Windows 10: Windows Update prevents Win 11 upgrade

Discus and support Windows Update prevents Win 11 upgrade in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My windows update tells me i my PC does not meet the current specs to upgrade. I downloaded the nifty little tool, it tells me i am good to go but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bugs571, Oct 27, 2021.

1. bugs571 Win User

Windows Update prevents Win 11 upgrade

My windows update tells me i my PC does not meet the current specs to upgrade. I downloaded the nifty little tool, it tells me i am good to go but windows update persists and therefore i cannot upgrade. What insight can you proivide?

:)

bugs571, Oct 27, 2021

2. Windows 10 Upgrade Error 11/11/2015

Hi Marianne,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with installing the updates, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Were you able to see any error notification along with the error code?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you able to boot in to the desktop?

This issue might be due to the anti-virus software or corrupted Windows Update Components.

I suggest you to hard reboot the computer and perform the below.

Step 1: Try to eject all the external devices connected to your computer except mouse and keyboard, reboot the computer and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to uninstall the anti-virus software installed on your device and check for the updates.

If the issue still persists,

Step 3: I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check.

Resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
      and follow the on-screen instructions.

For further reference: How to: Troubleshoot common Setup and Stop Errors during Windows 10
    Installation

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 27, 2021
  3. Hockster Win User
    Windows 7 update help needed

Language packs should be listed in the optional updates section of Windows Update.

As for installing Win 7, it should merely ask for the qualifying media to be inserted to the dvd drive. That's what XP upgrade install discs did when there wasn't a previous OS installed.

Hockster, Oct 27, 2021
  4. mrgeek Win User

How do I prevent the Win 10 upgrade?

This simple utility tool will tell you right away if the Windows 10 Upgrade option is enabled and also remove all parts of any download that might install. Can be run portably at any time to re-assure you that you have NO Win10 files AND that auto update is not enabled. Download at -

GRC/NEVER 10

https://www.tenforums.com/attachmen...17b51f" id="attachment81440" rel="nofollow" >

mrgeek, Oct 27, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Update prevents Win 11 upgrade - Similar Threads - Update prevents upgrade

2. Prevent windows 11 auto upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Prevent windows 11 auto upgrade: I have windows 10 Pro 64bit installed on a workstation. Due to a software incompatibility I want to prevent the windows 11 auto upgrade from happening. But I need the system to update all the rest within windows 10 like security patches etc. How do I do this ?...
  3. Prevent windows 11 auto upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent windows 11 auto upgrade: I have windows 10 Pro 64bit installed on a workstation. Due to a software incompatibility I want to prevent the windows 11 auto upgrade from happening. But I need the system to update all the rest within windows 10 like security patches etc. How do I do this ?...
  4. Prevent windows 11 auto upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Preventing 11 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preventing 11 Upgrade: How can I prevent users of Windows Pro in a non active directory environment from upgrading to Windows 11?We use software for our MIS system which does not support 11 yet....
  6. Preventing 11 Upgrade

Preventing 11 Upgrade: How can I prevent users of Windows Pro in a non active directory environment from upgrading to Windows 11?We use software for our MIS system which does not support 11 yet....
  7. Preventing 11 Upgrade

8. Prevent automatic upgrade to Windows 11

Prevent automatic upgrade to Windows 11: I have a Windows 10 professional license on my work computer. I have been notified that I can download and install the upgrade.I am a bit skittish about this. How do I temporarily prevent this from happening?Just not click on the "Download and Install" box?...
  9. Prevent automatic upgrade to Windows 11

Prevent automatic upgrade to Windows 11: I have a Windows 10 professional license on my work computer. I have been notified that I can download and install the upgrade.I am a bit skittish about this. How do I temporarily prevent this from happening?Just not click on the "Download and Install" box?...
  10. Windows Update prevents Win 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update prevents Win 11 upgrade: My windows update tells me i my PC does not meet the current specs to upgrade. I downloaded the nifty little tool, it tells me i am good to go but windows update persists and therefore i cannot upgrade. What insight can you proivide?...