Windows 10: Windows update password issues

Discus and support Windows update password issues in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I installed a Windows 10 update today but now when I try to login to my computer, it asks me for my password rather than my usual 4 digit pin. It will... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SandeepVerma3, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Windows update password issues

I installed a Windows 10 update today but now when I try to login to my computer, it asks me for my password rather than my usual 4 digit pin. It will not accept accept any of the passwords I try. When I click 'I forgot my password' I get an error message: 'Windows couldn't connect to the ProfSvc service. Please consult your system administrator.' I have tried restarting my computer several times. Please help me login.

:)

SandeepVerma3, Nov 24, 2018

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Windows update password issues

New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows update password issues

1. Windows update password issues - Similar Threads - update password issues

2. Password issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password issue: After logging in to my device its asking for my windows password which I don't remember and there is no reset option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-issue/7a42285d-d458-401e-8e0a-c18647ff856c
  3. Password issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password issues: Hi The other day I had to restart my PC. Now today i turned on my pc and it acted like I just did a big update and it asked me to verify my password, I put it in and then it telling me my password is wrong.. .. I know my password Stop trying to get me to change my...
  4. Issue with PIN/password after update

Issue with PIN/password after update: I've never used a PIN to login to my laptop, always used a password. An update ran the other night and ever since it's asking for a PIN which I obviously don't know. Yesterday the "forgot my PIN" option would work and brought me to a screen asking for my password, but it's...
  5. Windows password issues

Windows password issues: I have enabled the Windows Security and was prompted to log in to my Microsoft account. I am fully aware of what my password is and my credentials allow me past the fist user and password boxes. However, then I anew box opens up and im asked one more time for the...
  6. Windows Password issues

Windows Password issues: Hello, I tried to run my laptop in a Safe Mode last night and now I am trying to log into my laptop Windows 10 but I am unable to to do so. It says my password it incorrect. There is no option to reset it on sign in screen so I have changed my password on Microsoft account...
  7. Windows 10 latest update installed. Password issue.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 latest update installed. Password issue.: Boot sequence no longer recognizes password. Is there a procedure to make a bootable DVD with a workaround that will recognize the disk to boot system?...
  8. password issues

password issues: My Micr. and Skype accounts let me change password every 2 days. What can I do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-issues/37d98294-649c-4125-b143-10bd145ede73"
  9. PASSWORD ISSUES

in Windows 10 Customization
    PASSWORD ISSUES: my computer crashed and had the hard drive copied to the new computer. I downloaded Microsoft money sunset version which I have been using. when I open the app, it asks for my password. my password has not changed in five years. when I put it in it says it is invalid. is...
  10. Issue with windows password

Issue with windows password: Hello everyone I've just bought a new laptop for my mom. When i first turned on the laptop, it told to sign in with Microsoft account. Since the laptop is not for me, i instead using a local account. Then i gave it to my mom and told her to add her Microsoft account....