Windows 10: Windows update problems corrupting machines

Discus and support Windows update problems corrupting machines in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What are the Microsoft programmers thinking? Can't complete update because the update service is shutting down. What kind of nonsense is this? So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Joe Tannenbaum, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Windows update problems corrupting machines

What are the Microsoft programmers thinking? Can't complete update because the update service is shutting down.

What kind of nonsense is this? So far, two of my machines are corrupted.

:)

Joe Tannenbaum, Jan 12, 2021

2. Windows updates...

Oh. Your "Registry" must have gotten screwed up FLY3R. If for some reason you couldn't download your updates I suppose you could go to the update site, and run throught the steps 'till it fails activation. Then you could go up to "Tools > Manage Add ons > then disable "Windows Genuine Advatage Validation Tool." Of course you should only use this method if you are having problems updating your legitamate copy of Windows XP. Perhaps do to a corrupted piece of software? *Smile Windows update problems corrupting machines :)

Thermopylae_480, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Beven Win User
    Critical Structure Corruption Windows 10

I keep getting this error "Critical Structure Corruption" and can't seem to fix it.

It happens while I am busy on my laptop. Here are some of the steps I have tried so far to resolve this with no success.

1. Ran Windows Memory Diagnostic = no problems so RAM looks good.
    2. Check The CPU with Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool = PASS all
    3. Drivers update, I used driver booster and did need to update 18 drivers but was able to update with no issues.
    4. Update software and drivers, well it was suggested that I update BlueStacks but the update failed, bluestacks mentioned that it might be an issue so as I do not use the tool I uninstalled the software altogether.
    5. Updated Windows, this I do regularly and automatically so no big updates were missed.
    6. Defragged the machine - system is optimized
    7. Ran anti-virus check and all's good
    8. Ran CCleaner

Now I might mention I'm not a super user, but I'm able to follow suggestions quite well.

Any help will be appreciated.

Screenshot:

Windows update problems corrupting machines GD27Q.jpg

Beven, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Windows update problems corrupting machines

Windows updates...

You cant just disable it anymore.
    http://wiki.djlizard.net/WGA

*Toast :toast:

wazzledoozle, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows update problems corrupting machines

1. Windows update problems corrupting machines - Similar Threads - update problems corrupting

2. File Corruption Problem After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Corruption Problem After Windows 10 Update: Greetings, esteemed forum members,I am reaching out to seek guidance regarding a troubling issue I've encountered after updating my Windows 10 operating system. Following the update, I've noticed significant file corruption and data loss on my computer.Files that were...
  3. File Corruption Problem After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Corruption Problem After Windows 10 Update: Greetings, esteemed forum members,I am reaching out to seek guidance regarding a troubling issue I've encountered after updating my Windows 10 operating system. Following the update, I've noticed significant file corruption and data loss on my computer.Files that were...
  4. File Corruption Problem After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problems with windows update and corrupted files

Problems with windows update and corrupted files: Windows updates get stuck at certain percentages and I seem to have some corrupted files on my computer which windows itself can't seem to fix. Any help would be appreciated!...
  6. Problems with windows update and corrupted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with windows update and corrupted files: Windows updates get stuck at certain percentages and I seem to have some corrupted files on my computer which windows itself can't seem to fix. Any help would be appreciated!...
  7. Virtual Machine problem

Virtual Machine problem: i installed need for speed most wanted 2012 but when I open it I see an error which says: sorry, this application can not run under a virtual machine but i am not using any virtual machines. I even uninstalled VMware workstation but still i have problem opening the game. I am...
  8. Virtual Machine problem

Virtual Machine problem: i installed need for speed most wanted 2012 but when I open it I see an error which says: sorry, this application can not run under a virtual machine but i am not using any virtual machines. I even uninstalled VMware workstation but still i have problem opening the game. I am...
  9. Windows Feature Updates Corrupting Harddrive in Machine With Recent Hardware Updates

Windows Feature Updates Corrupting Harddrive in Machine With Recent Hardware Updates: About July or August of 2020 the thermal management system in my HP 8550W laptop failed and the graphics card and motherboard were destroyed from the overheating. At that point, I gutted the dual-core i5 motherboard out of it and transplanted a quad-core i7 motherboard, CPU...
  10. Latest Windows 10 update corrupted machine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest Windows 10 update corrupted machine: We did latest update on Tuesday night. When I tried to start computer yesterday, it started with "Preparing Automatic Repair" but it could not auto repair. I've tried many of the options that the diagnostic tools present, but nothing happens no backup or restore point. I’ve...