Windows 10: Windows update Nov. 2020 Freezing Not letting my use my password

Discus and support Windows update Nov. 2020 Freezing Not letting my use my password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows did an update and froze my computer. I have gone through the steps to Forcibly shut doen the computer to get to the recovery screen. When i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AmieGe, Nov 25, 2020.

1. AmieGe Win User

Windows update Nov. 2020 Freezing Not letting my use my password

Windows did an update and froze my computer. I have gone through the steps to Forcibly shut doen the computer to get to the recovery screen. When i go to startup repair it asks for amy password. When I enter it it tells me i have an incorrect passowrd. I went on another computer, changed my password. When I enter the new password in the startup repair it still tells me that the password is incorrect. I just signed into microsoft with this password on another computer. This is extreamly frustating. This is my work computer and I have not been able to use it for 2 days.

:)

AmieGe, Nov 25, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 25, 2020
  3. wt_lesny Win User
    Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Windows update Nov. 2020 Freezing Not letting my use my password

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows update Nov. 2020 Freezing Not letting my use my password

1. Windows update Nov. 2020 Freezing Not letting my use my password - Similar Threads - update Nov 2020

2. Windows 10 asking for password after Nov 2023 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 asking for password after Nov 2023 update: Normally I do not have to enter a password when I start my PC. I log on as Admin. After the forced update a few days ago I am told I need to renew my password and am prompted to enter a password. I have never set one in the past and have no idea what to enter. I have tried my...
  3. Windows won’t let me remove my password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won’t let me remove my password: Whenever I run the netplwiz command there’s supposed to be a checkbox at the top that allows you to not have to use a password when signing in, but it isn’t there for me. Any help would be appreciated submitted by /u/robbioliman [link] [comments]...
  4. i updated the nov 2020 cumulative preview

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i updated the nov 2020 cumulative preview: i updated the nov 2020 preview update. the defender virus scan would not allow the option for a manual scan. i restored to a previous system image. did not help. i could no longer update the nov 2020 preview. i am now using malware bytes virus scan i can now do a...
  5. Windows update Nov. 2020 Freezing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update Nov. 2020 Freezing: I can not start my laptop. I had a windows update last night, I let it run overnight. My laptop was still running in the morning, but had a black screen. I held the power button to close it down. When I restarted it went right into the update, but froze. I let it sit for...
  6. Windows updates fail Nov 2020

Windows updates fail Nov 2020: I need help please. Windows 10 update starts restarts the laptop then I get a blue screen saying 'your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info and we will restart for you'. Then it goes to Dell supportassist which runs a system...
  7. Windows 10 update installed Nov 19 2020 made my computer lock up

Windows 10 update installed Nov 19 2020 made my computer lock up: Windows 10 just did a major update on my older Toshiba laptop Nov 19 2020. First it locked up and after waiting for about an hour it started working again. Then it locked up last night after sitting idle. Today it won't work at all stone cold frozen, can't even power it off....
  8. Recent Windows Upgrade Nov 2020

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recent Windows Upgrade Nov 2020: Following a recent upgrade [I did not initiate] File Explorer has changed and I would prefer to have it the way it was https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recent-windows-upgrade-nov-2020/6ea6a716-e3fc-42b4-8341-8d55ce96ebf8
  9. pc slow after KB4586781 update nov 2020

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc slow after KB4586781 update nov 2020: Hi, my pc is extremly slow to start up, it has taken today more than half an hour to be able to use it. Yesterday I had the same issue. My daughter had the same issue in her laptop. Both of us have windows 10 and this is happening after the KB4586781 update. Can anyone...
  10. latest windows update Nov 2020

latest windows update Nov 2020: Installed latest Windows 10 update for home laptop. Resulting performance is terrible - I can type faster than this o/s performs. Sleep mode after 10 minutes -- goes into a coma! MS Edge forgets logins and passwords it used to remember. Outlook forgets passwords to gmail and...