Windows 10: Windows Update Policy Changes not showing (Brother's Comp)

Discus and support Windows Update Policy Changes not showing (Brother's Comp) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My brother is running an alienware aurora r5 desktop with accompanying BIOS and windows 10 home 64-bit (latest stable update, so 1909 build 18363.900),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BrokenDaily, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Windows Update Policy Changes not showing (Brother's Comp)

My brother is running an alienware aurora r5 desktop with accompanying BIOS and windows 10 home 64-bit (latest stable update, so 1909 build 18363.900), dell tag 486hmd2. I'm running windows 10 pro 64 bit of the same build number, and I got my windows update policy settings changed so windows may check for updates, but never install them without my permission

Now sometimes I use the attached batch file to enable the group policy editor on his computer, and I use the policyplus app I left on his computer ages ago to download the needed policy definition files so the GPO can be used (if there's a windows download link foir the policy files, then I would like to know please). Now I used GPO to set the windows update policy settings to match mine, and used gpupdate /force in an admin mode command prompt to force the changes

After this,I expected either before or after a restart, in windows update I'd see a yellow * Some settings are managed by your organization. But not on his home edition; even when I used an updated version of policy plus on his computer (forgot to update it, grabbed latest debug build), and made sure the changes reflected the same as my own, I expected that to work, no go. From what im seeing, his edition of windows refuses to acknowledge or apply any policy change period. I did the holy trinity of cmd commands and found no corruption at all (sfc, dism, chkdsk)

Wat do?

:)

BrokenDaily, Jun 13, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update Policy Changes not showing (Brother's Comp) :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

You can change Group Policies by opening Group Policy Editor first. You can open it by following these steps:

• Log in an administrator account. If you are already logged in as an administrator, proceed to step 2.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

After opening Group Policy Editor, you can now make the necessary changes that you want.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Windows Update Policy Changes not showing (Brother's Comp)

winshowhide show update but cant find the drivers for Brother printer and Watchdog driver on Windows 10.

Hi Thomas,

You will find certain devices listed in Programs and features. These are some of the drives which may be missing or hidden in
    Device manager on the computer.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Do you have Brother Printer connected to the computer?
    • Are you facing any issues downloading the update?
    • Did you check if the drivers are listed in Programs and features?

Check if the drives are listed in Programs and features by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + R keys on the keyboard, type
      appwiz.cpl and press Enter.
    • Check if Brother printer and
      Watchdog driver are listed in the window.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of drivers not showing in Device manager on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your
    reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update Policy Changes not showing (Brother's Comp)

1. Windows Update Policy Changes not showing (Brother's Comp) - Similar Threads - Update Policy Changes

2. Comp glitch.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Comp glitch.: I have an Acer pc. Everyone once in a while, it blacks out for a second, then comes back on with the image slightly pixelated. I turn the computer off and restart it, and it's OK for the time being. What does it mean? Is there something I can do to fix this?...
  3. Comp glitch.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Comp glitch.: I have an Acer pc. Everyone once in a while, it blacks out for a second, then comes back on with the image slightly pixelated. I turn the computer off and restart it, and it's OK for the time being. What does it mean? Is there something I can do to fix this?...
  4. Comp glitch.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows update policies.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update policies.: Hi. I have some troubles with my computer. The below picture shows the "some settings are managed by your organization" and i want to remove it but i tried many different ways by watching youtube videos and googling but just not able to resolve this problem. In the second...
  6. Windows 10 update comp will not boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update comp will not boot: Windows 10 did an update then could not finish so went to previous version When this happened it now starts the computer runs untill windows starts to boot then cycles back to reboot computer will not do anything else now. I even let it run over night to see it it just...
  7. When is windows going to change its update policies?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When is windows going to change its update policies?: I and many other users are extremely frustrated with the update policy of windows. I used to be a big supporter of Windows in the days of Windows 7 and Xp. I even used to defend Windows from Mac/Linux admirers. But Windows 10 has been terribly underwhelming. When is Microsoft...
  8. New comp.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New comp.: Looking to get a new gaming comp. but on a budget would like to keep,it under $700. Looking at the dell inspiration 5675 as one.. also see these cyber power systems but don't know much about them. Any help would be great. Thanks 116890
  9. Changes to update policies

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changes to update policies: Hmmm.. a slight step in the right direction: "Speaking to press this week Microsoft Corporate Vice President Jim Alkove said the company will stop hiding the contents of Windows 10 updates and what changes they will make once installed."...
  10. Windows 10 group policy update settings changes automatically

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 group policy update settings changes automatically: Dear all I have windows 10 pro and I have edited the group policy for windows update and has set it to notify me to download. My problem is that after a few days windows automatically download updates and install them though I had set it to notify to download. It seems that...