Windows 10: Windows update resets Groove settings

Discus and support Windows update resets Groove settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I use Groove to keep my customized music albums. I have spent hours to create this albums. Try to imagine how frustrated I feel when after every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TonyStubblefield, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Windows update resets Groove settings

I use Groove to keep my customized music albums. I have spent hours to create this albums. Try to imagine how frustrated I feel when after every Windows update my setting are deleted and I am forced to start rewriting all the MP3 tags.

:)

TonyStubblefield, Jan 7, 2019

2. Groove

Hi Al,

Since the issue persist, please check the troubleshooting steps on how to reset Groove player:

• Type Settings to your Cortana.
    • Go to Apps.
    • Look for Groove.
    • Click Reset.

You can also check this article:
    Troubleshoot Groove player in Windows 10
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Duplicates in Groove Music

Hi Geet,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to run the App troubleshooter and check if that helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

I would also suggest you to turn off and on the media info of Groove music and check. here is the steps:

• Open Groove Music.
    • Click on Gear icon (settings) present on the left side of the app.
    • Turn Off the media info and then turn it on.
    Let us know the updated status and we'll be happy to help you further.

Navneet Anand, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Windows update resets Groove settings

Runtimebroker and Groove Music

Hi,

Let's try to resolve your issue, we recommend that you reset Groove Music. To reset Groove Music flow the steps below:

• Back up your Groove Music files.
    • Open Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Click Apps & features.
    • Scroll and locate Groove Music.
    • Click Advanced options.
    • On the pop-up window, click Reset.
    • Confirm the process.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows update resets Groove settings

1. Windows update resets Groove settings - Similar Threads - update resets Groove

2. Windows update resets ALL windows settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update resets ALL windows settings: I have been getting windows updates for years. Each time windows updates, I must re-setup windows all over again.That means I must go thru the "Setup Windows" then have to reset every setting back to what works.What can we do to fix this ?...
  3. Windows update resets ALL windows settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update resets ALL windows settings: I have been getting windows updates for years. Each time windows updates, I must re-setup windows all over again.That means I must go thru the "Setup Windows" then have to reset every setting back to what works.What can we do to fix this ?...
  4. Windows Resets settings after updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Resets settings after updates: I am running windows 11. I have used winero to tweak my settings for fonts, etc. After windows runs an update - all fonts & setting revert back to default. I never had this issue with windows 10.Is there a way to STOP this from happening?...
  5. Windows Resets settings after updates

Windows Resets settings after updates: I am running windows 11. I have used winero to tweak my settings for fonts, etc. After windows runs an update - all fonts & setting revert back to default. I never had this issue with windows 10.Is there a way to STOP this from happening?...
  6. Updating and settings reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updating and settings reset: Hello, does updating still reset custom user settings you've done throughout the Windows? submitted by /u/seviothelegenda [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kc7b86/updating_and_settings_reset/
  7. Sound settings reset after Window Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound settings reset after Window Update: Windows updated today and reset a sound setting I had configured a while back which allowed me to listen to my stereo mix and pipe it to my bluetooth speaker. I need this for a program I use which analyses the audio as it goes through the stereo mix. I'm not seeing the option...
  8. GROOVE MUSIC EQUALISER SETTINGS?

GROOVE MUSIC EQUALISER SETTINGS?: Can someone suggest the best equaliser settings in groove music that comes with the dell laptops? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-groove/groove-music-equaliser-settings/a84e3a2a-bb7d-4d86-a47b-5f2d7b9c4f78
  9. Groove app not updating

Groove app not updating: Heya, Am having an issue with Groove app not updating. This started on the win 10 14926 build and is still happening on the newest build, 14931 It tells me there is an update then gets to about 500kb and stops saying there is an error and to check details. I click it and...
  10. Update for Groove Music

in Windows 10 News
    Update for Groove Music: An update for #GrooveMusic for #Windows10 desktop just hit the store. No UI changes, just a fix for a crash. Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date

Users found this page by searching for:

1. updates for groove because it keeps resetting

2. groove setting