Windows 10: Windows update on my 32GB NextBook

Discus and support Windows update on my 32GB NextBook in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can't update asI don't have enough space. When trying to free up space Windows says I have 2.5 GB of Temp files but when I open temp files it only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobertAshford2, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Windows update on my 32GB NextBook

I can't update asI don't have enough space. When trying to free up space Windows says I have 2.5 GB of Temp files but when I open temp files it only shows 30 - 40 MB. Strange as I need that 2.5 GB to allow update to happen.

Any ideas anyone.

:)

RobertAshford2, Oct 18, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update on my 32GB NextBook :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 18, 2019
  3. NEXTBOOK windows tablet camera

I am unsure to whether this driver will work since it is listed on Lenovo's website but its an updated driver for Windows 10 so in theory it should work. Click on the first download link and let me know how it goes. I will keep searching to see if theres a proper one for the nextbook.

http://support.lenovo.com/nz/en/downloads/ds040016

ellellell1, Oct 18, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows update on my 32GB NextBook

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows update on my 32GB NextBook

1. Windows update on my 32GB NextBook - Similar Threads - update 32GB NextBook

2. My nextbook need recovery tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My nextbook need recovery tool: Need recovery tool https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-nextbook-need-recovery-tool/e2935752-f252-4746-98f0-28108167143a
  3. Nextbook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nextbook: Nextbook not typing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nextbook/304a5344-8a83-4ed5-91d8-a39522c50731
  4. Nextbook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nextbook: Nextbook not typing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nextbook/304a5344-8a83-4ed5-91d8-a39522c50731
  5. Nextbook

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Nextbook 10.1 windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nextbook 10.1 windows 10 update: Ok so I found my old tablet from 2016 and was trying to update it to windows 10 from windows 8.1(?) or whatever. Anyways it says it needs 8gb. I have no usb for the storage thingy so my question is.. Is there a way to update to windows 10 by using the cloud or something? Idk...
  7. nextbook nxw101qc232t

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    nextbook nxw101qc232t: Nextbook tablet lesson : Updating to the newest version of Windows 10 (658) Backup your drivers To your desktop "Before" updating. If you choose optional driver update It is possible you may lose usb , sd card, touch, and orientation. You may have to install the older...
  8. Locked out of my Nextbook

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of my Nextbook: I cannot remember my password to unlock my Nextbook. I have not used it in several months and have not idea what the password was. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-my-nextbook/792f8e5a-5279-4922-b963-789da7026b4e
  9. Nextbook tablet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nextbook tablet: How do you reset your password for a Nextbook tablet? I dont want it to go to factory reset. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nextbook-tablet/53a52380-7cc6-4d74-acdf-854c390b8ac8
  10. Windows 10 installation for the Nextbook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 installation for the Nextbook: I m trying to upgrade my Nextbook from Windows 8 to windows 10 . I get an error message with the following code 0x8007000A-0x2000D "The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation". what do I need to do ?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nexbook windows update

2. how to update my 32gb