Windows 10: Windows Update: Pending Restart Not Installing Update

Discus and support Windows Update: Pending Restart Not Installing Update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows Update shows "Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5028185". Restart Required.This update has been sitting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by rockydean, Jul 27, 2023.

1. rockydean Win User

Windows Update: Pending Restart Not Installing Update

Windows Update shows "Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5028185". Restart Required.This update has been sitting there for several days. The Schedule Restart shows "today", but the update is still waiting to installed after several days. So I selected "Restart Now". The system goes thru a restart, but the update still shows waiting to be installed.

:)

rockydean, Jul 27, 2023
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jul 27, 2023
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

4. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

Thema:

1. Windows Update: Pending Restart Not Installing Update - Similar Threads - Update Pending Restart

2. windows update stuck in "pending restart"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update stuck in "pending restart": windows update stuck in "pending restart" -tried restart but still stuck after-tried uninstall the update and install manually https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-stuck-in-pending-restart/8f113176-8594-4c64-9fe9-40a9301c45c4
  3. windows update stuck in "pending restart"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows update stuck in "pending restart": windows update stuck in "pending restart" -tried restart but still stuck after-tried uninstall the update and install manually https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-stuck-in-pending-restart/8f113176-8594-4c64-9fe9-40a9301c45c4
  4. windows update stuck in "pending restart"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update: Pending Restart Not Installing Update

Windows Update: Pending Restart Not Installing Update: Windows Update shows "Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5028185". Restart Required.This update has been sitting there for several days. The Schedule Restart shows "today", but the update is still waiting to installed after several days. So...
  6. Pending updates are not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pending updates are not installing: I have cumulative updates in my system and it never install. I dont have error message or code that I can provide but the update stuck at 60 then start all over again in the download. I have been dealing with this for 3 days now and never install.I run windows update...
  7. Pending updates are not installing

Pending updates are not installing: I have cumulative updates in my system and it never install. I dont have error message or code that I can provide but the update stuck at 60 then start all over again in the download. I have been dealing with this for 3 days now and never install.I run windows update...
  8. install pending updates

install pending updates: Hello! I am brand new to Windows 10. I know, what took me so long right? The update system is a lot different than what I'm used to, I can't seem to find the "Install" button. There's just "Pause updates for 7 days" "Change active hours" "View update history"...
  9. Windows 10 updates wont install, pending restart.

Windows 10 updates wont install, pending restart.: Hi, When i try to update i get these issues. I wasn't aware of these until i tried to update my gpu drivers and they failed because they require that windows is up to date. [ATTACH] and when i run the troubleshooter i get this [ATTACH] however when i restart my pc i...
  10. Updates Pending to Installed

Updates Pending to Installed: How do I get from Pending to Installed when new updates have completed the download? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-pending-to-installed/4b6e947b-a2c1-478e-924f-d1e8282c095a