Windows 10: Windows Update Nvidia driver installs unusable.

Discus and support Windows Update Nvidia driver installs unusable. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Quadro K1000M video chip set, WU in 9926 does not install a working driver. The only way to install a working driver is by going to Nvidia and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by labeeman, Feb 20, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Windows Update Nvidia driver installs unusable.

I have a Quadro K1000M video chip set, WU in 9926 does not install a working driver. The only way to install a working driver is by going to Nvidia and downloading the driver and install from the file. This has happened twice with two versions.

:)

labeeman, Feb 20, 2015
  2. neilpzz Win User

The Next Best Windows Update

If you have used the latest driver from NVidia released 21 Sept 2016 and it is still unusable, then I would ask the question of NVidia. They have provided a driver after the release date of the anniversary update and presumably have tested it before release.

neilpzz, Feb 20, 2015
  3. Windows 10 and compatibility with NVIDIA windows 10 driver 355.82

I have windows 10 installed and was notified by NVIDIA about an update to their graphics driver. I tried to install the update from Nvidia, Nvidia Windows 10 Driver 355.82. However the installation failed and the screen notification read as follws:

"This NVIDIA graphics driver is not compatible with this version of windows.

This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware."

Prior to using Windows 10 all Nvidia updates downloaded successfully.

I have also fed back this info to NVIDIA.

RickHollebon, Feb 20, 2015
Thema:

Windows Update Nvidia driver installs unusable.

1. Windows Update Nvidia driver installs unusable. - Similar Threads - Update Nvidia driver

2. Windows can't install nvidia driver in windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows can't install nvidia driver in windows update: HelloI have a lenovo ideapad l340 gaming 8gb ram intel i5 9th gen , nvidia gtx 1050 I updated to windows 11 in the start of this year and since then i've been facing problems with my nvidia driver and it disappeared completely from my computer since then Like i have no GPU...
  3. Windows can't install nvidia driver in windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows can't install nvidia driver in windows update: HelloI have a lenovo ideapad l340 gaming 8gb ram intel i5 9th gen , nvidia gtx 1050 I updated to windows 11 in the start of this year and since then i've been facing problems with my nvidia driver and it disappeared completely from my computer since then Like i have no GPU...
  4. Can't install/update nvidia drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't install/update nvidia drivers: Hello, so i own an Asus scar II gaming laptop i7 8750H 32gb ram 2070 rtx, been 2 years i got this bad boy and today i can't update nvidia driver, i used ddu, doesn't work, tried no failure mode doesn't work, i tried nvidia cleanstall doesn't work, so i went as far as entirely...
  5. Windows Update for nVidia Drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update for nVidia Drivers?: Good Morning, My Windows 10 Pro for Workstations desktop has a Pascal era nVidia Quadro. Windows Update WU deployed nvidia proprietary driver v442.50. Is the 'best practice' for Windows 10 just to let WU handle drivers if I'm not experiencing any issues? I ask because...
  6. Can't Install Nvidia Driver - Windows Update Failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't Install Nvidia Driver - Windows Update Failure: Shawn, Et.Al.-- I'm in a bit of a 'pickle'. My Display Adapter's driver (Device Manager) is defaulting to the Microsoft default: Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. That default only provides a maximum resolution of 1600 x 1200 which does not accommodate my Samsung monitor...
  7. updating nvidia drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    updating nvidia drivers: my laptop is alienware 17 r5 i9 and it has nvidia geforce gtx 1080 graphics card. i am currently on windows 10 build 1809 is having the latest windows build a requirement to install new drivers? i asked a nvidia support agent about that. he said that the new drivers are...
  8. nVidia driver not installing

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    nVidia driver not installing: Hi, I am new in this forum. I have just registered because I am trying to work out a problem and need some help. I have recently re-installed my PC completely. It is now running on 64bit Windows 10, version 1909 (Build 18363.535). The PC includes an nVidia card GeForce GTX...
  9. nVidia driver not installing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    nVidia driver not installing: Hi, I am new in this forum. I have just registered because I am trying to work out a problem and need some help. I have recently re-installed my PC completely. It is now running on 64bit Windows 10, version 1909 (Build 18363.535). The PC includes an nVidia card GeForce GTX...
  10. Windows update still auto installing Nvidia drivers.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update still auto installing Nvidia drivers.: I applied the reg file made available in one of Brink's threads but I've noticed Windows update is still auto installing Nvidia drivers. Anyone else have same issue? 79844

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 installs old nvidia driver