Windows 10: windows update removed monitor pnp driver

Discus and support windows update removed monitor pnp driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; windows update removed monitor pnp driverblack screen upon entering windows.can enter safe mode and see driver gone.auto update or reinstall driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Daniel Ng daniel.ng, May 9, 2021.

1. windows update removed monitor pnp driver

windows update removed monitor pnp driverblack screen upon entering windows.can enter safe mode and see driver gone.auto update or reinstall driver doesn't help.

:)

Daniel Ng daniel.ng, May 9, 2021
  2. SamuelLV Win User

'Generic PnP monitor' issue

Hello Angelica,

I would suggest you follow steps to update the monitor driver:

Press Windows + X keys

Choose Device manager

Click on Monitors

Right click on ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and click on update driver

Tap on Browse my computer for driver software

Tap on Let me pick from a list of available drivers

Choose ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and tap on Next

When you are done please restart the computer.

SamuelLV, May 9, 2021
  3. After the Fall Update, Samsung ex2220 showing as Generic PnP monitor

A rollback of the fall driver fixes the issue. Messing about with the graphics driver is pointless. I have spent days doing all the suggestions and more. The issue for me is a change in the monitor.inf file. My Samsung 32" LED HD monitor worked fine before
    the update using the generic pnp monitor driver Ver 10.0.5xxx.00 which gave HD resolutions.

The autumn Update gives me 1024 x 768 max before colour corrupts and screen is unusable. I have substituted an Acer monitor and it works fine. Its somethong Samsung. The new generic pnp monitor driver ver 10.0.6xxx.15 is the cause. Note :There never has
    been a monitor.inf file for my 32 HDMI TV and Samsung are not going to make one just because Microsoft messed up.

A complete roll baxk of the autum release restores all to perfection. But there is no way to roll back individual components of the autumn release. So .... can we have a link to install the older monitor.inf ber 10.0.5xxx.0 and iys associated dll files
    . I dont have VR but i do have an expensive monotor thats got icons the size of boulders.

Any help appreciated

Eric

EricMacVicar, May 9, 2021
  4. Giggles63 Win User

windows update removed monitor pnp driver

generic pnp monitor driver

Hi, on my computer in bluetooth and other devices I see the Generic PnP Monitor is showing a DRIVER ERROR....I tried to update the driver and it says there is nothing new....what can I do about this....should I uninstall it, or find the manufacturer and
    go to their website to download driver?

Thanks

Giggles the Poet

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Giggles63, May 9, 2021
Thema:

windows update removed monitor pnp driver

1. windows update removed monitor pnp driver - Similar Threads - update removed monitor

2. Flicker ghost monitor driver "generic non-pnp monitor"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flicker ghost monitor driver "generic non-pnp monitor": Anyone know how to remove this flicker driver "generic non-pnp monitor"?it is a ghost driver monitor. Its keeping uninstall then reinstall again over and over that make screen got delay. its happen when i play any heavy games .I have tried DDu and install lastest graphic...
  3. Generic PnP monitor driver defects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generic PnP monitor driver defects: I have 2 Samsung monitors on my Win10 64 bit Nvidia Quattro1000 system. From the Device manager, it is impossible to tell which of the two listed drivers is driving which monitor. However, one of them has a very sticky Generic driver, which causes colour differnces between...
  4. Generic PnP monitor driver defects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Generic PnP monitor driver defects: I have 2 Samsung monitors on my Win10 64 bit Nvidia Quattro1000 system. From the Device manager, it is impossible to tell which of the two listed drivers is driving which monitor. However, one of them has a very sticky Generic driver, which causes colour differnces between...
  5. Generic PnP monitor driver defects

6. PnP driver update

PnP driver update: Would like to know if anyone has ever used "Driver Support One"? Is it secure? I get a popup on my taskbar saying that they have detected a driver that needs to be updated. I have tried many avenues and can not find the exact issue for PnP....
  7. Generic PnP Monitor driver issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Generic PnP Monitor driver issue: So I have this very annoying issue where I have to use the 2006 version of the PnP Monitor driver, because updating it to the 2019 version does more harm than good. More specifically, I can no longer adjust my brightness. Does anyone have a similar issue, or a solution for...
  8. Generic PNP Monitor Drivers

Generic PNP Monitor Drivers: Want to operate Panasonic PT-L300U projector DVI input from 2017 HP laptop; a 2006 Dell PC successfully drives it. Both laptop and PC are Windows 10. Both laptop and PC drive old DVI monitor; laptop via HDMI to DVI cable; PC by DVI/DVI cable. In Device Manager when...
  9. Updating Monitor from "generic PnP" driver to manufacturer driver

Updating Monitor from "generic PnP" driver to manufacturer driver: I am trying to update my Acer Predator XB1 monitors driver. I have the file downloaded and I can locate the folder within device manager but it will not install the driver. I keeps saying "windows has determined the most up to date driver is installed already...." I also...
  10. Replace Generic PnP Monitor Driver in Windows 10

Replace Generic PnP Monitor Driver in Windows 10: This is a desktop running Windows 10, version 1803, with an AOC monitor. I'm trying to update a generic Windows driver from 2006 with a manufacturer's driver from 2013, but Windows keeps telling me that the best driver is already installed. When I go to Control...