Windows 10: Windows update problem and disk problem

Discus and support Windows update problem and disk problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When i try to update windows my disk is at 100% and now updates are stuck at 51%. Why is my disk at 100% and why the update is stuck. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by stefanjosimovski, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Windows update problem and disk problem

When i try to update windows my disk is at 100% and now updates are stuck at 51%.

Why is my disk at 100% and why the update is stuck.

Windows update problem and disk problem 2d319806-f5cc-48f5-85b5-1038969e96ba?upload=true.png

Please help.

:)

stefanjosimovski, Oct 3, 2019
  2. vivanco Win User

hard disk drive problem

i have a western digital 120 gb ide hard drive ( there was still 25 gb free space ) and everything was running fine until i decided to update windows xp home edition service pack 1 to service pack 2. I updated the windows and after the updating was done it asked me to restart the computer so i restarted the computer and it was normal then the windows would not start up. i turned off the computer and then turned it back on, everything gets on normally but it gets stock at where it says windows xp, it just stays there forever therefore i dont get to my desktop. Any idea what might be causing the problem?

I have an old hard disk drive which im not using and it has 10 gb space. Can i plug it to my system and run the windows from that and still be able use my other hard disk too so i can uninstall the service pack 2 from my hard disk.

Waiting for your suggestions!

Thank you for your time !

vivanco, Oct 3, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Windows update problem and disk problem

Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Windows update problem and disk problem :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows update problem and disk problem

1. Windows update problem and disk problem - Similar Threads - update problem disk

2. disk problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disk problem: So i accidentaly merged my download folder with disk D and followed this post : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-merged-my-downloads-library-to-d/1ca4d0ac-13ff-46ad-9e0f-1c005c546b67 to fix it, but when i changed de data value of...
  3. Disk problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk problem: My D disk suddenly had a blue question mark on it and it won't open i have tried the Run method but it has not workedThis all happened after an update i need help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-problem/e06ac8e2-8bfc-49a2-a918-d616c60798c7
  4. Disk problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk problem: My D disk suddenly had a blue question mark on it and it won't open i have tried the Run method but it has not workedThis all happened after an update i need help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-problem/e06ac8e2-8bfc-49a2-a918-d616c60798c7
  5. Disk problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. disk problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    disk problem: In my disk that i had shrink, it has no files but when i look at it, it says that the disk has 94 bg out of 103 gb and i dont understand that there were no files in it but it dont have any files....
  7. Is this a Windows problem, or a disk problem?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this a Windows problem, or a disk problem?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ruraj [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hcefcj/is_this_a_windows_problem_or_a_disk_problem/
  8. Problem with disks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with disks: I wanted to install Windows Vista on my computer. It is out of support, but i said why not. It said: Error: System Reserved H: does not have enough space to install Windows Vista. 300 MB. Free up space and restart installation. Then i open Disk Managment and do the worst...
  9. Problem with disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with disk: I right-clicked on my C: drive I went to Advanced I think I went to owner I changed the current owner Now I can't access my C: drive and I can't change it back. HELP! Can anybody help me? I'm using Windows 10, Intel I7, 16gb 141821
  10. Windows Update- Disk Size Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update- Disk Size Problem: So I am running into a new issue I never have seen before. So I am using FOG Project to image the machines in my environment. Yesterday I imaged two Lenovo T460 laptops with a Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 Image. The size of the SSD on both machines are 256gb. So when I image...