Windows 10: Windows update removes all connected printers

Discus and support Windows update removes all connected printers in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I work in a school that uses many computers that use windows 10. Every single time that an update is pushed to the computers and the computers update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jayr00d, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Jayr00d Win User

Windows update removes all connected printers

I work in a school that uses many computers that use windows 10.

Every single time that an update is pushed to the computers and the computers update every printer that was connected to the computer is removed from the computer and I have to go to every computer and re-add all the printers.

I service over 100 computers with each one connected to at least 3 printers.

There has to be some way to stop the computers from removing the printers when they update, otherwise it takes me at least two days just re-adding printers to computers that already had and used the printers.

:)

Jayr00d, Aug 22, 2019

2. Hp 3520 printer can't remove

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can uninstall the printer software from your system:

Step 1: Remove the printer from the devices list.

Remove printers and uninstall any Windows print drivers using Windows
    Devices and Printers.

• If your printer connects to the computer with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.

• Turn the printer off and on again, and make sure that it is in a ready state.

• Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers in the list of results.

• Right-click the printer icon (
      Windows update removes all connected printers c01514371.gif
      ) for your printer, and then click
      Remove Device. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

• If multiple icons exist for the printer, remove them all.

Step 2: Locating the List of Installed Printer Drivers and removing them.

Follow the steps below:

1. Select Device and Printers
    from Control Panel.

2. Click one time on the printer which you want to uninstall, then click the
    Print Server Properties button in the horizontal blue bar at the top of the window.

3. Click the
    Drivers
    tab at the top of this window.

4. click the old printer driver you want to remove, then click the
    Remove button at the bottom of the window.

5. Click the option to the left of
    Remove driver and driver package, then click the OK button.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Windows 10 + printer connection

Hi murlichatlani,

Have you tried the suggestions on my initial post, in response to the original poster? If you haven't performed any troubleshooting yet, here are a couple of things you can try:

• Power off, and then power on your printer to restart it. Wait for a while for it to be fully ready.
    • Check your printer connection. Check your printer and make sure that it’s connected to your PC network.

If the steps didn't help, you may go through this list of suggestions to fix printer connection in Windows 10.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Aileen Alf, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Windows update removes all connected printers

Windows 10 + printer connection

Hi Debbie,

The printer offline status is your printer’s way of telling you that something is wrong with the communication between your computer and your printer, so one of the first things to check is your printer’s connection with your PC. Here are a couple of things
    you can try:

• Power off, and then power on your printer to restart it. Wait for a while for it to be fully ready.
    • Check your printer connection. Check your printer and make sure that it’s connected to your PC network.

Aside from the above steps, I also suggest that you go through this list of suggestions to fix printer connection
    in Windows 10.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Aileen Alf, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows update removes all connected printers

1. Windows update removes all connected printers - Similar Threads - update removes connected

2. Windows 11 Update - Printers 'not connected'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update - Printers 'not connected': My Windows 11 computer ran the latest update yesterday and now all my printers & PDFers say 'not connected'. How can I fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-update-printers-not-connected/7935addb-0309-4fa3-b539-eeaba69f4ceb
  3. All printers are listed as "not connected" on the printers and scanners screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All printers are listed as "not connected" on the printers and scanners screen.: When I go to the printers and scanners page and the other devices page Genie Media Servers, all printers are listed as "Not Connected". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-printers-are-listed-as-not-connected-on-the/c085c030-42a0-4b9b-92af-1eca60449a62
  4. All printers are listed as "not connected" on the printers and scanners screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All printers are listed as "not connected" on the printers and scanners screen.: When I go to the printers and scanners page and the other devices page Genie Media Servers, all printers are listed as "Not Connected". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-printers-are-listed-as-not-connected-on-the/c085c030-42a0-4b9b-92af-1eca60449a62
  5. Connect to All Printers over Network "Windows Couldn't Connect To The Printer"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect to All Printers over Network "Windows Couldn't Connect To The Printer": I have a problem with my pc. I try to connect with some network printers, but the result is "Windows Couldn't Connect To The Printer". I've tried restarting the print spooler, copying the mscms.dll file, deleting the printer and driver, then deleting the Client Side Rendering...
  6. Connect to All Printers over Network "Windows Couldn't Connect To The Printer"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect to All Printers over Network "Windows Couldn't Connect To The Printer": I have a problem with my pc. I try to connect with some network printers, but the result is "Windows Couldn't Connect To The Printer". I've tried restarting the print spooler, copying the mscms.dll file, deleting the printer and driver, then deleting the Client Side Rendering...
  7. Windows update removed all wi fi connections

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update removed all wi fi connections: Updated yesterday 3 March 2021. When restart occurred, all wi fi options and connections had disappeared. Had to hard cable router to find internet. I see this has been a problem with upgrades in the past but I have a Dell machine less than 1 year old so drivers should not...
  8. Windows 10 update removes all printer's drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update removes all printer's drivers: Hello I have a problem with one of my computers, it serves as a printer hub in my workshop. I have 8 different printers each for different materials connected via USB to that PC. The PC itself is a bit old, but new enough to support windows 10 and good enough to serve...
  9. windows 10 update removed printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 update removed printer: windows update has removed my printer which is now an unspecified device and not recognised as a printer and won't re-install as a printer. My Brother MFC5890cn has all up-to-date drivers and is connected via a usb. It was fine but the last windows update has declared it an...
  10. How to remove a printer - without removing ALL printers!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to remove a printer - without removing ALL printers!: I have a printer. I have 3 different versions of the same printer - intentional. Like on is USB and another prints with specific settings. I tried installing another printer. I was having trouble and tried installing manually. I had the printer drivers. I had to choose...