Windows 10: Windows Update offering me Asustek updates, is this normal?

Discus and support Windows Update offering me Asustek updates, is this normal? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Everybody. I started this thread because I wanted to know if it is normal for Windows update to offer me Asustek updates. The reason why I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KennyGeneva8, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Windows Update offering me Asustek updates, is this normal?

Hello Everybody.

I started this thread because I wanted to know if it is normal for Windows update to offer me Asustek updates.

The reason why I am asking this is the following:

For those who don't know, Asus was targeted the past year by a hacking group and was victim of a distribution chain attack, which meant users with Asus Live update would download an infected Bios update that was infected by a backdoor.

Asus and Kaspersky already distribute a fix for those few affected and the details can be read in tech news websites.

Now, the thing is that, during all the time I have been a Windows user, this was the first and only time I have been offered a Firmware update by Windows. I have been trying to get this update to happen again, but it only happened once with no evidence of it ever repeating itself or ever being installed. I wanted to know if it is normal for Windows update channel to offer me these updates, furthermore I did not have the option to update other windows products enabled at the time.

I run a group policy to prevent the installation of drivers and devices as it is a maintenance task that I do manually once a month at most which explains the error below, but I have never seen this before.

I am currently asking Asustek if the Windows update channel is used, which would be preferable to using Asus utilities.

If there is any information about this I would appreciate it.

Thank you all for your time.

Kind regards.

-Kenny.

Windows Update offering me Asustek updates, is this normal? e94d5b70-fab2-4ac5-97b8-148c02e969b3?upload=true.png

:)

KennyGeneva8, Jun 23, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jun 23, 2019
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. Windows Update offering me Asustek updates, is this normal?

Windows updates...

Oh. Your "Registry" must have gotten screwed up FLY3R. If for some reason you couldn't download your updates I suppose you could go to the update site, and run throught the steps 'till it fails activation. Then you could go up to "Tools > Manage Add ons > then disable "Windows Genuine Advatage Validation Tool." Of course you should only use this method if you are having problems updating your legitamate copy of Windows XP. Perhaps do to a corrupted piece of software? *Smile Windows Update offering me Asustek updates, is this normal? :)

Thermopylae_480, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update offering me Asustek updates, is this normal?

1. Windows Update offering me Asustek updates, is this normal? - Similar Threads - Update offering Asustek

2. Windows Update are not being Offered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update are not being Offered: Many of our Windows 11 computers are not pulling the latest updates, and we have to install them manually. This is what we have done, 1. Run the troubleshooter for Windows updates 2. Run DISM / online /cleanup-image /restorehealth3. sfc /scannow4. Reset Windows update...
  3. Windows Update are not being Offered

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update are not being Offered: Many of our Windows 11 computers are not pulling the latest updates, and we have to install them manually. This is what we have done, 1. Run the troubleshooter for Windows updates 2. Run DISM / online /cleanup-image /restorehealth3. sfc /scannow4. Reset Windows update...
  4. Windows Update is offering me an "update" which is an outdated version as per my searches...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update is offering me an "update" which is an outdated version as per my searches...: I got an update named "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Display - 27.20.11044.7" from Windows Update a few days ago. At first chance, I didn't put any second thought and just installed it. But after some time, I got a notification from AMD Radeon Software that it has gone...
  5. Windows Update is offering me an "update" which is an outdated version as per my searches...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update is offering me an "update" which is an outdated version as per my searches...: I got an update named "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Display - 27.20.11044.7" from Windows Update a few days ago. At first chance, I didn't put any second thought and just installed it. But after some time, I got a notification from AMD Radeon Software that it has gone...
  6. 20H2 (or even 20H1) was never offered to me via windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    20H2 (or even 20H1) was never offered to me via windows update: I'm stuck with windows 1909, but I am getting all security and quality updates without a problem. But the newer builds, 20H1 or 20H2 were never offered to me. https://i.imgur.com/kD9pFbP.png I even have even reset widows update components and cache, following this...
  7. Optional Updates offering wrong updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Optional Updates offering wrong updates: Under "Optional Updates", Driver Updates, I have "Intel – Other hardware – IntelR XeonR E3 – 1200/1500 v5/6th Gen Intel R Core TM Host Bridge/DRAM Registers - 190F " Problem is, I don't have an Intel Xeon processor, so why is this being offered.? Also, how can I get rid...
  8. Windows 10 Update 2004 is not offered in Windows Update Center. Is it normal?

Windows 10 Update 2004 is not offered in Windows Update Center. Is it normal?: I currently run Windows 10 Home 1909 Build 18363.836 Russian Region I know from the news that newer 2004 version became available starting from the end of the last week. However my Update Center shows no such update available at the moment. Is it normal, or should I take...
  9. Windows Update repeatedly offers the same update

Windows Update repeatedly offers the same update: Why does Windows 10 run the same update more than once when it succeeded the first time? I've seen this happen on two different computers with update "2019-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 1903 for x64-based Systems {KB4524570)". Original Title : Windows Update repeat...
  10. Windows Update not offering 10158

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update not offering 10158: I installed 10130 yesterday using the ISO and ran Windows Update. It installed a few small updates and now says "up to date" even though I set it to the Fast Ring. Is there a way to force the update to 10158? Edit: Is this a safe site for ISO files? Download Windows 10...