Windows 10: Windows update / OneDrive - REMOVED my PHOTOS and ALL MY DATA FILES for INTUIT and QUICKBOOKS!

Discus and support Windows update / OneDrive - REMOVED my PHOTOS and ALL MY DATA FILES for INTUIT and QUICKBOOKS! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows update and Onedrive took over all my FILES! Even my Intuit and Quickbooks files were moved to ONEDRIVE!!! ALLL my 20K photos. But really? My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by baubiefox, May 18, 2021.

1. baubiefox Win User

Windows update / OneDrive - REMOVED my PHOTOS and ALL MY DATA FILES for INTUIT and QUICKBOOKS!

Windows update and Onedrive took over all my FILES! Even my Intuit and Quickbooks files were moved to ONEDRIVE!!! ALLL my 20K photos. But really? My data files for Intuit and QB?? This is ABSURD! ONEDRIVE is AWEFUL! You are kidding me right?? ALL MY PERSONAL FILES WERE moved to OneDrive. I NEVER selected that option.I tried to roll back my update... NOTHING. Backing up my photos is one thing, taking my DATA files?? Seriously??

:)

baubiefox, May 18, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

QuickBooks crash while opening data file

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned that after Windows and QuickBooks update whenever you open a data file in QuickBooks, it crashes. We would like to know if any other programs are crashing apart from QuickBooks.

I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Repair QuickBooks

I suggest you to try repairing QuickBooks and then open data file in it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Look for QuickBooks application from the list, right click on it and select
      Repair.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the repair process.

If repairing QuickBooks didn’t fix the issue, please refer Method 2.

Method 2: Open Sample data file

You can try opening a Sample data file in QuickBooks and check if QuickBooks crash. If QuickBooks didn’t crash while opening Sample data file, I suspect that the data file that you are trying to open is causing the crash. In this case, I suggest you
    to contact the
    QuickBooks support
    team.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 18, 2021
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    quickbooks anyone???? HELPPP

Sry, The files are stored in the same location as the Quickbooks app. > C:\Program Files\Intuit\Quickbooks, or could also be in My documents (normally if backed up).

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, May 18, 2021
  4. malware Win User

Windows update / OneDrive - REMOVED my PHOTOS and ALL MY DATA FILES for INTUIT and QUICKBOOKS!

Microsoft Windows Home Server Corrupts Files

Microsoft has warned Windows Home Server users not to edit files stored on their backup systems with several of its programs, including Vista Photo Gallery and Office's OneNote and Outlook, as well as files generated by popular finance software such as Quicken and QuickBooks. "When you use certain programs to edit files on a home computer that uses Windows Home Server, the files may become corrupted when you save them to the home server," Microsoft said in a support document posted last week. The document went on to list the software, which includes Windows Vista Photo Gallery, Windows Live Photo Gallery, OneNote 2003, OneNote 2007, Outlook 2007, Microsoft Money 2007 and SyncToy 2.0 Beta. Others programs, however, may also corrupt files stored on a home server powered by Microsoft's operating system. "Additionally, there have been customer reports of issues with Torrent applications, with Intuit Quicken and with QuickBooks program files," the document said. "Until an update for Windows Home Server is available, we recommend that [you] do not use the programs that are listed to save or to edit program-specific files that are stored on a Windows Home Server-based system."

Source: Computerworld

malware, May 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows update / OneDrive - REMOVED my PHOTOS and ALL MY DATA FILES for INTUIT and QUICKBOOKS! - Similar Threads - update OneDrive REMOVED

2. My windows update remove all setting and data in my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows update remove all setting and data in my pc: First i encounter my HDD can't detected by computer after that i update my windows but after restart. My pc just reset my file on SSDmain driver was deleted and my Lenovo apps was deleted too. Then i can't log in to my Microsoft account. Now my pc lost all function from...
  3. My windows update remove all setting and data in my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows update remove all setting and data in my pc: First i encounter my HDD can't detected by computer after that i update my windows but after restart. My pc just reset my file on SSDmain driver was deleted and my Lenovo apps was deleted too. Then i can't log in to my Microsoft account. Now my pc lost all function from...
  4. My windows update remove all setting and data in my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. removing onedrive account deletes all documents and photos files from my pc will not restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    removing onedrive account deletes all documents and photos files from my pc will not restore: windows 10 reinstall apparently created a onedrive account and started sending my files to the cloud. When I discovered this and deleted onedrive from the PC and closed the onedrive account following instructions on microsoft support site, it also deleted all the files in the...
  6. removing onedrive account deletes all documents and photos files from my pc will not restore

removing onedrive account deletes all documents and photos files from my pc will not restore: windows 10 reinstall apparently created a onedrive account and started sending my files to the cloud. When I discovered this and deleted onedrive from the PC and closed the onedrive account following instructions on microsoft support site, it also deleted all the files in the...
  7. removing onedrive account deletes all documents and photos files from my pc will not restore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Removing all photo tags in OneDrive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing all photo tags in OneDrive: OneDrive began tagging my photos without my knowledge or consent. I consider this highly invasive and a serious security threat. I have turned off autotagging. How do I remove ALL the tags from ALL the photos that OneDrive has tagged?...
  9. Removing all photo tags in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing all photo tags in OneDrive: OneDrive began tagging my photos without my knowledge or consent. I consider this highly invasive and a serious security threat. I have turned off autotagging. How do I remove ALL the tags from ALL the photos that OneDrive has tagged?...
  10. Removing all photo tags in OneDrive