Windows 10: Windows Update occurs duirng my active hours

Discus and support Windows Update occurs duirng my active hours in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows Update occurs duirng my active hours. How do I avoid this from happening? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] The update occurred during my active hours... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BronwyneEvans, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Windows Update occurs duirng my active hours

Windows Update occurs duirng my active hours. How do I avoid this from happening?

Windows Update occurs duirng my active hours 98ed93cb-1b6c-4031-ac39-e9510693edef?upload=true.png

Windows Update occurs duirng my active hours 5fb655e1-7ac7-4607-95e0-abbc7604345e?upload=true.png

The update occurred during my active hours – I had a document unsaved I wanted to return to it after dinner and entertaining. I came back to my computer before 12pm to save my document and windows had automatically restarted. Document and its content gone, lost forever!

Thank You Windows 10 – You are so great and all mighty – All bow over to Windows 10!

:)

BronwyneEvans, Aug 27, 2019

2. Windows Update preparing/running during active hours

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand it can be frustrating when your devices get into such situation, but we will try to get it sorted for you. Thank you for the detail information provided on the post.

To have a clarity on the issue, we would like to know some information.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is Windows 10 version and built currently installed?
    • Did you setup any task in task scheduler?
    • Please help us with the screenshot of the system information page of the PC. Press
      Windows + R key from the keyboard and type msinfo32 and
      follow the steps mentioned in the screenshot
      posted by Shawn ‘Cmdr’ Keene on Oct 2, 2015 to post the screenshot.

However, we would like you to refer the
    Configure active hour section in this Manage device restarts after updates
    article as suggested below.

1. Please refer the Configuring active hours with Group Policy section,
      if you are running Windows 10 Pro or higher version.
    2. Please refer the Configuring active hours through Registry
      section, if you are running Windows 10 Home.

Disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious
    problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.
    Load or Unload Registry Hives

In addition, we would also like you to follow the first 10 steps from the

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10
    article.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Disable Active hours?

Hello Daniel,

If you wish to add more hours or to have an option to turn off the Active Hours, then the feature is currently unavailable on Windows phone. It is best if you can send a suggestion to make the features available using the
    Feedback Hub app. To send a suggestion on your Windows phone, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestionand fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category and then Submit.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask the community.

Michael Rey, Aug 27, 2019
  4. XGuilt Win User

Windows Update occurs duirng my active hours

Windows Updates Active Hours

I have Windows 10 and have tried numerous times to set the Active Hours for updates and restart to occur, but I'm continually interrupted within the Active Hours I have set. Are the "Active Hours" time-zone sensitive or what?

XGuilt, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update occurs duirng my active hours

1. Windows Update occurs duirng my active hours - Similar Threads - Update occurs duirng

2. Windows updating during active hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updating during active hours: Windows is always updating and saying update is 100% complete and updates for long period of time . How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updating-during-active-hours/123aeb5a-64cd-4269-85b8-64a7ad6cc443
  3. Windows updating during active hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updating during active hours: Windows is always updating and saying update is 100% complete and updates for long period of time . How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updating-during-active-hours/123aeb5a-64cd-4269-85b8-64a7ad6cc443
  4. Windows updating during active hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Active Hours for Updates

Active Hours for Updates: I have a very specific set of requirements for the Active Hours designated for restarts after Updates to Win10. Without going into the reasons for why I wish to have extended and very specific hours for the management of restarts following an automatic update, I wonder if...
  6. Windows Update and Active Hours prompts

Windows Update and Active Hours prompts: Hi All I am using Windows 10, and I keep getting messages about doing Windows Updates outside Active Hours. As my pc is only on when I am using it I would prefer to do the Windows Update and restart when I have finished using it which could be at any time. After all I...
  7. Windows update Active hours are not working correct

Windows update Active hours are not working correct: I changed the active hours from 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM. double-checked. not a message popped up like below 'Countdown to goodness We're all set for the windows update scheduled at 5:36 PM. If you're not ready, we'll check back again in an hour' and I'm getting this message...
  8. Updates active during non active hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updates active during non active hours: Have updates to go off from 12-7am cause my internet is alright during these times. Whenever I hop on my pc during a time that isn't during that specification, it does it anyway. This has started within the last month and I've tried re-editing the time schedule but it seems...
  9. Update during active hours

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update during active hours: If I choose to update during active hours do I need to adjust the active times before I start? Len 138957
  10. Active Hours/Update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Active Hours/Update?: I don't know if the anniversary update fixed it more, but I've heard people have had Windows 10, restart automatically and reboot after installing certain updates, like when they're in the middle of doing things. I can't say it's actually happened to me. Not that I'm aware...