Windows 10: Windows update of 5/13 crashed my HP desktop. I lost years worth of emails and email...

Discus and support Windows update of 5/13 crashed my HP desktop. I lost years worth of emails and email... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; 'My Documents'. I noticed only 2 or 3 folders there, instead of the 15 or 20 folders I used to have. I then tried to access docs inside those 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by losalamosyogi47, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Windows update of 5/13 crashed my HP desktop. I lost years worth of emails and email...

'My Documents'. I noticed only 2 or 3 folders there, instead of the 15 or 20 folders I used to have. I then tried to access docs inside those 2 folders, but had no success. I got:

1 "Open Office will try to recover" ........"Open Office cannot recover because corrupted."OR2 a small window titled ASCii Filter Options. When I clicked there, up came gibberish.Should we make any further attempt to recover documents, or have you already done all that can be done?

There were four system restore points that were corrupted.

The hard drive was scanned and a Trojan was found and removed.

A Computer Technician spent several hours trying to restore but failed. Please address this issue, immediately.

:)

losalamosyogi47, Jun 7, 2020

2. Windows Messenger Confirmation Email

No It didnt appear in my spam box but I updated to Windows live Messenger which sent the confirmation email and also verified windows messenger. Ty everyone for there suggestions

Warlord213, Jun 7, 2020
  3. lost emails

Hi John,

If some of your emails were lost, it's possible that there's a synchronization issue, or they were accidentally deleted. For us to get a clearer picture of what's going on, please answer the following questions:

• Which email account are you referring to?
    • Have you made any changes on your phone before this happened?
    • Can you provide the troubleshooting steps that you're already tried?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Rommel Diw, Jun 7, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows update of 5/13 crashed my HP desktop. I lost years worth of emails and email...

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows update of 5/13 crashed my HP desktop. I lost years worth of emails and email...

1. Windows update of 5/13 crashed my HP desktop. I lost years worth of emails and email... - Similar Threads - update crashed desktop

2. Email lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email lost: I reset my computer but cant log in. I lost my email and password and have tried everything that has bern posted but no one say anything avout a lost email. Please help me resolve this...
  3. Email lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email lost: I reset my computer but cant log in. I lost my email and password and have tried everything that has bern posted but no one say anything avout a lost email. Please help me resolve this...
  4. Recently lost 13 out of 15 years of my life, due to the email on my account being changed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recently lost 13 out of 15 years of my life, due to the email on my account being changed.: I already tried getting my account back, but security info was changed by the hackers, and you guys know it wasn't me. And yet your "security Protocols" prevent me to get my account back after a hacker changed the info to my account, and you know it was a hacker and yet you...
  5. Recently lost 13 out of 15 years of my life, due to the email on my account being changed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recently lost 13 out of 15 years of my life, due to the email on my account being changed.: I already tried getting my account back, but security info was changed by the hackers, and you guys know it wasn't me. And yet your "security Protocols" prevent me to get my account back after a hacker changed the info to my account, and you know it was a hacker and yet you...
  6. Recently lost 13 out of 15 years of my life, due to the email on my account being changed.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. lost emails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost emails: windows did an update yesterday and I lost all my emails from yesterday and before. Also lost contacts in email and anything in the delete file. where to I go to reset computer back to 2 days ago. Thanks...
  8. LOST Email!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    LOST Email!!!: I have lost it. Computer says I changed my Password 20 days ago. Don't remember doing that since I have used the same Password for over 3 years with no trouble. Any idea how to get it back? I still have pix of my new great-grandson and so want to move them to my hard...
  9. years of lost emails

years of lost emails: Hello, I have had this email account for so long. In either 2014 or 2015 you all did something and I lost all of my old emails. Were they archived somewhere? Heather...
  10. lost email

lost email: i am waiting for a pass code from Gedmatch and I haven't received it. They said it might be in the trash bin, how do I access it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-email/c7095a1e-81b5-4f59-9268-03a3e975389f"