Windows 10: Windows update - resulted on a Not working USB camera

Discus and support Windows update - resulted on a Not working USB camera in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Not a computer savvy person here but my USB camera was working totally fine before windows 10 update and now is not working - image is totally grainy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mayra arredondo, May 8, 2020.

1. Windows update - resulted on a Not working USB camera

Not a computer savvy person here but my USB camera was working totally fine before windows 10 update and now is not working - image is totally grainy :. Any advise?

I have a vimicro USB 2.0 PC Camera Venus

Thanks in advance :-

:)

mayra arredondo, May 8, 2020

2. Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, May 8, 2020
  3. ENTO USB Camera

Hi Ralph,

For us to properly install your USB camera, we need to make sure first that the camera is still detected on your computer. Do access your Device Manager and see if the camera is still there. If so, we suggest that you run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to help us diagnose and address the problem.

To access Hardware and Devices troubleshooter, follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key, then type in Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting once it's up.
    • On the left panel, click View all.
    • Look for Hardware and Devices.
    • Click it and follow on-screen instructions.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 8, 2020
  4. Edelweiss Win User

Windows update - resulted on a Not working USB camera

USB Camera + Microphone not working after Windows 10 Update

Yesterday I got an update from Windows 10. I waited 1-2 hours for it to finish but after the update I have problems with my USB Camera and Microphone. The devices are connected and I can see them listed as USB 2.0 MIC but they are not working. I tried the hardware on a laptop with Windows 7 and it works. I tried uninstalling the drivers and rebooting and installing the drivers again, but it didn't help.

When I click on the microphone settings and I check the box "listen to this device", I can hear my voice through the speakers. It seems the problem is the software changes after the update.

After the update Windows 10 asked me questions about data collection and speech recognition. I clicked the 2nd response (which is negative - not to use any speech recognition and data collection). Could this have broken the USB Camera + Microphone?

Any idea how to fix this stupid Windows 10 problem?

Edelweiss, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows update - resulted on a Not working USB camera

1. Windows update - resulted on a Not working USB camera - Similar Threads - update resulted working

2. Lenovo Yoga 710 Camera is not working. resulting to error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo Yoga 710 Camera is not working. resulting to error: Can someone help in resolving the camera issue. it seems issue with windows 10 and camera app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-yoga-710-camera-is-not-working-resulting-to/94878333-dbca-468c-968c-4db288c5fda7
  3. Windows 10 updating USB Driver over and over with no result

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 updating USB Driver over and over with no result: This screen I can see every day ... I don't experience any problem with USB but this is annoying.This update is listed twice. I have a Dell computer, win10, 64b with only one Hewlett Packard device - Laser printer.Update fails and next attempt tomorrow ...HP app says there is...
  4. In bulit camera and USB devies not working

In bulit camera and USB devies not working: My in built camera is not working. Also any mouses I plug in do not work. I have tried, Camera access ON, Troubleshooting, Windows Update, Windows factory Reset, Device manager>Scan for hardware changes, also tried some driver instalations. No mouses work but usb, and...
  5. USB camera that stopped working

USB camera that stopped working: I have USB camera that stopped working, possibly bad driver but that is beyond me, any ideas? I have gone through the trouble shooter but no luck, I do not see camera listed on device manager, I do hear it ding with connected....
  6. USB camera

USB camera: When attempting to use usb camera I receive error message 0xAooF4271 media capture failed event 0x80070018 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-camera/d7f9a1e0-424a-4dc7-beae-23881b6e6903
  7. Usb Camera

Usb Camera: My camera driver is installed and says that it is good. How to I get my video I`m recording on my screen? The last time I tried it , it only worked in the skype app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-camera/c7589c7b-66f1-4cef-a7cb-b3c999b63b19
  8. usb camera

usb camera: i have no sound and no video on skype its about this camera Omega Vimicro USB2.0 UVC PC Camera can somebody help me im useing windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-camera/95e01d99-d240-41fa-b2e1-d8c5cc670769
  9. USB camera drivers update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    USB camera drivers update: USB camera: image turned down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-camera-drivers-update/7bad01fe-365d-42dc-8af6-5873aecb6cae"
  10. USB Camera + Microphone not working after Windows 10 Update

USB Camera + Microphone not working after Windows 10 Update: Yesterday I got an update from Windows 10. I waited 1-2 hours for it to finish but after the update I have problems with my USB Camera and Microphone. The devices are connected and I can see them listed as USB 2.0 MIC but they are not working. I tried the hardware on a laptop...