Windows 10: Windows Update - Possibly an Active Hours problem. Windows 10

Discus and support Windows Update - Possibly an Active Hours problem. Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Sorry to trouble the Community yet again. I had an email notification yesterday of a Microsoft Security Update Release with five components each with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Taffy087, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Taffy087 Win User

Windows Update - Possibly an Active Hours problem. Windows 10

Sorry to trouble the Community yet again. I had an email notification yesterday of a Microsoft Security Update Release with five components each with an "Aggregate CVE Severity Rating of Important".

I went to Settings to check for Updates and a Definition Update for Windows Defender [Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition 1.287.145.0)] is there 'pending Install'. I've tried moving Active Hours to periods in the past and in the future but no good.

A troubleshooting tool came up - I ran it and got a window "pending restart" that ran nearly an hour but again no good - I ended it.

What can I do to install the Defender Definition Update so that I can check for the latest Security updates please?

:)

Taffy087, Feb 20, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I couldn't get it to work at all.. I was also told from a friend that it wasn't possible, you may be out of luck.

LightningJR, Feb 20, 2019
  4. Laurijan Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

Hi!

I signed up in the windows insider program and got windows 10 free - the windows 10 insider preview updated to windows 10 pro.
    Today i got another SSD and did a raid 0 on my system forcing me to do a clean install of windows but now it wont activate anymore.
    Signing in with my microsoft account that was linked to the insider program didnt help.
    Maybe i got this problem since i quit the insider program for several days and signed up again after i found out that my win 10 wont activate anymore.
    Any ideas how to fix it?

Lauri

Laurijan, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Update - Possibly an Active Hours problem. Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Update Possibly Active

2. Windows updating during active hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updating during active hours: Windows is always updating and saying update is 100% complete and updates for long period of time . How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updating-during-active-hours/123aeb5a-64cd-4269-85b8-64a7ad6cc443
  3. Windows updating during active hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updating during active hours: Windows is always updating and saying update is 100% complete and updates for long period of time . How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updating-during-active-hours/123aeb5a-64cd-4269-85b8-64a7ad6cc443
  4. Windows updating during active hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update and Active Hours prompts

Windows Update and Active Hours prompts: Hi All I am using Windows 10, and I keep getting messages about doing Windows Updates outside Active Hours. As my pc is only on when I am using it I would prefer to do the Windows Update and restart when I have finished using it which could be at any time. After all I...
  6. Windows 10 checked for updates during active hours...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 checked for updates during active hours...: I have my Change Active Hours set from 8am to 11pm and the "Automatically adjust active hours for this device based on activity" is off. Why would Windows check for updates at 10:25am today?!? You're up to date. Last Checked: Today, 10:25am Should I turn that Automatically...
  7. Windows 10 active hours

Windows 10 active hours: Hello, I have some pc's that are using the 1607 LTSB windows version. On these machines the maximum number of hours that you can set as active is 12 and I have set the active hours from 8am to 2am.Also I have set the computers to restart every Monday at 5am. However I...
  8. Possible Problem - Windows 10 - Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Possible Problem - Windows 10 - Updates: Greetings, On my settings, on the Windows Update then View Update History I have 2 different contradictions. The first is the Windows update Quality Updates: August 13, 2019—KB4512508 (OS Build 18362.295) Applies to: Windows 10, version 1903Windows Server version 1903....
  9. Change Active Hours for Windows Update in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Active Hours for Windows Update in Windows 10: How to: Change Active Hours for Windows Update in Windows 10 How to Change Active Hours for Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows Update keeps Windows 10 updated by downloading and installing the latest updates, drivers, and hotfixes released by Microsoft. Starting...
  10. Enable or Disable Active Hours for Windows Update in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Active Hours for Windows Update in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Active Hours for Windows Update in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Windows Update Active Hours in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows Update keeps Windows 10 updated by downloading and installing the latest updates, drivers, and hotfixes...