Windows 10: Windows update on 1.28.21 won't restart

Discus and support Windows update on 1.28.21 won't restart in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Did a scheduled update last night, 1.28.21, and haven't been able to restart since. Have read all the nightmare scenarios to get computers started,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ct95949, Jan 29, 2021.

1. ct95949 Win User

Windows update on 1.28.21 won't restart

Did a scheduled update last night, 1.28.21, and haven't been able to restart since. Have read all the nightmare scenarios to get computers started, can't wait! Windows updates always cause some problems but this one is absolutely the worst! All I get when powering on and off is a brief Windows logo then a black screen. Once I got the blue screen saying there was a restart problem no kidding! and that the laptop would be restarted. That was a lie of course. Sounds like I'm in the reboot loop problem that others describe. This is a 2012 HP Pavilion laptop, not sure if I still have the installation disc anymore. Any suggestions? Why would anyone want to ever install another Windows update when they render your computer unusable!

Thanks, Craig.

:)

ct95949, Jan 29, 2021
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

3. after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

after latest update my phone lost his network and won t work...several times restart by himself...also wi-fi tile won t work

radelovrić, Jan 29, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update on 1.28.21 won't restart :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows update on 1.28.21 won't restart - Similar Threads - update won't restart

2. gvrBackgroundWindows3 delays shutdown 1/28/24

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gvrBackgroundWindows3 delays shutdown 1/28/24: I am running Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Lattitude 5530. I just experienced this for the first time. I have had this computer since April 2023 with no issues. This is sudden and unexpected. I saw the 2015 thread with this issue. I have System Mechanic, but I have had it on this...
  3. gvrBackgroundWindows3 delays shutdown 1/28/24

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    gvrBackgroundWindows3 delays shutdown 1/28/24: I am running Windows 11 Pro on a Dell Lattitude 5530. I just experienced this for the first time. I have had this computer since April 2023 with no issues. This is sudden and unexpected. I saw the 2015 thread with this issue. I have System Mechanic, but I have had it on this...
  4. Surface Studio 1 seems bricked with 3/17/21 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Studio 1 seems bricked with 3/17/21 update: After installing latest updates, my Surface Studio goes into a black screen mode continually. After trying everything I know, I told it to do a fresh reinstall. Even after this, same issue persists. Set up experience only runs in Safe Mode, or Safe Mode with Networking - but...
  5. After Windows update on January 28, 2021 cannot restart laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Windows update on January 28, 2021 cannot restart laptop.: Did a scheduled update last night, 1.28.21, and haven't been able to restart since. Have read all the nightmare scenarios to get computers started, can't wait! Windows updates always cause some problems but this one is absolutely the worst! All I get when powering on and off...
  6. 12/1/21 Check for Updates good idea

12/1/21 Check for Updates good idea: Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2021: Would do no harm to Check for Updates [ATTACH] Cheers, Drew [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/12121-check-for-updates-good-idea/f40191f3-c5b9-4e51-a867-cf0b43b5a936
  7. 21 Device Manager entries for 1 mouse and 1 keyboard!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    21 Device Manager entries for 1 mouse and 1 keyboard!: Windows 10 2004. I have 1 Logitech keyboard and 1 Logitech mouse. As per attached image, I have 21 entries in Device Manager for those 2 devices. Any help on tidying this up? I've tried disabling/uninstalling etc., but they just come back! 161833
  8. Windows update stuck at 28%

Windows update stuck at 28%: Hey there. So, I got a message telling that there is a new update for Windows 10. so I came to update it. After a few hours later, it suddenly stops at 28%. And it's been it for 6 hours and so on. And I really need to get it to 29% and further to the complete the update,...
  9. OneDrive Message Center Updates February 1 to 28

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive Message Center Updates February 1 to 28: Hi everyone, Here are the latest updates to the OneDrive service that shipped in February 2019 or coming soon in March 2019! We have some great improvements coming to the product in February 2019 and early March 2019 including: OneDrive desktop client sync behavior...
  10. Driver won't install, Code 28

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver won't install, Code 28: I'm trying to plug in a a scientific camera to my laptop and in the Device Manager it gives me the "Code 28: The drivers for this device are not installed" issue. I'm trying to use a ThorLabs Scientific Camera, and I went to their site to download the software and drivers...