Windows 10: Windows Update Preventing Login

Discus and support Windows Update Preventing Login in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Really needing some help - The Feb 2021 Windows Update was applied and now it will not allow me to enter my login details. I can't even start it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Black_Cloud, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Windows Update Preventing Login

Really needing some help - The Feb 2021 Windows Update was applied and now it will not allow me to enter my login details. I can't even start it in safe mode. When the screen that usually appears requiring me to log in, there is nowhere to log in and no amount of mouse-clicking or keyboard input changes this. I have forced the system to run it's repair mode on start-up and tried just about every option available there. The only one that temporarily helps is using an earlier system restore point, but the update forces itself on me within the next day or two.

I'd really like to be able to get into my system so I can work. Help would be appreciated.

:)

Black_Cloud, Feb 12, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Windows Update - Prevents Appliations from Loading

Update KB4015217 currently preventing a number of applications in our environment from loading.

We have to perform the following steps to get the applications to run:

Uninstall Windows Update KB4015217

• Windows Update
    • Update History
    • Uninstall Update
    Reboot

Run the “Windows Update Hide Tool”

Hide update KB4015217

1234Jenifer1234, Feb 12, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Update Preventing Login

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update Preventing Login :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows Update Preventing Login

1. Windows Update Preventing Login - Similar Threads - Update Preventing Login

2. Preventing a two hour wait to login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Preventing a two hour wait to login: The following message appears when I try to sign in: This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shut down. When I do manage to login, in two hours time. Is it possible to change the computers settings to prevent this message appearing when...
  3. Preventing a two hour wait to login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preventing a two hour wait to login: The following message appears when I try to sign in: This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in attempts or repeated shut down. When I do manage to login, in two hours time. Is it possible to change the computers settings to prevent this message appearing when...
  4. Preventing a two hour wait to login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows preventing me to disabled CAD Login.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows preventing me to disabled CAD Login.: Can anyone help me?This is not fair to lock that on. Only because of your damn update.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-to-disabled-a-bs-functionality-called-ctrl-alt/26b56caa-817d-4f9a-847f-a70c37e36275?auth=1...
  6. Prevent Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Prevent Windows Updates: Firstly, before I get a ton of abuse, I totally get the Windows updates and the security patches etc .... but my laptop doesnt! Every time I get a Windows Update installed it crashes my computer and takes the best part of 6 hours to perform a recovery. I am hoping to get...
  7. Preventing updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Preventing updates: In the old Windows versions (XP, 7) I could configure the system so that whenever I got a message on pending updates, I could choose which updates to install and which not to install. How can I do it in Windows 10? When I click Settings/Updates, I see a message on 3 pending...
  8. Preventing updates

Preventing updates: In the old Windows versions (XP, 7) I could configure the system so that whenever I got a message on pending updates, I could choose which updates to install and which not to install. How can I do it n Windows 10? When I click Settings/Updates, I see a message on 3 pending...
  9. REFERENCE_BY_POINTER error on login prevents login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    REFERENCE_BY_POINTER error on login prevents login: Hi, I have had this problem for just under a week. I have an HP Spectre x360 (---). When I press the power button the laptop boots to the login screen. When I try to login I get a blue screen saying "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're collecting some...
  10. WINDOWS UPDATE PREVENTION

WINDOWS UPDATE PREVENTION: GETTING ANNOYED THE SAME AS SO MANY OTHERS... WE NEED THE OPTION TO STOP THE NONSENSE UPDATES THAT ALWAYS FAIL AND PUT THE DESKTOPS ETC INTO THE 'FAIL LOOP' ENOUGH ALREADY EITHER DAMN WELL SORT IT OUT OR GIVE US THE OPTION TO STOP THE UPDATE PROCEDURE....