Windows 10: Windows Update on Windows 10 is always disabled on startup

Discus and support Windows Update on Windows 10 is always disabled on startup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a new Acer Predator laptop and I've been having issues with Windows update. I'm not sure if it's due to some application I installed or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MajorBloodn0k, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Windows Update on Windows 10 is always disabled on startup

Hi,

I have a new Acer Predator laptop and I've been having issues with Windows update. I'm not sure if it's due to some application I installed or not, the following services are always disabled:

Windows Update

Storage Service

BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service)

I've run the windows troubleshooter and it only makes temporary fixes. I've scanned my computer with Windows Defender and MalwareBytes and didn't find anything so I'm hoping it's some kind of bad setting. Any ideas?

:)

MajorBloodn0k, Dec 15, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 15, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Dec 15, 2019
  4. MrGenius Win User

Windows Update on Windows 10 is always disabled on startup

MrGenius, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update on Windows 10 is always disabled on startup

1. Windows Update on Windows 10 is always disabled on startup - Similar Threads - Update always disabled

2. How to disable startup password in Windows 10 ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable startup password in Windows 10 ?: Windows specificationsEdition : Win 10 Pro Version : 20H2Installed on : 22/2/2021OS build : 19042.928 Experience : windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0I have windows 10 with configuration as above , I want to disable the password prompt every time I sign in to my...
  3. Why does windows update always disable AccessDatabaseEngine?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does windows update always disable AccessDatabaseEngine?: I have a Windows 10 machine on which I installed AccessDatabaseEngine needed for my work, to enable web apps to interact with Access databases. Every time Windows updates itself, it somehow corrupts or removes AccessDatabaseEngine, so I need to reinstall it. It's a minor...
  4. Windows 10 Network Always Disconnected on Startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Network Always Disconnected on Startup: Hi, I have a new Windows 10 desktop PC with an Ethernet cable to connect to the internet. Every time I start Windows 10 the network is disconnected. I can fix by going to the Ethernet adapter and selecting 'disabled' and then selecting 'enabled'. After disabling and...
  5. Windows Explorer always open on startup.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer always open on startup.: I recently swapped out my motherboard for a newer one. I didn't reinstall Windows 10 on my HDD as I have many apps installed and didn't want to reinstall and reconfigure everything again. It all went smoothly and system runs well all except for one strange issue. On every...
  6. disable windows 10 tips on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    disable windows 10 tips on startup: I have Windows 1903 - 64 bit installed. Ever since the 1903 update, whenever I boot my laptop, I get the large windows box talking about various tips and what's new in windows 1903. I have disabled windows tips in the notification settings but still I get this box when I boot...
  7. Word is always in windows startup menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word is always in windows startup menu: I cannot remove word from the Windows startup menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-is-always-in-windows-startup-menu/fb30ddcb-9333-47be-969e-b74030e88588
  8. Disabled Startup type in Windows Update properties

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disabled Startup type in Windows Update properties: Does anybody know how to enable Startup type in Windows update properties? It disabled for no reason and I need help to make things as they use to be....
  9. Windows 10 Startup Is Disabling Devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Startup Is Disabling Devices: Hey there, I'm running Windows 10 x64 on a laptop and recently I've been running into an issue where my GPU isn't performing as well sometimes. Keyword here being sometimes. While some would say this is a device failure issue, I've done some tests on my laptop and have...
  10. how to disable on startup windows 10 updates NOT auto restart updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to disable on startup windows 10 updates NOT auto restart updates: my computer doesnt get forced to auto restart to install updates luckily but i sometimes only get them when i restart my computer or when i switch it off and turn it back on, thanks, i know there are a lot of tutorials out there but this is how to disable updates ON startup,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update is disabled on startup