Windows 10: Windows Update Pauses

Discus and support Windows Update Pauses in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I know how to schedule updates' pauses. My problem is that I can't turn them off, ie., there is no On - Off for pauses. As a result, I'm not getting... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SamCottone, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Windows Update Pauses

I know how to schedule updates' pauses. My problem is that I can't turn them off, ie., there is no On - Off for pauses. As a result, I'm not getting any updates since it just keeps rolling it forward.

:)

SamCottone, Jan 19, 2020

2. Windows Update/Problems Pausing Updates

HI Larry,

With Windows 10, you have the option to plan updates around your busy schedule or pause them. We suggest that you follow the steps provided in this

article
    to schedule updates in Windows 10.

Let us know if you require any further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 19, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Update Pauses

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update Pauses :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update Pauses

1. Windows Update Pauses - Similar Threads - Update Pauses

2. How to pause all updates while doing a back up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to pause all updates while doing a back up: automatic updates stop my Aconis back up softwareis there a way to pause all updates while I do a back up? I found for example, the "one drive reporting task" I have options for when it runs but no option to stop if from running brave google and edge all ran updatesis there a...
  3. How to pause all updates while doing a back up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to pause all updates while doing a back up: automatic updates stop my Aconis back up softwareis there a way to pause all updates while I do a back up? I found for example, the "one drive reporting task" I have options for when it runs but no option to stop if from running brave google and edge all ran updatesis there a...
  4. How to pause all updates while doing a back up

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 updates freeze up due to pause feature?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 updates freeze up due to pause feature?: Hello. So , I regurarly check for updates on my Windows 11 Pro 64-bit 23H2 , security ones included. Once I am done updating Windows , I pause the updates until next day , I also check for security updates throughout the day just in case. It happens that sometimes upon...
  6. Windows 11 updates freeze up due to pause feature?

Windows 11 updates freeze up due to pause feature?: Hello. So , I regurarly check for updates on my Windows 11 Pro 64-bit 23H2 , security ones included. Once I am done updating Windows , I pause the updates until next day , I also check for security updates throughout the day just in case. It happens that sometimes upon...
  7. Why is the update still running despite pause and being set to manual?

Why is the update still running despite pause and being set to manual?: I absolutely HATE Windows 10 and your hijacking of my computer whenever you decide I need updates. I bought a gaming rig to game and despite following every instruction to keep it from running while I'm actually using the computer, so very nice of you to give me a few hour...
  8. Why is the update still running despite pause and being set to manual?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the update still running despite pause and being set to manual?: I absolutely HATE Windows 10 and your hijacking of my computer whenever you decide I need updates. I bought a gaming rig to game and despite following every instruction to keep it from running while I'm actually using the computer, so very nice of you to give me a few hour...
  9. Why is the update still running despite pause and being set to manual?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Windows 11 update ignoring paused updates, causing data loss on overnight tasks.

Windows 11 update ignoring paused updates, causing data loss on overnight tasks.: Windows 11 is ignoring the Pause Updates feature and installing updates that require restarts, and automatically restarting while the update feature is paused. I pause for 1 week at a time and check for updates manually every Tuesday. To head off the 'you can't postpone...