Windows 10: Windows Update requires me to re-authenticate CD keys.

Discus and support Windows Update requires me to re-authenticate CD keys. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've noticed this being the case for a while, but I have some old games from 2004 in Japanese locale that require I re-authenticate the CD key every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DuncanSylvestre, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Windows Update requires me to re-authenticate CD keys.

I've noticed this being the case for a while, but I have some old games from 2004 in Japanese locale that require I re-authenticate the CD key every time Windows Update requires my computer restart (as I get a notification asking me to reinsert the original disc and input the CD key the first time I start them up after an update).

I think it's doing something to the registry but I can't confirm it. Is there any way to stop Windows Update from messing with this?

:)

DuncanSylvestre, Mar 20, 2019
  2. Solaris17 Win User

key authentication

I actually recently switched to key authentication myself.

Solaris17, Mar 20, 2019
  3. key authentication

Quick poll! I finally got around to securing my remote VM by disabling password authentication and using key authentication only for SSH. Curious if others do the same.

Easy Rhino, Mar 20, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

Windows Update requires me to re-authenticate CD keys.

key authentication

Key authentication is the recommended method for security, reject all password logins

If you lose the key use physical or remote console (IPMI)

W1zzard, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows Update requires me to re-authenticate CD keys.

1. Windows Update requires me to re-authenticate CD keys. - Similar Threads - Update requires authenticate

2. windows authentication required!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows authentication required!: Dear sir/madam,please check my windows is original or not. screenshot is shared. let me know. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-authentication-required/4b9a9606-8650-4a90-a5b8-48d072301804
  3. windows authentication required!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows authentication required!: Dear sir/madam,please check my windows is original or not. screenshot is shared. let me know. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-authentication-required/4b9a9606-8650-4a90-a5b8-48d072301804
  4. authenticator is asking me to authenticate using authenticator to use authenticator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    authenticator is asking me to authenticate using authenticator to use authenticator: So first of all... Why is "microsoft Authenticator" not an option in the "Products" dropdown when choosing where this post should go? I'm just going to choose "Windows"... Sorry not sorry.Also, I can't take a screenshot on the microsoft Authenticator app without it capturing...
  5. authenticator is asking me to authenticate using authenticator to use authenticator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    authenticator is asking me to authenticate using authenticator to use authenticator: So first of all... Why is "Microsoft Authenticator" not an option in the "Products" dropdown when choosing where this post should go? I'm just going to choose "Windows"... Sorry not sorry.Also, I can't take a screenshot on the Microsoft Authenticator app without it capturing...
  6. Windows cd keys

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows cd keys: Hi, I want to purchase a copy of windows, but the prices are too high, so, if you may, advise me on some 3rd party websites that sell it for cheaper and whether this website...
  7. Update Changed Office 2016 to 365 and Requires re-authentication

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Update Changed Office 2016 to 365 and Requires re-authentication: An update processed automatically on July 24, 2020 that changed the look and functionality of Outlook and requires re-authentication of Word, Excel, and PPT. Also re-labels them all as Office 365 instead of Office 2016. This re-labeling has occurred once before but I found...
  8. Re: Authenticated Users

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Re: Authenticated Users: Hi, I accidentally deleted the "Authenticated Users" from my PC. [ATTACH] How can a get it back? Regards, Kyle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-authenticated-users/1cc2710f-7635-44e4-8f3a-8dfc27d9c541
  9. Firefox authentication Required prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firefox authentication Required prompt: This question may not belong here, but asking IT pros anyways. Anyone know how to disable below prompt in Firefox: [ATTACH] I tried settings available in options > network settings, no good. I uninstalled Firefox restarted Windows 10 Pro and reinstalled it with new...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade Install CD Key and/or boot requirements

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade Install CD Key and/or boot requirements: I tried to install Windows 10 Pro 32 using a DVD .. and, booting from the DVD. When I got to the point where the Key was needed, it didn't accept the key. (I used the Windows 7 Pro 32 key that the machine already had for lack of any other). I read something that suggested...