Windows 10: Windows update problem after cloning c drive from hdd to ssd

Discus and support Windows update problem after cloning c drive from hdd to ssd in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Guys, i had cloned my c drive from hdd to ssd recently, after that Windows updates is showing error and microsoft store is not able to download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Romlow_1995, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Windows update problem after cloning c drive from hdd to ssd

Guys, i had cloned my c drive from hdd to ssd recently, after that Windows updates is showing error and microsoft store is not able to download anything, u guys got any fix for this?

submitted by /u/Romlow_1995
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Romlow_1995, Jun 27, 2020
  2. jmchatain Win User

Problem with boot after cloning HDD to SSD - Please Help !

Hi,

I have windows 10 on my Dell and I just cloned my HDD onto a SSD. I changed the BIOS priority with 1) SSD and 2) HDD. The boot was still very slow as if on my HDD (and not SSD). When I look at the C:/Windows/Temp it gives me today's date, which means
    to me that it has booted on the C:/. When I look at the F:/Windows/Temp I have yesterday's date (when I cloned). F:/ is my SSD.

What did I do wrong and how can I boot from the SSD drive?

I would like to keep the HDD as back up. FYI the HDD is on SATA 1, CD on SATA 2 and SSD on SATA 3.

Here is a picture of my disc manager.

Thanks !

jmchatain, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Smears Win User
    Restore Image or Clone from HDD to new SSD?

I have a single, non-partitioned (C:\ drive only) 500GB HDD in a desktop PC, using approx. 80 percent of it. I want to install a 500GB SSD, and clone or restore an image of the HDD to it. Once that's complete and successful, I plan to wipe the 500GB HDD
    and then move my large libraries of media from the newly installed SSD to it. My future holds lots of video editing and compiling, so the extra storage will help, along with the better performance via the SSD (and upgraded RAM as well).

I'm unable to find after much research a definitive answer as to whether cloning the HDD to the SSD is better than restoring an image of the HDD to the SSD. I've read where cloning will carry over bad sectors and such where imaging will not. I think I'm
    leaning toward image restore, keeping a copy of it on an external 1TB drive I have, to which I can periodically do image backups of the new, separate drives.

I'd also like to find a tutorial re: the same. Thanks in advance for any help.

Smears, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Nickylee1 Win User

Windows update problem after cloning c drive from hdd to ssd

windows 10 copy to clone drive

Hi Victorstoicescu,

So have you cloned your original SSD to a new HDD now? If you have done thing like that, you can replace you old SSD with new SSD. Then, clone your C drive from HDD(new) to new SSD. I think you can find a third-party clone software to help you. Maybe you
    can try AOMEI Backupper, which is a professional clone software. It has functions like disk clone and system clone that can help you

clone C drive
    to SSD or clone HDD to SSD easily and safely. And it can ensure secure boot after cloning.

Nickylee1, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows update problem after cloning c drive from hdd to ssd

1. Windows update problem after cloning c drive from hdd to ssd - Similar Threads - update problem cloning

2. Clone HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clone HDD to SSD: Of all the many programs than come with Win10, do any allow the cloning of the OS to a new SSD? If so, are the instructions easy to understand & follow? If not, can you recommend one?Thanks!...
  3. Window clone HDD To SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Window clone HDD To SSD: Hello firstly window runs on HDD after I did clone the window HDD to SSD he has done it successfully but the EFI system partition can't migrate to SSD. I want to run a complete window partition on SSD 250GB. Activated os windows10 Thank you...
  4. HDD to SSD clone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDD to SSD clone.: Want to transfer my whole operating system along with the data from a HDD to a SSD but don't know how to do it. Help needed. SSD not yet bought so suggestion on what company to buy from are welcome. Currently using western digital wd10spzx-60z10t0 1TB. Let me know if more...
  5. Cloning an SSD from an HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloning an SSD from an HDD: Im planning on swapping out my laptops HDD with an SSD, and I was wondering if the OS clones to the new drive? Also I have a few programs that have licenses using ilok so would those carry over too or would i have to authenticate my software again? Thanks in advance!...
  6. Cloning Windows from an HDD to an SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloning Windows from an HDD to an SSD: I'm trying to clone my Windows PC. I have a 220GB SSD installed with a 1 TB HDD. What I'm trying to do is clone Windows and leave my documents and Images etc: on the HDD. When setting up the cloning software I have deleted the "Users" folder from the cloning operation. I now...
  7. Cloning a hdd to ssd

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloning a hdd to ssd: 1t to 250 gig ssd using MiniTool Partition Free. Very little on the hdd and I never even fill up a 128g ssd !! Anything I have to be aware of ? Thanks 143870
  8. Problems after HDD Clone

Problems after HDD Clone: I cloned my HDD, and Windows, my files, and my programs all copied fine. However I am having the following problems: -Audio Service refuses to run even when forced in properties (tried resetting my boot settings to default as well) -Search Bar refuses to let me type in...
  9. SSD not booting Windows 10 after cloning from HDD.

SSD not booting Windows 10 after cloning from HDD.: I recently purchased a Sandisk 120GB SSD to use for running my OS from. I formatted the disk as normal then ran the EaseUS todo backup to clone the data. The cloning seemed to be successful as the SSD had all the data from the HDD including Windows 10. However when I try...
  10. Clone HDD to SSD

Clone HDD to SSD: Most regulars here recommend and use Macrium Reflect Free which will work on ANY drive. 93058