very slow.When i try to use my synaptic touch pad to select and high-lite cannot accomplish this with my touch pad.it will not capture and entire line very erratic. I also have to click...
  3. Think I just received and update and it instlled. now win 10 not working right

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Think I just received and update and it instlled. now win 10 not working right: Just received an update and my win 10 is not working correctlyfirst off the computer is very slow.When i try to use my synaptic touch pad to select and high-lite cannot accomplish this with my touch pad.it will not capture and entire line very erratic. I also have to click...
  4. Think I just received and update and it instlled. now win 10 not working right

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. headphones stopped working after last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphones stopped working after last update: Head phones stopped working after last MS Update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-stopped-working-after-last-update/0d34d892-46bb-435f-826a-5d7b6f147d92
  6. headphones stopped working after last update

headphones stopped working after last update: Head phones stopped working after last MS Update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-stopped-working-after-last-update/0d34d892-46bb-435f-826a-5d7b6f147d92
  7. Internet stopped working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet stopped working after update: Hi thereI own a HP Envy x360 running the following:Windows 11 Home22H2OS build 22621.3296This morning I was using my laptop and browsing the internet perfectly fine. I received a notification to install some updates by restating my laptop. After restarting it, my internet...
  8. Internet stopped working after update

Internet stopped working after update: Hi thereI own a HP Envy x360 running the following:Windows 11 Home22H2OS build 22621.3296This morning I was using my laptop and browsing the internet perfectly fine. I received a notification to install some updates by restating my laptop. After restarting it, my internet...
  9. Windows search, indexing, and update not working despite common fix attempts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search, indexing, and update not working despite common fix attempts: I've been experiencing persistent issues with the Windows Search function on my Windows 10 system. When I attempt to use the search feature, it seems that not all applications are appearing in the results. I've noticed that in Task Manager, the Search process is automatically...
  10. Windows search, indexing, and update not working despite common fix attempts

Windows search, indexing, and update not working despite common fix attempts: I've been experiencing persistent issues with the Windows Search function on my Windows 10 system. When I attempt to use the search feature, it seems that not all applications are appearing in the results. I've noticed that in Task Manager, the Search process is automatically...