Windows 10: Windows Update reboot

Discus and support Windows Update reboot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After arriving to work this morning, Windows decided to run Modern Setup Host at high CPU, so I figured updates were due, but what honestly angered me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/icklefreddie, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Windows Update reboot

After arriving to work this morning, Windows decided to run Modern Setup Host at high CPU, so I figured updates were due, but what honestly angered me was when an hour later Windows reboots with no warning and throws my PC to work on updates for the last half hour. There's a reason update installation is scheduled, I lost an hour of work in addition to at least the half hour lost waiting for the update to finish. Has anyone had the same problem?

Edit: what I'm looking to find out is if this is how Windows updates operates now or if it was a bug.

submitted by /u/icklefreddie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/icklefreddie, Dec 3, 2019
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. P4-630 Win User
    FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Ok I did another reboot, disabled windows update service, did step 3 again, this time it installed an update, enabled windows update service and did a reboot and voila!! *Peace Windows Update reboot :peace:

Windows Update reboot 20160416_190650-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Dec 3, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Update reboot

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows Update reboot :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update reboot

1. Windows Update reboot - Similar Threads - Update reboot

2. Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot: Hi. By the last regular W10 Update last week my W stucks on reboot.I waited 1 night and made a hard reset but no changes.Then 3 reboots after hours with same result .I dont know the kb number, who would remember..?What can i do?Thx...
  3. Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot: Hi. By the last regular W10 Update last week my W stucks on reboot.I waited 1 night and made a hard reset but no changes.Then 3 reboots after hours with same result .I dont know the kb number, who would remember..?What can i do?Thx...
  4. Windows 10 Update freezes at 99% on reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. MS Update reboot even in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Update reboot even in sleep mode: on my working station I have open abt. 10 windows with autocad, 3 with navisworks and some with nesting software. when updates are being pushed, w11 reboots, when not used. this means, it kills all my open apps, installs useless updates and i have to start over. I tried to...
  6. MS Update reboot even in sleep mode

MS Update reboot even in sleep mode: on my working station I have open abt. 10 windows with autocad, 3 with navisworks and some with nesting software. when updates are being pushed, w11 reboots, when not used. this means, it kills all my open apps, installs useless updates and i have to start over. I tried to...
  7. Stop Windows 11 from Automatically Rebooting after an Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Windows 11 from Automatically Rebooting after an Update: I run electromagnetic simulations that sometimes will run for a week continuously. If interrupted, I'll lose all the work and will have to start again. I just lost a week's worth of work because Microsoft Windows forces the operating system to automatically reboot. Clearly,...
  8. Stop Windows 11 from Automatically Rebooting after an Update

Stop Windows 11 from Automatically Rebooting after an Update: I run electromagnetic simulations that sometimes will run for a week continuously. If interrupted, I'll lose all the work and will have to start again. I just lost a week's worth of work because Microsoft Windows forces the operating system to automatically reboot. Clearly,...
  9. New computer reboots while updating

New computer reboots while updating: Hello, I just built my 2nd computer and have been having issues with it rebooting after about 20min.I did a fresh install of windows 10 pro from USB. I immediately went to update everything. I began the updates and it rebooted mid way through a majority of the updates. After...
  10. New computer reboots while updating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New computer reboots while updating: Hello, I just built my 2nd computer and have been having issues with it rebooting after about 20min.I did a fresh install of windows 10 pro from USB. I immediately went to update everything. I began the updates and it rebooted mid way through a majority of the updates. After...