Windows 10: Windows update repair failed - we can't tell if you have enough space

Discus and support Windows update repair failed - we can't tell if you have enough space in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, i ran into this bug while trying to update repair windows: "we can't tell if your pc has enough space to continue installing windows 10". I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by empleat, Mar 15, 2020.

1. empleat Win User

Windows update repair failed - we can't tell if you have enough space

Hello,

i ran into this bug while trying to update repair windows: "we can't tell if your pc has enough space to continue installing windows 10".

I read it is, because i have no system reserved partition. I recently was forced to remake efi partition. But i don't know if i did that right. My computer boots, but i can't see boot record in msconfig. I use gpt disk with uefi boot. I tried create system partition and give it 600mb and move there bcd registry, but i don't see boot record in EasyBCD and therefore i was unable to do that. I tried update bcd registry store, but all found how to do that is: use bcd - see help. But i didn't find any command that would do that...

I am also not sure it is cause, because i have no system reserved partition, it seems like a different issue. Google found that because it had keyword windows update.

It is so broken, i don't know how to fix it at this point... And i don't want reinstall, i have to many thing on pc...

My system disk partitioning:

Windows update repair failed - we can't tell if you have enough space [​IMG]

:)

empleat, Mar 15, 2020
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Mar 15, 2020
  3. TC-man Win User
    Windows Update keeps failing!

Hi,

I had once a similar issue like yours, i.e. not able to update Windows 7. What I did to solve the problems is:

- go to control panel, then to "Troubleshouting" > "System and Security" > "Fix problems with Windows update" > click "Advanced" > choose "Apply repairs automatically".

And Windows will start detecting the issues and will repair "Windows update components". The problems should be fixed now, close the program, restart the PC, and see if the mentioned steps have fixed the problems you mentioned.

Hope it works for you.

Good luck!

TC-man, Mar 15, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows update repair failed - we can't tell if you have enough space - Similar Threads - update repair failed

2. We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 11: I am having the same error as this while installing windows 11.I have multiple TB of storage available. I have multiple internal HD. Powershell says "Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by anotherprocess." I have tried clean boot. I have cleaned up temp files. PC...
  3. We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 11: I am having the same error as this while installing windows 11.I have multiple TB of storage available. I have multiple internal HD. Powershell says "Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by anotherprocess." I have tried clean boot. I have cleaned up temp files. PC...
  4. We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 10: Every time I try to update to Windows 10 from update Assistant or the iso this error msg occurs "We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 10" I tried restating the installation and shows the same error I have 70gb left on the C Drive This is...
  5. We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 10: Every time I try to update to Windows 10 from update Assistant or the iso this error msg occurs "We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 10" I tried restating the installation and shows the same error I have 70gb left on the C Drive This is...
  6. We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Wind

We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Wind: Hello everyone. I am trying to update windows 10 but I am having a lot of troubles with it. I try to install the version 2004. When trying to install through windows update I get this message : We couldnt install this update, but you can try again (0x80070002) When looking...
  7. We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Wind

in Windows 10 Support
    We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Wind: Hello everyone. I am trying to update windows 10 but I am having a lot of troubles with it. I try to install the version 2004. When trying to install through windows update I get this message : We couldnt install this update, but you can try again (0x80070002) When looking...
  8. We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 10.

We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 10.: Hello everyone. I am trying to update windows 10 but I am having a lot of troubles with it. I try to install the version 2004. When trying to install through windows update I get this message : We couldnt install this update, but you can try again 0x80070002 When looking...
  9. We can't tell if you have enough space to install Windows.

We can't tell if you have enough space to install Windows.: Here we are five years after this began happening, and today, August 12, 2019, I got this message, after the initial check said there was plenty of disk space, after Windows Update fiddled around for 10 minutes, after the download was done, it's ready to install and it says...
  10. Windows CAN'T TELL if I have enough memory for updates!?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows CAN'T TELL if I have enough memory for updates!?: All of my windows files are on my C drive. I have over 50GB of free space on that drive, but every time that Windows tries to update my PC, it says Windows Can't Tell if there's enough room for the update and then cancels it. 122877