Windows 10: Windows Update/Question about Visual c++ runtimes

Discus and support Windows Update/Question about Visual c++ runtimes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, i've recently updated to the latest version of W10 and was wondering, where the location of my current or pre-installation of c++ runtime is?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Misaki.H, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Misaki.H Win User

Windows Update/Question about Visual c++ runtimes

Hello, i've recently updated to the latest version of W10 and was wondering, where the location of my current or pre-installation of c++ runtime is?

I've checked the the obvious programs and apps but only found the 2008 runtime, so back to my question, since i don't know if any "new" version is installed or not, is it wise to download the all-in-one package to get all c++ versions for w10 1903?

Sorry my wording is a little off, in short, where can i find the pre-installed c++ runtime on 1903 and if it's not installed can i get the all-in-one package.

thank you in advance Windows Update/Question about Visual c++ runtimes :)

:)

Misaki.H, Jul 28, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Hello Mohammed,

This error can be caused by Runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries missing or software problem. To assist you with your concern, we suggest you download the latest available Visual C++ components found on this article:
    The latest supported Visual C++ downloads.

If the error doesn't let you get past the startup screen and wouldn't let you download the needed components, we suggest you disable the recently installed program on startup. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Click Windows + X.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Go to the Startup tab and right click on the program.
    • Select Disable.
    Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jul 28, 2019
  3. microsoft visual c++ runtime error

Hi Alain,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Does the issue occur mostly when you are working on windows explorer window?

This type of error is usually related to damaged C++ components installed. Download and install the latest Visual C++ runtime. Locate and then remove the existing Visual C++ installation. To do this, follow these steps:

Step 1:

1. Press Windows key + X, click on
    control panel.

2. Go to Programs and Features.

3. Locate
    Microsoft Visual C++ in the list of installed programs.

4. Click
    Microsoft Visual C++, and then click Uninstall.

Note: If you cannot find Microsoft Visual C++ in the installed programs list, go to step 2

Step 2: Follow the steps to remove the software.

Download and then install the latest Visual C++ runtime. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Visit the following Microsoft Web site: Microsoft Download Center: Windows, Office, Xbox & More

2. Download latest Visual C++

3. Make sure that the computer is installed with all the latest hardware drivers

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Windows Update/Question about Visual c++ runtimes

Visual C++ runtime library error

Hi Andre,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Does the issue occur mostly when you are working on windows explorer window?

This type of error is usually related to damaged C++ components installed. Download and install the latest Visual C++ runtime. Locate and then remove the existing Visual C++ installation. To do this, follow these steps:

Step 1:

1. Press Windows key + X, click on
    control panel.

2. Go to Programs and Features.

3. Locate
    Microsoft Visual C++ in the list of installed programs.

4. Click
    Microsoft Visual C++, and then click Uninstall.

Note: If you cannot find Microsoft Visual C++ in the installed programs list, go to step 2.

Step 2: Follow the steps to remove the software.

Download and then install the latest Visual C++ runtime. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Visit the following Microsoft Web site: Microsoft Download Center: Windows, Office, Xbox & More

2. Download latest Visual C++

3. Make sure that the computer is installed with all the latest hardware drivers

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update/Question about Visual c++ runtimes

1. Windows Update/Question about Visual c++ runtimes - Similar Threads - Update Question Visual

2. Visual C++ Runtime Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Visual C++ Runtime Error: Hi! I am trying to play a game, and while i am in the game i get the error from Visual C++ runtime …i tried everything,like : Clean boot, reinstalling the game, reinstalling the visual c++ packages,reinstall my windows,nothing helps and I have no idea what to do…...
  3. Visual C++ Runtime Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual C++ Runtime Error: Hi! I am trying to play a game, and while i am in the game i get the error from Visual C++ runtime …i tried everything,like : Clean boot, reinstalling the game, reinstalling the visual c++ packages,reinstall my windows,nothing helps and I have no idea what to do…...
  4. Visual C++ Runtime Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Visual C++ Runtime 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual C++ Runtime 12: Hi,I got my hands on a toolset I'm trying to use to create some maps for a fictional universe I've been working on. Only trouble is, it says I need to have "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime 12.0 includes ATL, MFC, C++ AMP, and OpenMP" installed on my PC. So I went and found it...
  6. visual C runtime error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    visual C runtime error: I downloaded Hogwsarts on my windows 11 PC and i can't launch the game. It shows visual C runtime error. I have tried the download visual studio code and spent $40 on a fix/repair suite and I'm angry. I cant figure it out!...
  7. visual C runtime error

visual C runtime error: I downloaded Hogwsarts on my windows 11 PC and i can't launch the game. It shows visual C runtime error. I have tried the download visual studio code and spent $40 on a fix/repair suite and I'm angry. I cant figure it out!...
  8. Visual C++ Minimum Runtime

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Visual C++ Minimum Runtime: Where can I get a version of vc_redist.x64 that will install Microsoft Visual C++2015x64 Minimum Runtime version 14.0.23919 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-c-minimum-runtime/9497338a-96e4-40a5-b7b1-e54730e5790e
  9. Visual C++ Minimum Runtime

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual C++ Minimum Runtime: Where can I get a version of vc_redist.x64 that will install Microsoft Visual C++2015x64 Minimum Runtime version 14.0.23919 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visual-c-minimum-runtime/9497338a-96e4-40a5-b7b1-e54730e5790e
  10. Visual C++ Minimum Runtime