Windows 10: Windows Update now royally inoperative

Discus and support Windows Update now royally inoperative in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Before you go to far. Your network adapter can be set to not accept these wake on Magic packets and as you saw in your UEFI you can set to not boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by 10fused, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Windows Update now royally inoperative

Before you go to far.

Your network adapter can be set to not accept these wake on Magic packets and as you saw in your UEFI you can set to not boot from a Network.

I will be honest with you I don't think your machine is actually off. Would take some investigation. Not sure where it could be getting energy to operate unplugged. Sure there is a CMOS battery but that is not a real time energy source, 3v and some incredible low wattage. Yours may even be a capacitor type circuit.

I would start with device manager. Find network card, right click properties, then Power management tab. You will see options for Magic Packets, a specific packet to wake on, and other options like wake on Link.

Caledon Ken, Nov 24, 2017
  2. 10fused Win User

I'll look into the magic packets directly.
    Looked and both ethernet and wifi card were set to allow the card to wake computer as well as the wifi allowing magic packets to turn it on.

Sounds like the capacitors aren't leaky!

More than 20GB free on the msata and it 'couldn't update the system reserved partition'.

I chose for it to download and install updates which perhaps it has done several times within the last 24 hours?

10fused, Nov 24, 2017
  3. Free space and resizing partitions are and aren't related. When a partition is sized windows will not resize even if there is free space or it is running out of space. You said the box is this big and so it sits. Now you can resize partitions carefully. I have to go out so I would start a thread on that subject. Don't want start something with you and then not be there.

Of course I'm just guessing at issue from your description. Not the way to solve problems. Need more details.

Talk soon.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Update now royally inoperative

1. Windows Update now royally inoperative - Similar Threads - Update royally inoperative

2. Laptop inoperative after Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop inoperative after Updates: 12/13/22. Installed Windows Updates & Restarted. Normally update & shutdown. Desktop now flashes between full display & Windows screen only no icons. No Start menu. Have tried to uninstall updates from that date. Should I try to uninstall from earlier date? No change in...
  3. Laptop inoperative after Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop inoperative after Updates: 12/13/22. Installed Windows Updates & Restarted. Normally update & shutdown. Desktop now flashes between full display & Windows screen only no icons. No Start menu. Have tried to uninstall updates from that date. Should I try to uninstall from earlier date? No change in...
  4. Laptop inoperative after Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Search inoperative

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search inoperative: Hi all, My PC contains a directory of directories named “Documents” where all the documents I created are stored. In particular I know because I can open it there is a Word file containing the word “Cardan”: located in directory “Documents”, subdirectory...
  6. Keyboard Inop after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Keyboard Inop after update: Have an HP laptop, was working fine UNTIL...pop up said I needed to update windows 10. Took over an hour to update. When it rebooted the last time and came up to the sign on screen the ALPHA portion of the keyboard is inoperative. Numeric portion works but not the alpha. I...
  7. Search window inoperative

in Cortana
    Search window inoperative: Whyy am I unable to type in the search window? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-window-inoperative/73b40372-cf7c-4121-9700-06d496c2cf6b
  8. USB INOP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB INOP: 2 OF THE 3 USB PORTS ARE NOT WORKING ON MY ACER LAPTOP. THE 3.0 PORT IS WORKING THE OTHER 2 THAT ARE 2.O ARE INOP....HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-inop/b85e2f54-9a42-4beb-b56a-6f08aafa9971
  9. Royal dnm

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Royal dnm: ROYAL DRAGON NEST PRIVATE SERVER GUILD PACKAGE IS NOW UP! Do you have a guild? Do you want to experience a thrilling and a balanced gameplay? This is for you! A GUILD MUST HAVE 15 ACTIVE MEMBERS TO CLAIM REWARDS AND MUST FILL-OUT THE FOLLOWING FORMAT: GUILD NAME: GUILD...
  10. Finger Print Reader now Inoperative

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Finger Print Reader now Inoperative: I have had issues with the finger print reader previously but have been able to get it working again, either by itself or performing suggested functions, which I no longer remember. I have a Thinkpad T470 with Windows 10. In the sign-in options, my computer no longer...