Windows 10: Windows update reset all my settings!?

Discus and support Windows update reset all my settings!? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I updated my Windows to the lastest build. Now Edge is my default browser, I have lost all my extensions and opened pages on other browsers I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by choubix, Jan 12, 2020.

1. choubix Win User

Windows update reset all my settings!?

Hi,

I updated my Windows to the lastest build.

Now Edge is my default browser, I have lost all my extensions and opened pages on other browsers I use routinely.

My Calibre ebook manager has been wiped out, dropbox has been removed, and all my downloads have been erased.

WTH Microsoft?!

How do I roll back to recover everything???

:)

choubix, Jan 12, 2020

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Techtu Win User
    Windows update issues

+1

If your wireless router has a built in firewall maybe it's somehow set to block the ports that Windows updates use?

I'd also suggest if it works with it being directly connected then you could try resetting your router to see if this fixes the issue.

That's my 2 cents anyways. *Smile Windows update reset all my settings!? :)

Techtu, Jan 12, 2020
  4. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows update reset all my settings!? - Similar Threads - update reset settings

2. Windows update resets ALL windows settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update resets ALL windows settings: I have been getting windows updates for years. Each time windows updates, I must re-setup windows all over again.That means I must go thru the "Setup Windows" then have to reset every setting back to what works.What can we do to fix this ?...
  3. Windows update resets ALL windows settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update resets ALL windows settings: I have been getting windows updates for years. Each time windows updates, I must re-setup windows all over again.That means I must go thru the "Setup Windows" then have to reset every setting back to what works.What can we do to fix this ?...
  4. My windows setting app is a bit buggy on the visual, will resetting the app reset all of my...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My windows setting app is a bit buggy on the visual, will resetting the app reset all of my...: Some visual is lacking, e.g. missing icons etc, it wont affect my settings navigation but kinda annoying. I want to reset the app but seems like it will also reset all my settings in the setting app? Quite afraid to try it tho, takes me a lot of time to do the settings...
  5. Windows reseted all my settings

Windows reseted all my settings: So today, after a long day work on my computer, I signed out of my pc and left it. 5 minutes later when I signed in back again, a strange message that I have never seen before popped up saying 'Preparing Windows'. Surprised to see this, I waited. After 15 minutes my PC signed...
  6. how to reset all windows search settings ?

in Cortana
    how to reset all windows search settings ?: how to reset all windows search settings , which i modified . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-all-windows-search-settings/a4a01bac-4b8d-49ed-a1c3-67ab1ca3a721
  7. Windows 10 updated and reset all of my settings and preferences.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 updated and reset all of my settings and preferences.: I downloaded newest Windows 10 update today. After my PC restarted, all of my settings were back to default and I lost my favorites in Microsoft Edge. How do I restore this, and why did this happen in the first place??...
  8. How to reset all the setting on my monitors

How to reset all the setting on my monitors: I resently got a second monitor. For about a week everything was normal. Then weird things started happening (you can go to my previous post to see what), but no one offered any help with fixing it. So now I would like to know how to reset all the settings with my monitors....
  9. Windows updated and reset all my personal setting on my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updated and reset all my personal setting on my computer: on 8/19 my windows computer updated on it's own and when i opened my computer it was factory reset, didn't have any of my files, didn't save any of my personal preferences, said my windows account was "corrupted", and now factory resets like that every time that the computer...
  10. All my Game settings keep reseting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All my Game settings keep reseting: This has happened twice now since upgrading to windows 10 and now it is starting to piss me off. 19019

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 reset color

2. factory setting for collor

3. restore color setings