Windows 10: windows update prompting me to upgrade to windows 11 for free

Discus and support windows update prompting me to upgrade to windows 11 for free in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i want to upgrade to windows 11, but when it is saying for "free", is there still a chance of any bugged issues?, also my pc is a gaming machine, i did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Teknosfinest, Sep 26, 2022.

1. windows update prompting me to upgrade to windows 11 for free

i want to upgrade to windows 11, but when it is saying for "free", is there still a chance of any bugged issues?, also my pc is a gaming machine, i did hear before windows 11 was having issues with gaming, so i am just wondering if it's worth it upgrading with no bugged issues?

:)

Teknosfinest, Sep 26, 2022
  2. btarunr Win User

Windows 8 Upgrade Streamlined to 11 Clicks

For those who upgrade between succeeding versions of Microsoft Windows, the upgrade installer can be cumbersome. There are way too many prompts and clicks. Microsoft is working to make the upgrade package of its next major version of Windows, for now referred to as Windows 8, streamlined to as few as 11 clicks. The new installer will be designed to perform most of its tasks without needing user input.

Microsoft will implement a new web-delivery method, where you purchase your Windows 8 license online, and the installer downloads your soft copy to you. It is pre-fed with your 25-character product key. Microsoft's next major Windows release is slated for 2012.

windows update prompting me to upgrade to windows 11 for free 114b_thm.jpg

Source: Winrumors

btarunr, Sep 26, 2022
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    How to stop windows 8.1 upgrade prompt

It doesn't matter what your original Windows 8 media was(I believe they were all Upgrades actually), what matters is how you install the Windows 8.1 Upgrade.

If you use the Windows 8.1 Upgrade Media then it wipes everything. If you get the Windows 8.1 Update through the store then it keeps all your programs, settings, and files.

Think of the Windows 8.1 Upgrade Media as the same thing as the Windows 7 w/SP1 DVDs. If you install from one of those DVDs it re-installs the whole OS, but if you just install SP1 through automatic updates then it keeps everything and just installs the service pack.

newtekie1, Sep 26, 2022
  4. Nordic Win User

windows update prompting me to upgrade to windows 11 for free

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

windows update prompting me to upgrade to windows 11 for free

1. windows update prompting me to upgrade to windows 11 for free - Similar Threads - update prompting upgrade

2. free windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    free windows 11 upgrade: how can i upgrade to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-windows-11-upgrade/e1eee10c-b511-428b-adab-8c25cb623864
  3. windows update prompting me to upgrade to windows 11 for free

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows update prompting me to upgrade to windows 11 for free: i want to upgrade to windows 11, but when it is saying for "free", is there still a chance of any bugged issues?, also my pc is a gaming machine, i did hear before windows 11 was having issues with gaming, so i am just wondering if it's worth it upgrading with no bugged...
  4. Windows 11 free upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 free upgrade: Hello,I am on windows 10.recently I noticed that windows 11 up-gradation information on my update page disappeared,does it mean the free degradation opportunity is over? Thank you....
  5. Windows 11 Free Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Free Upgrade: If I upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10 Pro will I upgrade to Windows 11 Pro or only the home version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-free-upgrade/971e76ca-6b46-4498-b159-6c4eed04b87a
  6. Free Windows 11 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Free Windows 11 Upgrade: I am currently running Windows 10 Pro. If I elect the free upgrade will it upgrade to 11 Pro or Just windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-windows-11-upgrade/9b139fe2-2ae1-4b7c-b0cb-30459194c063
  7. Windows 11 free upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 free upgrade: I have Hp15s FQ2072TU and have Windows10 home with a lifetime activation.the free upgrade to windows 11 is available for my laptop.If i do upgrade,my windows11 also remain activated for lifetime or not?...
  8. Windows 11 free upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11 free upgrade: I have Hp15s FQ2072TU and have Windows10 home with a lifetime activation.the free upgrade to windows 11 is available for my laptop.If i do upgrade,my windows11 also remain activated for lifetime or not?...
  9. my new laptop prompted me to get a free upgrade of windows 11 from windows 10. So will...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my new laptop prompted me to get a free upgrade of windows 11 from windows 10. So will...: my new laptop prompted me to get a free upgrade of windows 11 from windows 10. So will windows 11 be activated as windows 10 is already activated...
  10. my new laptop prompted me to get a free upgrade of windows 11 from windows 10. So will...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my new laptop prompted me to get a free upgrade of windows 11 from windows 10. So will...: my new laptop prompted me to get a free upgrade of windows 11 from windows 10. So will windows 11 be activated as windows 10 is already activated...