Windows 10: Windows Update removed settings

Discus and support Windows Update removed settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all, I've just had an overnight windows 10 update to my PC and on restarting, the desktop background is gone, theme has changed, Edge has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FreelancerNZL, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Windows Update removed settings

Hello all,

I've just had an overnight windows 10 update to my PC and on restarting, the desktop background is gone, theme has changed, Edge has been reinstalled and set to default and many other minor changes have been made.

Is there any simple way to revert all changes made by the update back to how they were before? Will rolling back the update restore them? Is there a way to prevent this from happening again?

Cheers.

:)

FreelancerNZL, Jun 9, 2020
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

Windows Update removed settings

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows Update removed settings

1. Windows Update removed settings - Similar Threads - Update removed settings

2. Windows updates appear to remove registry settings pointing to DirectSound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updates appear to remove registry settings pointing to DirectSound: We have an old multiplayer game which uses DirectSound. When Windows Vista was released, we lost sound to our game, and assumed it was an issue with DirectSound3D, but I later discovered that Windows Vista+ was missing registry settings that pointed to DirectSound. I created...
  3. Windows removes programs and changes settings after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows removes programs and changes settings after update: I just updated my computer and much like every other time, my background and other personalization options have been reset. And even more concerning, windows changed some of my privacy settings by allowing microsoft to collect additional diagnostics data and enabling...
  4. How to remove Windows Update notification in Settings Box

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to remove Windows Update notification in Settings Box: that is, in v. 2004, how to remove only this NEWLY added notification (area) which includes: . Local Account Sign in [img] in context > [img] NOTE: this Update & Security Settings Box NEVER before indicated (I am automatically signed in as Admin) > Local Account...
  5. How to remove Windows Update notification in Settings Box

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove Windows Update notification in Settings Box: that is, in v. 2004, how to remove only this NEWLY added notification (area) which includes: . Local Account Sign in [img] in context > [img] NOTE: this Update & Security Settings Box NEVER before indicated (I am automatically signed in as Admin) > Local Account...
  6. Windows Update removal fails after destroying compatibility settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update removal fails after destroying compatibility settings: I have been running Sims2 for several weeks using the automatic compatibility settings. Last week Windows update installed "Update to Windows 10, versions 1507, 1511, 1607, 1703, 1709, 1803, and 1809 for update reliability" and now, when I attempt to run the program again, I...
  7. Windows sound settings update - option to boost microphone removed?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows sound settings update - option to boost microphone removed?: I have noticed after the recent updates that The dialogue box for sound settings is changed, specifically 'Device Properties' Under the microphone. Previously with 3.5mm jack/built-in microphones there was the option to boost the microphone by I think up to 30 dB in...
  8. remove msg "some settings are managed by Org" in Windows Update

remove msg "some settings are managed by Org" in Windows Update: Could someone help me to remove "Some settings managed by your Organization" for Windows Update in Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update? I have attached screenshots. Also I use Windows 10 Pro with the sole PC I'm using myself and use Ethernet connection. Image already...
  9. Remove "some settings are managed by Org" in Windows Update

Remove "some settings are managed by Org" in Windows Update: Another thread, in this section remove msg in Windows Update Solved - Windows 10 Forums, is marked solved so I started this one. Win 10 Pro FCO .19 have the message in the title. Others have edited their reg for metered option; as you can see from screen shot I have...
  10. Safe to remove Windows 10 Update and Privacy Settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe to remove Windows 10 Update and Privacy Settings?: Is it safe to remove Windows 10 Update and Privacy Settings after you've installed the Windows 10 Creators Update? I've just upgraded to the Windows 10 Creators Update from Windows 10 1607, using the Windows Update Assistant. I got fed up waiting for the CU to come via...