Windows 10: Windows Update/PCI Device driver issue

Discus and support Windows Update/PCI Device driver issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I've had this problem for a while, Windows 10 refuses to update to 20H2. I'm still stuck on 1909. Error code it gives is 0xc1900101, which as far as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DynamiteHeaddy, May 4, 2021.

1. Windows Update/PCI Device driver issue

So I've had this problem for a while, Windows 10 refuses to update to 20H2. I'm still stuck on 1909. Error code it gives is 0xc1900101, which as far as I can tell is a driver issue. Device manager tells me device pci\ven_10DE&DEV_1ADB&SUBSYS_21723842&REV_A1\4&1DA95F35&0&0319 has an issue and needs to be updated. It will not update via any automated process. I believe this device is TU106 USB Type-C UCSI Controller, which I think is the USB port of my graphics card, which is an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070. Uninstalling this device does nothing, it disappears from device manager if I do so, but reappears upon a restart. Is anyone able to tell me what the issue is and how I update this system device or find a driver?

:)

DynamiteHeaddy, May 4, 2021

2. Missing pci simple comunication device driver with error code 28

Hi,

The PCI Simple Communications Controller is a generic device driver that handles peripheral devices attached to the computer. To resolve this issues, kindly refer to the questions below:

• Have you tried manually updating the driver for your graphics card?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

You can also refer to this
    Wiki Article
    by Andre Da Costa which shows a step by step guide in updating you device drivers.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, May 4, 2021
  3. Olafchief Win User
    Asus AC68 PCI-E Wireless adapter not working after Windows update (Code 38)

As the title suggests, after the most recent Windows update (brought my version of Windows to 1803), my Asus AC68 PCI-E Wireless adapter ceased to function. According to Device Manager, it was a "code 38" error (Windows cannot load the device driver
    for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory.)

Multiple searches have suggested that this is because of an issue with AMD processors, but this is not my situation as I have a Intel based processor.

I have attempted the following troubleshooting steps (without success)

• Uninstall and reinstall the driver
    • Use to "PCI lock" function in msconfig
    • Restore my computer to a previous state
    • Delete the Asus software
    • Change PCI port of my card

The only step I could take that did work was to restore a previous version of Windows (it brought me back to version 1709). So, for the moment my card works again, but my PC wants to update again, and I feel like this whole process will begin again if I
    do so. For the record, I have already been in touch with Asus support, and they have been less than helpful (some of the steps taken above were at their suggestion). Thank you in advance for any advice.

Olafchief, May 4, 2021
  4. Windows Update/PCI Device driver issue

Windows Update/PCI Device driver issue

So I've had this problem for a while, Windows 10 refuses to update to 20H2. I'm still stuck on 1909. Error code it gives is 0xc1900101, which as far as I can tell is a driver issue. Device manager tells me device pci\ven_10DE&DEV_1ADB&SUBSYS_21723842&REV_A1\4&1DA95F35&0&0319 has an issue and needs to be updated. It will not update via any automated process. I believe this device is TU106 USB Type-C UCSI Controller, which I think is the USB port of my graphics card, which is an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070.

Uninstalling this device does nothing, it disappears from device manager if I do so, but reappears upon a restart.

Is anyone able to tell me what the issue is and how I update this system device or find a driver?

DynamiteHeaddy, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows Update/PCI Device driver issue

1. Windows Update/PCI Device driver issue - Similar Threads - Update PCI Device

2. Drivers for PCI Devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drivers for PCI Devices: Hello guys, I wanted to ask about how do I install the drivers for these PCI Devices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drivers-for-pci-devices/7c686e35-22a9-4a41-8df2-456286e59c17
  3. Drivers for PCI Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers for PCI Devices: Hello guys, I wanted to ask about how do I install the drivers for these PCI Devices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drivers-for-pci-devices/7c686e35-22a9-4a41-8df2-456286e59c17
  4. Drivers for PCI Devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pci device driver

Pci device driver: I have been trying to update my pci device driver on my hp computer and it keeps reading code 18 every time I try to update the driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pci-device-driver/4d3c9edb-2811-481d-8838-4d5fa7927297
  6. Blue tooth driver controller and PCI device Device Drivers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue tooth driver controller and PCI device Device Drivers: My Bluetooth controller and PCI device has a yellow triangle beside them.. in addition the blue tooth drivers have disappeared. They not hidden . I had a recent hard drive swap out if that helps, I have tried everything to re install them but nothing seems to work...
  7. Other Devices PCI Device needs a driver update but nowhere to be found.

Other Devices PCI Device needs a driver update but nowhere to be found.: I have a PCI driver in my device manager that needs to be updated but i cant seem to find a driver update or anything for it if someone can assist me please. Device PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1ADB&SUBSYS_37521462&REV_A1\4&2283f625&0&0319 was configured. Driver Name: null Class...
  8. PCI driver issue: unable to use PCIe to PCI bridge

PCI driver issue: unable to use PCIe to PCI bridge: Hi! I've been researching for months and couldn't find a solution to my problem. Scenario: Dell precision 5530->Dell TB16 dock->Akitio Node Duo->E-MU 1010 PCIe card which hosts a PCIe-to-PCI bradge: https://www.diodes.com/part/view/PI7C9X111SL?BackID=213 I narrowed down...
  9. PCI Device: The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28

PCI Device: The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28: I built a computer with my friend, and I think they may have skipped downloading some drivers. Displayed under my PCI devices is the error message in this photo. All three PCIs have an issue and when I attempt to search for their drivers nothing works. I believe I am meant to...
  10. No PCI device drivers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No PCI device drivers: I'm trying to install NVIDIA drivers for my GPU and it's not working. I ran a troubleshoot and found I don't have a PCI device driver. I can't find any anywhere and have reinstalled my chipset drivers many times. I'm getting the information: "Device...