Windows 10: Windows update resets microphone and screensaver settings

Discus and support Windows update resets microphone and screensaver settings in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,for more than a year I have repeating problems after Windows Update:My screensaver gets set to none so I need to change this setting regularily... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ni1ight, Sep 15, 2021.

1. ni1ight Win User

Windows update resets microphone and screensaver settings

Hello,for more than a year I have repeating problems after Windows Update:My screensaver gets set to none so I need to change this setting regularily to keep my desired screensaver settingsSimilar with my advanced microphone settings I want to have the quality in kHz set to telephone quality, for example - this gets reset to default after every bigger Windows UpdateCan you please finally fix it?Thanks

:)

ni1ight, Sep 15, 2021
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Windows update resets microphone and screensaver settings :)

terrace, Sep 15, 2021
  3. setting up microphone for speech recognition

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are trying to setup speech recognition on the PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • When you say that “the box is grey and unresponsive”, where you are seeing this option?
    • Are you able to connect the microphone to the PC? (Does it show in Device Manager)

Meanwhile we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if you are able to setup the microphone.

Steps to set up a microphone: Before you set up Speech Recognition, make sure you've plugged the microphone into your PC so the following steps work.

1. Press Windows + Q or click on the Windows Search.
    2. Enter Set up a microphone in the search box, and then tap or click
      Set up a microphone.
    3. Follow the instructions on the screen.
    4. Once you are able to setup the microphone and then check if it’s working.

You may also refer this article for additional help: Use voice recognition
    in Windows 10

If you are facing issues configuring microphone on your computer, I would suggest you to refer:

Fix microphone problems

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 15, 2021
  4. Charlie Win User

Screensaver delay time resets to 1 on boot

Joan. So the screen saver needs to be set to what to come on? Seams like if its your scrolling pictures you would want it to come on at 1. Just wondering does the Cozi app show up on this list?

Windows update resets microphone and screensaver settings [​IMG]

Charlie, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows update resets microphone and screensaver settings - Similar Threads - update resets microphone

2. Screensaver will not disable, regardless of settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver will not disable, regardless of settings: I've changed the settings for my Lock Screen as well as Screensaver such that it should not ever turn on. Yet, after leaving my computer for 15 minutes, the lock screen turns on. I want this completely disabled, is this a bug?...
  3. Screensaver will not disable, regardless of settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver will not disable, regardless of settings: I've changed the settings for my Lock Screen as well as Screensaver such that it should not ever turn on. Yet, after leaving my computer for 15 minutes, the lock screen turns on. I want this completely disabled, is this a bug?...
  4. Screensaver resets to default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screensaver resets to default: Hi,I am currently running Windows 10 and I have set my screensaver to be my photos slideshow.If I set the timer to 1 minute or 10 minutes, it works fine.But if I set the timer to 30 minutes, the screensaver which appears is not my photos slideshow but the default...
  5. Screensaver resets to default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screensaver resets to default: Hi,I am currently running Windows 10 and I have set my screensaver to be my photos slideshow.If I set the timer to 1 minute or 10 minutes, it works fine.But if I set the timer to 30 minutes, the screensaver which appears is not my photos slideshow but the default...
  6. Screensaver resets to default

7. Updating and settings reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updating and settings reset: Hello, does updating still reset custom user settings you've done throughout the Windows? submitted by /u/seviothelegenda [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kc7b86/updating_and_settings_reset/
  8. Screensaver settings

Screensaver settings: Hi I have one small problem when using the screensaver settings on windows 10 pc. I went to choose "photos" in the drop down menu to display it as my screensaver. Then when I went to the right and clicked on the button that said "settings..." the screensaver settings window...
  9. Accessing screensaver settings button

in Windows 10 Support
    Accessing screensaver settings button: Hello, been using windows 10 for a while and got to say will it ever be streamlined to the point will never have to fix or modify anything in the OS for it work properly out of the gate for even mundane selections ok so for the issue now today this moment when i went to...
  10. Windows 10 screensaver settings

Windows 10 screensaver settings: How do I use Custom Reflection in 3D Text Screen Saver for Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_screensave/windows-10-screensaver-settings/ba9c5a2f-3591-49d1-9adb-d43dbf8522ee