Windows 10: Windows update reset settings and resets every time I restart

Discus and support Windows update reset settings and resets every time I restart in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ever since I downloaded the Windows update back in late February my settings were reset to default and every time I shut down and restart my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AGro86_86ag, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Windows update reset settings and resets every time I restart

Ever since I downloaded the Windows update back in late February my settings were reset to default and every time I shut down and restart my computer the settings revert back to default again so I have to redo all my default programs like chrome rather than edge and adobe reader for PDFs etc. It also resets my start menu and task bar. Also some programs just don't open anymore, basic things like calculator, photo viewer, mail app etc. It seems to be most of the apps/programs that come with windows that won't open. So far I haven't lost any files as I save everything on the C drive not one drive. I'm glad I haven't lost my files like some people have but its very annoying to reset my settings every time I turn on my computer. I'm in the middle of a Master's degree and don't have time to be messing around with my computer just to make it useable every time I turn it on. I tried uninstalling the updates but it didn't get my settings back so I reinstalled it. Just got another update yesterday and the same issue is happening. Any help would be much appreciated!

:)

AGro86_86ag, Mar 15, 2019
  2. rk3066 Win User

Windows 10 always resets my Time

Hi,

Every time I restart or go into Linux then back to Windows it always resets and I have to update it via Internet. Why?

rk3066, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Kursah Win User
    Windows 10 always resets my Time

Is your time zone set correctly in the OS? The OS has the ability to change the CMOS clock, so if you didn't setup your Windows Time correctly, then it is defaulted to Pacific Standard Time. It could also be a CMOS battery issue...but usually your time AND date will reset...so you'll see 12:00, January 1, 1979 or similar if the clock is resetting from a bad CMOS. If you shut your PC down, unplug it from the wall for say like 10 minutes, then plug back in and boot into BIOS, is your time/date wrong?

Kursah, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Windows update reset settings and resets every time I restart

LAN Connection settings reset after restart

I just purchased a new laptop for school work. It is a Toshiba Satellite C55-A. I just opened it out of the box on Saturday night. For some reason, every time I restart the computer, the LAN Connection Settings in Internet Options automatically reset to use a proxy server. I have unchecked this and checked "automatically detect settings", but that always reverts after I restart. The only thing I can think of is that I configured my work email (Office 365) and a Windows popup said it would have to change security settings if I was going to use that type of email. Are there any other reasons this would happen and what would be the fix? I have installed a few school-based programs and would prefer not to have to do restore or recovery to save time on re-installing all that software.

rolling moses, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows update reset settings and resets every time I restart

1. Windows update reset settings and resets every time I restart - Similar Threads - update reset settings

2. Settings reset after every restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings reset after every restart: For some time now my setting have been reset every time i power on my compuer. The main thing is my mouse settings. Every time i turn on the computer "Enhance pointer presicion" gets checked. The Pointer speed also get higher every time. Sometimes the vertical scrolling...
  3. Settings reset after every restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings reset after every restart: For some time now my setting have been reset every time i power on my compuer. The main thing is my mouse settings. Every time i turn on the computer "Enhance pointer presicion" gets checked. The Pointer speed also get higher every time. Sometimes the vertical scrolling...
  4. Every time the pc is shutdown or restart , all the settings is reset and it keep happening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time the pc is shutdown or restart , all the settings is reset and it keep happening: Every time the pc is shutdown or restart , all the settings is reset and it keep happening And all the desktop files disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-the-pc-is-shutdown-or-restart-all-the/dbb54361-83e9-4e2b-b1a9-ff71436d46a9
  5. Every time the pc is shutdown or restart , all the settings is reset and it keep happening

Every time the pc is shutdown or restart , all the settings is reset and it keep happening: Every time the pc is shutdown or restart , all the settings is reset and it keep happening And all the desktop files disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-the-pc-is-shutdown-or-restart-all-the/dbb54361-83e9-4e2b-b1a9-ff71436d46a9
  6. Controller calibration resets every time i restart my pc

Controller calibration resets every time i restart my pc: So i am using my dualshock 4 through ds4windows , and i have it calibrated through the windows , otherwise the camera will be very sensitive and have input lag , so for that , i need to everytime go into settings and calibrate my controller each my pc start , and i am tired...
  7. Default apps settings resets on every restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default apps settings resets on every restart.: I recently upgraded my Lenovo Think Centre desktop to Windows 11 from Windows 10. I altered the default app settings for Chrome, Acrobat Reader, etc., but every time I restart my computer, they are reset. I've tried some of the forum-recommended fixes, including...
  8. Default apps settings resets on every restart.

Default apps settings resets on every restart.: I recently upgraded my Lenovo Think Centre desktop to Windows 11 from Windows 10. I altered the default app settings for Chrome, Acrobat Reader, etc., but every time I restart my computer, they are reset. I've tried some of the forum-recommended fixes, including...
  9. Every time I restart my computer, the "background apps" setting resets

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Every time I restart my computer, the "background apps" setting resets: A quick google search just lands me in tutorials on how to disable background apps in general. All of my other privacy settings are saved except for this one edit: I also noticed that apps appear and disappear on this page. For example, I have the Verizon Messages app...
  10. Windows 10 DPI Settings Reset Every Time I Shutdown

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 DPI Settings Reset Every Time I Shutdown: Hi there, I'm having a problem with the DPI settings on my laptop since around October. My aim that I hope you can help me achieve is to have no scaling factor set (i.e. DPI scaling at 100%). Every time I restart my laptop the factor sets to 125%. I am able to move it down...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows resets each time i restart

2. windows 10 resets after reboot

3. every time i restart windows 10 start resets

4. evrytime I restart windows it wipes out edge tabs,
  5. windows 10 resets each reboot,
  6. windows 10 reset after every restart,
  7. windows time resets everytime i restart,
  8. my computer always resets after update,
  9. everytime i shut down and reboot computer changes network,
  10. computer loses all my files every time i restart,
  11. why does my computer reset every time it restarts,