Windows 10: Windows Update page takes AGES to load.

Discus and support Windows Update page takes AGES to load. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Okay, I've HAD it! Today I tried updating my computer to the 20H2 version because of a game I'm playing at the moment that's being glitchy. But tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BlueMonday1988, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Windows Update page takes AGES to load.

Okay, I've HAD it! Today I tried updating my computer to the 20H2 version because of a game I'm playing at the moment that's being glitchy. But tried turning it off for a couple seconds and then back again. Tried pausing it for 7 days and continuing it back again, but the creme de la creme is that the page itself on settings is taking forever. Turned on and off my internet and I get the same. I'm like done with it.

I'm afraid I'm gonna destroy my PC if it goes on like that again. I've worked hard restoring it. Also, it has eaten up my capacity of my C drive. From 26GB it went to 22GB left. This is ridiculous!

I use Windows 10 64bit 8GB of memory 120GB SSD 1TB HDD Intel Core i5-8400 @ 2.80GHz.

Is there any way I could stop it from taking ages to load the Windows Update page and freeing up some space?

Is there any app I should use that cleans up disk space?

Thanks in advance.

:)

BlueMonday1988, Dec 8, 2020
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Dec 8, 2020
  3. mbmeadows Win User
    Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Dec 8, 2020
  4. Mohan B P Win User

Windows Update page takes AGES to load.

Age Of Empires The Age Of Kings Multiplayer Crash

Hi,

This issue might happen if the Windows Firewall is blocking the game from connecting to the LAN.

I suggest you to add the Age of Empires the Age of Kings, to the exception list of the Windows Firewall and check if the issue is resolved.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel.

• Click on View by in the top right panel and select Small Icons.

• Find and click on Windows Firewall.

• Click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall in the left panel.

• Click on Change Settings, find and check the Age of Empires the Age of Kings box for both
      Public and Private Columns.

• If Age of Empires the Age of Kings is not listed, then click on
      Add and select the installed path of the game.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update page takes AGES to load.

1. Windows Update page takes AGES to load. - Similar Threads - Update page takes

2. WSL does not load and takes ages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WSL does not load and takes ages: Hi I have been using WSL from more than an year however from last few weeks my WSL does not launch . I am using the Microsoft Terminal to launch . I have tried updating WSL and restarting windows several times but no luck . Can anyone please help how to fix it ? I dont want...
  3. WSL does not load and takes ages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL does not load and takes ages: Hi I have been using WSL from more than an year however from last few weeks my WSL does not launch . I am using the Microsoft Terminal to launch . I have tried updating WSL and restarting windows several times but no luck . Can anyone please help how to fix it ? I dont want...
  4. WSL does not load and takes ages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. The desktop takes ages to load after each update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The desktop takes ages to load after each update: I have had windows 10 for a while. However, a while ago, the desktop often takes ages to load after update. When I switch my laptop on, it is pretty quick to get onto the login screen. After logging in, a black screen comes on for ages (10 minutes or so) before the desktop is...
  6. Windows Explorer takes ages to load

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer takes ages to load: Up until yesterday, Windows Explorer was running fine. Then I accidentally downloaded some adware which must have changed things up a bit. I managed to get rid of the adware, but did so using a program called Revo Uninstaller. Once it had uninstalled the adware, I...
  7. Outlook takes ages to load

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook takes ages to load: Hi all. Ever since I synced my email I have had a problem with all Microsoft sites taking ages to load. Can someone tell my what I can do about this? thanks 25624
  8. Web pages taking ages to finish loading

in Browsers and Email
    Web pages taking ages to finish loading: I use Win10 on a fast broadband connection (100Mbps) will lowish ping rates. I notice that more and more web sites are taking a long time to finish loading. They start very fast indeed, but are incomplete and it can take up to a minute before the screen has finished...
  9. Download folder takes an age to load

in Windows 10 Support
    Download folder takes an age to load: Every other folder in File Explorer opens virtually immediately to show all contents but why does the Download folder have to reload the contents, which takes quite some time, the first time the folder is accessed after switching on. [img] 8226
  10. Settings window takes ages to load language list

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings window takes ages to load language list: Hey everyone, I hope I'm not posting this twice now. The first time around, the thread seems to have disappeared. So on my new laptop, ever since I tried to add English as a second language, the settings window takes ages to load the liist of installed languages. The...