Windows 10: Windows update problems

Discus and support Windows update problems in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; One of my machines got stuck on checking for updates for over twenty mins so I used brinks tutorial to reset the windows update. It went through but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Scottyboy99, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Windows update problems

One of my machines got stuck on checking for updates for over twenty mins so I used brinks tutorial to reset the windows update. It went through but after a reboot Microsoft defender refuses to start with an error about the security client on each restart now and a refusal to open manually. Plus the Windows update still gets stuck on checking for updates and now the App Store won't finishing checking for updates. Seems I am in quite a pickle. Any advice?

am trying a system restore point I created last week but it's taking ages on initialising and I'm not holding much hope for this working out

:)

Scottyboy99, Dec 21, 2016

2. start menu stopped working

Cannot get start menu to pop up. Worked till yesterday, now won't. Turned off computer and back on - still won't work

problems-problems, Dec 21, 2016
  3. Windows update_1900101 Windows 10

I haven't been able to install Windows 10 due to the following error: C1900101-20017. Any idea what this is and does it mean I'm out of luck?

Windows update-1900101, Dec 21, 2016
  4. Windows update problems

System restore took an age but seems to have restored normality. Will keep an eye on this though.

i knew something was up before I ran the initial check for updates. Could see the cpu meter constantly at 30 and task manager had windows modules installer/worker (or whatever it's called) as the culprit. So when I checked for updates it wasn't finishing the check presumably because of this task it was busy with. Maybe I should of left it alone for a while to complete whatever it was doing - I guess resetting windows update in this particular instance wasn't the best move

but this is what frustrates me with Windows 10, the unpredictability of it. It's almost as if it's dangerous to leave windows idle for long as it can then get up to all sorts of mischief in the background. I'm sure this is what caused my original woes, some kind of background process that was taking an age to complete and blocking windows update from finishing its check

Scottyboy99, Dec 21, 2016
Thema:

Windows update problems

1. Windows update problems - Similar Threads - update problems

2. Windows 10: The Troubleshooter For Windows Updates Is NOT SOLVING The Problem Of Update Not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: The Troubleshooter For Windows Updates Is NOT SOLVING The Problem Of Update Not...: Hello Everybody,In the past four months, I've tried over and over again, all the things I know, to solve this issue of a certain update not getting installedsince2024-01" Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441 "Every time, Win10 downloads...
  3. Windows 10: The Troubleshooter For Windows Updates Is NOT SOLVING The Problem Of Update Not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10: The Troubleshooter For Windows Updates Is NOT SOLVING The Problem Of Update Not...: Hello Everybody,In the past four months, I've tried over and over again, all the things I know, to solve this issue of a certain update not getting installedsince2024-01" Security Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5034441 "Every time, Win10 downloads...
  4. Windows 10: The Troubleshooter For Windows Updates Is NOT SOLVING The Problem Of Update Not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update Problem / Errors with Powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Problem / Errors with Powershell: I was trying to fix the downloader with code someone posted on another QnA and it did this and now I'm worried my pc completely broken. Any help would be a life saver!...
  6. Windows Update Problem / Errors with Powershell

Windows Update Problem / Errors with Powershell: I was trying to fix the downloader with code someone posted on another QnA and it did this and now I'm worried my pc completely broken. Any help would be a life saver!...
  7. Windows Update problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update problem: I was wating for a windows 11 update but I didn't got one all of my friends got one but I didn't but this specific day I got an update but it just took a second and it was at 8% and then it logged in and I saw command prompt opend with something written on it and it just...
  8. Windows Update problem

Windows Update problem: I was wating for a windows 11 update but I didn't got one all of my friends got one but I didn't but this specific day I got an update but it just took a second and it was at 8% and then it logged in and I saw command prompt opend with something written on it and it just...
  9. 100% disk usage problem started on my laptop since latest windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% disk usage problem started on my laptop since latest windows update: Ever since the most recent Windows update, my laptop has been experiencing issues with lagging, shuttering, freezing at random times, and running extremely slowly due to Disk usage 100%. I am unable to open any programs and it takes a long time for the laptop to start up. I...
  10. 100% disk usage problem started on my laptop since latest windows update

100% disk usage problem started on my laptop since latest windows update: Ever since the most recent Windows update, my laptop has been experiencing issues with lagging, shuttering, freezing at random times, and running extremely slowly due to Disk usage 100%. I am unable to open any programs and it takes a long time for the laptop to start up. I...