Windows 10: Windows Update now royally inoperative

Discus and support Windows Update now royally inoperative in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; There shouldn't be anything to change. As a test, install your USB key and re-enter bios with F2. You should see it as a bootable option. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by 10fused, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Windows Update now royally inoperative

There shouldn't be anything to change.

As a test, install your USB key and re-enter bios with F2. You should see it as a bootable option.

Caledon Ken, Nov 24, 2017
  2. 10fused Win User

I'll try that when I get back into my office in a couple hours.

Thanks.

10fused, Nov 24, 2017
  3. And I would like you to try a boot from your USB. Carefully. I want you to pick Repair. The first panel is languages, click next. Down in the Left corner is repair.

I will try to check in later then.

Ken

4. 10fused Win User

Windows Update now royally inoperative

Here is what displayed with usb install media plugged in and f2.... IP6 and IP4 beneath the Toshiba jump drive

Windows Update now royally inoperative [​IMG]

Cl8ck advanced shows this

Surely I inadvertantly screwed something up?

10fused, Nov 24, 2017
  5. So as soon as you connected it found your USB as it should. The other entries are to boot from a network. Interesting they should appear now. Maybe you just connected to your network??

So next please exit the bios and boot the usb. Click next to the language panel, it should be your first Window, then on the next screen lower left, Repair.

6. 10fused Win User
    my hotspot is turned off, however, there are 4 very strong wifi signals within 15' and it shouldn't be connected to them or anything

Proceed with booting from the usb and repair? Will that update it to 1709 also?

10fused, Nov 24, 2017
  7. No. We are trying to fix the damaged that occurred earlier with the updates, undo's and repair.

You boot to repair, then troubleshoot and I would first try Start Up repair.

This is the 10 version of advance startup options.

Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

8. Windows Update now royally inoperative

9. 10fused Win User
    That was rap8dly conclusive!

I'll have to boot up another pc to affirm or deny the NUC documentation.

Just composing posts on this handhelp reaches the near limits of my not-so-young eyes.

10fused, Nov 24, 2017
  10. This is not good news. What ever happened after exiting BIOS, then the quick updates, applied and undone twice followed by “Start Up” repairs corrupted something. I saw you said it booted after that but something had to have been changed. Entering your BIOS with F2 is a standard operation.

You have your boot media and you have your data backup. I assume the SSD is where you store your data.

Did you install your OS on this device?

11. 10fused Win User
    I did not go into BIOS until it did the update, cannot, undoing bit.

Booted it into windows after that and 2 or 3 times.

Then I tried the f2.

The F7 displays a BIOS FLASH page both the msata and the sata.

The msata showing 3 partitions struck me as very odd.

Is there any BIOS Ssetting that would result in this behavior where those 2 aren't detected for bootup but the usb is and while the BIOS FLASH function sees them?

Yes, I installed the OS.

10fused, Nov 24, 2017
  12. 10fused Win User
    only of files, not settings etc

some on sdd and everything on an external save for setting etc

10fused, Nov 24, 2017
  13. Windows Update now royally inoperative

The 3 partitions on the msata is right. System reserved, MSR and Windows.

Not that I'm aware of, that is the bios looks at at everything and says here are the things I can boot from.

14. Okay...

So if you think you changed something inadvertently when you entered BIOS with F2, did you make any changes to the BIOS when you first got device?

15. 10fused Win User
    It has been a couple years and I recall having to set the UEFI v Legacy thing.

Other than that, no.

However, I was sorta thinking the Safe Boot would have been enabled.

10fused, Nov 24, 2017
Thema:

Windows Update now royally inoperative

1. Windows Update now royally inoperative - Similar Threads - Update royally inoperative

2. Laptop inoperative after Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop inoperative after Updates: 12/13/22. Installed Windows Updates & Restarted. Normally update & shutdown. Desktop now flashes between full display & Windows screen only no icons. No Start menu. Have tried to uninstall updates from that date. Should I try to uninstall from earlier date? No change in...
  3. Laptop inoperative after Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop inoperative after Updates: 12/13/22. Installed Windows Updates & Restarted. Normally update & shutdown. Desktop now flashes between full display & Windows screen only no icons. No Start menu. Have tried to uninstall updates from that date. Should I try to uninstall from earlier date? No change in...
  4. Laptop inoperative after Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Search inoperative

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search inoperative: Hi all, My PC contains a directory of directories named “Documents” where all the documents I created are stored. In particular I know because I can open it there is a Word file containing the word “Cardan”: located in directory “Documents”, subdirectory...
  6. Keyboard Inop after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard Inop after update: Have an HP laptop, was working fine UNTIL...pop up said I needed to update windows 10. Took over an hour to update. When it rebooted the last time and came up to the sign on screen the ALPHA portion of the keyboard is inoperative. Numeric portion works but not the alpha. I...
  7. Search window inoperative

in Cortana
    Search window inoperative: Whyy am I unable to type in the search window? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-window-inoperative/73b40372-cf7c-4121-9700-06d496c2cf6b
  8. USB INOP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB INOP: 2 OF THE 3 USB PORTS ARE NOT WORKING ON MY ACER LAPTOP. THE 3.0 PORT IS WORKING THE OTHER 2 THAT ARE 2.O ARE INOP....HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-inop/b85e2f54-9a42-4beb-b56a-6f08aafa9971
  9. Royal dnm

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Royal dnm: ROYAL DRAGON NEST PRIVATE SERVER GUILD PACKAGE IS NOW UP! Do you have a guild? Do you want to experience a thrilling and a balanced gameplay? This is for you! A GUILD MUST HAVE 15 ACTIVE MEMBERS TO CLAIM REWARDS AND MUST FILL-OUT THE FOLLOWING FORMAT: GUILD NAME: GUILD...
  10. Finger Print Reader now Inoperative

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Finger Print Reader now Inoperative: I have had issues with the finger print reader previously but have been able to get it working again, either by itself or performing suggested functions, which I no longer remember. I have a Thinkpad T470 with Windows 10. In the sign-in options, my computer no longer...