Windows 10: Windows update reset settings and resets every time I restart

Discus and support Windows update reset settings and resets every time I restart in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ever since I downloaded the Windows update back in late February my settings were reset to default and every time I shut down and restart my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AGro86_86ag, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Windows update reset settings and resets every time I restart

Ever since I downloaded the Windows update back in late February my settings were reset to default and every time I shut down and restart my computer the settings revert back to default again so I have to redo all my default programs like chrome rather than edge and adobe reader for PDFs etc. It also resets my start menu and task bar. Also some programs just don't open anymore, basic things like calculator, photo viewer, mail app etc. It seems to be most of the apps/programs that come with windows that won't open. So far I haven't lost any files as I save everything on the C drive not one drive. I'm glad I haven't lost my files like some people have but its very annoying to reset my settings every time I turn on my computer. I'm in the middle of a Master's degree and don't have time to be messing around with my computer just to make it useable every time I turn it on. I tried uninstalling the updates but it didn't get my settings back so I reinstalled it. Just got another update yesterday and the same issue is happening. Any help would be much appreciated!

:)

AGro86_86ag, Mar 15, 2019
  2. rk3066 Win User

Windows 10 always resets my Time

Hi,

Every time I restart or go into Linux then back to Windows it always resets and I have to update it via Internet. Why?

rk3066, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Kursah Win User
    Windows 10 always resets my Time

Is your time zone set correctly in the OS? The OS has the ability to change the CMOS clock, so if you didn't setup your Windows Time correctly, then it is defaulted to Pacific Standard Time. It could also be a CMOS battery issue...but usually your time AND date will reset...so you'll see 12:00, January 1, 1979 or similar if the clock is resetting from a bad CMOS. If you shut your PC down, unplug it from the wall for say like 10 minutes, then plug back in and boot into BIOS, is your time/date wrong?

Kursah, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Windows update reset settings and resets every time I restart

LAN Connection settings reset after restart

I just purchased a new laptop for school work. It is a Toshiba Satellite C55-A. I just opened it out of the box on Saturday night. For some reason, every time I restart the computer, the LAN Connection Settings in Internet Options automatically reset to use a proxy server. I have unchecked this and checked "automatically detect settings", but that always reverts after I restart. The only thing I can think of is that I configured my work email (Office 365) and a Windows popup said it would have to change security settings if I was going to use that type of email. Are there any other reasons this would happen and what would be the fix? I have installed a few school-based programs and would prefer not to have to do restore or recovery to save time on re-installing all that software.

rolling moses, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows update reset settings and resets every time I restart

1. Windows update reset settings and resets every time I restart - Similar Threads - update reset settings

2. Registry Setting for Taskbar Height?? Windows 10.. mine keeps resetting every time i start...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry Setting for Taskbar Height?? Windows 10.. mine keeps resetting every time i start...: Hi all, Hopefully someone can help me out. .I am really frustrated with my taskbar right now and have no idea how to fix it. I have my taskbar settings set for the height to be 2 levels… BUT every time I start up my PC.. it is set back to 1 level and I have to redo it...
  3. Resetting and restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Resetting and restart: [IMG]i am unable to reset my window 10 1803 version pc it might be possible due to i deleted some 1809 version files since installation not completed successfully so there was a low space 1st i changed ownership, provided full control to users and administrator so i can free...
  4. Win10 Home Start Menu tiles settings reset with every restart

Win10 Home Start Menu tiles settings reset with every restart: Hi, Since the latest update last week, I just cannot customize my Start Menu. I did pin some apps to my Start Menu and I did update settings to show Documents, Music, Downloads and Pictures on the left-hand side of my Start Menu (Personalization > Start > Choose which...
  5. Start Menu resets itself every restart

Start Menu resets itself every restart: I recently updated to the newest version of Windows (Build 1809) and ever since the update my Start Menu keeps resetting itself. EVERY piece of software listed shows New underneath it, even though none of my software is actually new. I have also (twice now) personalized my...
  6. Default app will be reset every time

Default app will be reset every time: Hello dear friends, I tried many way(safe mode, set default app by right click on each file,...) but unfortunately every time after restart windows default apps change to default unfortunately I can't restore windows to original one because of many app that installed! So...
  7. Some font settings get reset to default every time Windows updates

Some font settings get reset to default every time Windows updates: I have set some things so I can see 'em better. I change the icon font, title bar font, message font, status bar font to a little bigger size and bold. I also set the mouse to automatically move to the default button in a dialog box (in tab of POINTER OPTIONS tab in CONTROL...
  8. Every time I restart my computer, the "background apps" setting resets

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Every time I restart my computer, the "background apps" setting resets: A quick google search just lands me in tutorials on how to disable background apps in general. All of my other privacy settings are saved except for this one edit: I also noticed that apps appear and disappear on this page. For example, I have the Verizon Messages app...
  9. Windows 10 Mouse Settings Reset on Every Login

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Mouse Settings Reset on Every Login: I downloaded Windows 10 a few days ago, and every time I turn off my computer and log back in, my mouse settings revert back to their defaults. The defaults have a lot of annoying extra features, and the scroll is backwards. Every time I change the mouse settings to my...
  10. Windows 10 DPI Settings Reset Every Time I Shutdown

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 DPI Settings Reset Every Time I Shutdown: Hi there, I'm having a problem with the DPI settings on my laptop since around October. My aim that I hope you can help me achieve is to have no scaling factor set (i.e. DPI scaling at 100%). Every time I restart my laptop the factor sets to 125%. I am able to move it down...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. whenever i restart my computer it factory resets itself

2. everytime I restart my computer it resets to factory setting windows 10

3. windows facory resets after update

4. every time my computer resets i have to reset adobe as default