Windows 10: Windows Update reboot

Discus and support Windows Update reboot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After arriving to work this morning, Windows decided to run Modern Setup Host at high CPU, so I figured updates were due, but what honestly angered me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/icklefreddie, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Windows Update reboot

After arriving to work this morning, Windows decided to run Modern Setup Host at high CPU, so I figured updates were due, but what honestly angered me was when an hour later Windows reboots with no warning and throws my PC to work on updates for the last half hour. There's a reason update installation is scheduled, I lost an hour of work in addition to at least the half hour lost waiting for the update to finish. Has anyone had the same problem?

Edit: what I'm looking to find out is if this is how Windows updates operates now or if it was a bug.

submitted by /u/icklefreddie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/icklefreddie, Dec 3, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. P4-630 Win User
    FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Ok I did another reboot, disabled windows update service, did step 3 again, this time it installed an update, enabled windows update service and did a reboot and voila!! *Peace Windows Update reboot :peace:

Windows Update reboot 20160416_190650-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Dec 3, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Update reboot

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update reboot :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update reboot

1. Windows Update reboot - Similar Threads - Update reboot

2. Update 1909 infinity reboot problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update 1909 infinity reboot problem: So, I was using my pc normally and I decided turn off and update to the new version. Today I turn on and everything was fine and the update was installed, I go to desktop and as soon as I open a browser page I got a blue screen and my pc turn off and try reboot, again turn...
  3. Computer Stuck In Reboot Loop After Failed Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Stuck In Reboot Loop After Failed Windows 10 Update: I had a Windows 10 update on my computer yesterday and it couldn't complete fully. After, it was stuck on a blank screen, so I shut the power off on my computer. This caused my computer to restart over and over again. It will show the windows logo then showing on my screen...
  4. Slow to check for updates and a "please wait" screen at reboot

Slow to check for updates and a "please wait" screen at reboot: I'm using the 1909 version and only yesterday and today my pc takes at least a hour to check for updates, and also after rebooting my pc today I got a "please wait" blue screen before loading my login page. I ran troubleshooter for Windows Update and it's showing no errors...
  5. Feature update 1909 breaks reboot, shutdown, and hibernate

Feature update 1909 breaks reboot, shutdown, and hibernate: After updating to feature update 1909, my computer started freezing during all reboots (the reboot animation freezes, and won't continue even after waiting 5+ hours). Hibernate is also broken - when I start the computer from hibernate, the screen turns off, and the computer...
  6. After Insider Preview Build Update, I get a "Reboot and select proper boot device" message

After Insider Preview Build Update, I get a "Reboot and select proper boot device" message: Hi, After yesterday's Insider Preview Build Update (Fast Ring), I get a "Reboot and select proper boot device" message. I have an SSD with my Windows installation on and the EFI screen (ACER - Nitro N50-100 AMD Ryzen 5 GTX 1050 Ti Gaming PC - 1 TB HDD & 256 GB SSD) shows...
  7. Last Windows 10 update downloaded (November 17th), crashed and now computer reboot in a loop

Last Windows 10 update downloaded (November 17th), crashed and now computer reboot in a loop: Hi - Here's what I've tried up to now and it won't work 1- CTRL+ALT+DEL 2 - F8 while booting 3 - Shutting down with the power button more than 3 time (won't go in Automatic Repair) Is there something else I can do to go in Safe Mode. I can't access Desktop at all simply...
  8. Laptop unable to reboot, post update of 1903

Laptop unable to reboot, post update of 1903: Laptop doesn't reboot post download of update 1903. I have tried most of the solutions available on various communities. Still, not able to reboot nor reset the PC. Any suggestions. Thanks and regards...
  9. Delay automatic update reboot based on load

Delay automatic update reboot based on load: I'm aware that you can delay updates via the 7 day option and you can have active hours, if your response includes either one of those I'm going to answer with "Thanks captain oblivious". Automatic updates and reboots are broken. My machine runs VMs and those VMs run a lot...
  10. Settings lost after update/reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings lost after update/reboot: Several times my settings for various programs have disappeared after rebooting. This has mostly happened after a windows update. It's as though I were setting up a new computer time and again. With Microsoft forcing updates all the time, it is driving me crazy. How can I...