Windows 10: Windows Update Possibly Deleting Important Files for Programs

Discus and support Windows Update Possibly Deleting Important Files for Programs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently my PC updated when I shut it down, and afterwards it said "cleaning your PC" and presumably deleted junk files. This did not seem singificant,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jacob Fallick, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Windows Update Possibly Deleting Important Files for Programs

Recently my PC updated when I shut it down, and afterwards it said "cleaning your PC" and presumably deleted junk files. This did not seem singificant, however in the following days various programs now had issues when starting up or had parts of the program not working. For example, chrome does not work and has an error when loading any web page - including settings fixed with compatibility mode, razer synapse does not work and an emulator had some save data deleted. There isnt really much I can do but I was wondering if anyone had ever had this issue as well or knew why

:)

Jacob Fallick, Jun 27, 2022

2. Files Deleted During Failed Windows Update

If you saved your video projects, they should be on the drive (barring any file system corruption). You can give Recuva a try:

Accidentally deleted an important file? Lost something important when your computer crashed? No problem! Recuva recovers files deleted from your Windows computer, Recycle Bin, digital camera card, or MP3 player. And it's free!​
    Download the portable version on another PC, unpack it on a flash drive, pop the drive in the trouble machine, and run it off the flash drive. You want to make as few changes to the hard drive as possible before running the recovery program.

Static~Charge, Jun 27, 2022
  3. KBD
    KBD Win User
    Plz recomend program to recover deleted files.

Let me try what you guys suggested, i am willing to pay for the program to get the files back.

4. 95Viper Win User

Windows Update Possibly Deleting Important Files for Programs

I Think CCleaner Deleted My AsusSetup Log File

Is your system misbehaving or programs crashing/not starting, then no... don't worry about a log file.

However, you keep calling it an inii file... do you mean it is an .ini file; if so, run the program the file is for, open the options menu, set the options, save the options... it will probably re-wite the .ini file.

If, it won't start, then try a repair on the program or re-install the program affected.

CCleaner deleted it,because it is set to delete log files, temp files, etc. as default.
    It is a program, you must set its options and tell it what to do and not to do.

Quote from Recuva's documentation page:
    Spoiler
    And, same info here: Recuva File Recovery

95Viper, Jun 27, 2022
Thema:

Windows Update Possibly Deleting Important Files for Programs

1. Windows Update Possibly Deleting Important Files for Programs - Similar Threads - Update Possibly Deleting

2. Windows Update Possibly Deleting Important Files for Programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Possibly Deleting Important Files for Programs: Recently my PC updated when I shut it down, and afterwards it said "cleaning your PC" and presumably deleted junk files. This did not seem singificant, however in the following days various programs now had issues when starting up or had parts of the program not working. For...
  3. Windows Update Possibly Deleting Important Files for Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Possibly Deleting Important Files for Programs: Recently my PC updated when I shut it down, and afterwards it said "cleaning your PC" and presumably deleted junk files. This did not seem singificant, however in the following days various programs now had issues when starting up or had parts of the program not working. For...
  4. New updates deletes some of my important files

New updates deletes some of my important files: Hello i updated my pc about a while ago then it deleted everything but when i restarted it was actually a glitch but it deleted my important screenshots,downloads,videos, idk why but how did this happens? is there any fix?...
  5. deleted important files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    deleted important files: I accidentally deleted the whole AppData folder and now the whole system is slow and the display drivers are missing. Should I format the windows? Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-important-files/5e1a25db-d57f-451a-af5b-10d579087a92
  6. DEleted files and programs

DEleted files and programs: OK, so I up graded to Windows 10 Pro this evening. Had some issues so I contacted Microsoft support. They helped get the windows 10 Pro installed. Prior to installing, I had asked if my current programs and files would be effected and was told no. Anyway, I no longer have ANY...
  7. Deleted Important File

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted Important File: I accessed an USB drive that had an important file that Win 10 home decided was a threat and appeared to delete it without warning. Is there any way to retrieve this file? submitted by /u/DennisJM [link] [comments]...
  8. possible to recover deleted files?

in Windows 10 Support
    possible to recover deleted files?: Wife just called and told me she deleted her notary foiles off of the thumbdrive. I thought when a file is deleted from a thumbdive it is gone forever. Can it be recovered? It does not show up in the main computer's recycle bin. I told her to eject the drive and not to add...
  9. delete a program file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    delete a program file: How can I close the carbonite program and delete the carbonite program file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-program-file/426ef3c3-741e-4f48-bbde-36a4377bc252"
  10. Are the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders important?

in Windows 10 Support
    Are the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders important?: Hi, I was wondering how important the two mentioned folders are when installing a software. I know most programs suggest being installed to one of them, but it is really necessary? What happens if I choose another folder? I use the game client Steam for example. It...