Windows 10: Windows Update reverts back to original Build (18290).

Discus and support Windows Update reverts back to original Build (18290). in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I'm a Windows 10 Insider since March 2015 and had no problems till now. I'm trying to upgrade to Build 18298 from 18290 but during the final... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Maverick-SS, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Windows Update reverts back to original Build (18290).

Hello,

I'm a Windows 10 Insider since March 2015 and had no problems till now. I'm trying to upgrade to Build 18298 from 18290 but during the final

phase I get the error message: "Undoing changes made to your computer..." and WU reverts back to Build 18290. What to do?

:)

Maverick-SS, Dec 17, 2018
  2. Pauli O Win User

New Windows Insider Build to Replace 18290

(If) you are on Slow Ring you need to change setting to Fast Ring and then go to Settings / Update / Windows update and check for updates. This should update your system to build 18290.

Pauli O, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

No, the license only applies to the Windows 8 OEM copy the original owner purchased with laptop, it doesn't magically transform into Windows 8.1 Retail one.

OK, so here's the commonly recommended steps that should help you with your problem.

Before you begin, I would recommend you to download both of these files and save them on your USB drive in order to use it later as the only source of third-party packages:
    1. The first step would be to recover the original Windows installation using your hard drive partition (the thing that you've done before, I believe). Follow the steps described here (http://h10010.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03544793#N258) and see if you missed anything. By the end of this operation, make so that your HP product is not connected to any sort of network.

2. Configure your HP device to boot in "clean" mode as described here (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135). Restart once.

3. Run the first file you've downloaded (http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp67001-67500/sp67259.exe) from your just-recovered Windows copy and follow the steps required.

4. Run the AMD package (http://www2.ati.com/drivers/amd-catalyst-14.4-64bit-win8.1-win8-win7-whql-aug.exe). Choose the "Advanced" installation option in order to be able to opt-out the "AMD/Raprt App" and "HydraVision" packages.

5. Establish an Internet connection. Run "Windows Store" tile from your Start screen, and select "Windows 8.1" package.

6. Once you're done with your migration from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, you can install all the critical updates offered by Windows Update, which would be driver software, then Windows 8.1 Update package (KB2919442 > KB2919355 > KB2932046 > KB2959977 > KB2937592 > KB2938439 > KB2934018), "August" Update (KB2993651 > KB2975719 > KB2993100 > KB2979582 > KB2990532 > KB2995004) and .NET Framework 4.5.2 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42642).

Constantine Yevseyev, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Windows Update reverts back to original Build (18290).

Igor Leyko, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

Windows Update reverts back to original Build (18290).

1. Windows Update reverts back to original Build (18290). - Similar Threads - Update reverts original

2. Can I revert back to the original version of Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I revert back to the original version of Windows?: Hello all,I have an old laptop and, according to the sticker on the bottom, it came pre-installed with Windows 7 Pro it also has a security key printed on it.The laptop was downgraded to Windows XP to enable it to run old software which, at the time, wasn't Windows 7...
  3. Can I revert back to the original version of Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I revert back to the original version of Windows?: Hello all,I have an old laptop and, according to the sticker on the bottom, it came pre-installed with Windows 7 Pro it also has a security key printed on it.The laptop was downgraded to Windows XP to enable it to run old software which, at the time, wasn't Windows 7...
  4. How to revert back to original windows product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to revert back to original windows product key: I had my PC preinstalled with Windows 10 Home single language . but I tried a non genuine key from an YouTube video in an attempt to upgrade my windows to win 10 Pro. somehow the product name changed to Windows 10 pro & activation is showing as not activated. Please help me...
  5. How to revert back to original windows product key

How to revert back to original windows product key: I had my PC preinstalled with Windows 10 Home single language . but I tried a non genuine key from an YouTube video in an attempt to upgrade my windows to win 10 Pro. somehow the product name changed to Windows 10 pro & activation is showing as not activated. Please help me...
  6. revert images back to original

in Windows 10 Gaming
    revert images back to original: hi, Long time back, I cropped an image on windows 7 pc. after some time I shifted to windows 10 on that same pc and now I want the original photo back without any cropping but I can't find a wayI have the cropped image on my pc. I also tried revert back to original option but...
  7. revert images back to original

revert images back to original: hi, Long time back, I cropped an image on windows 7 pc. after some time I shifted to windows 10 on that same pc and now I want the original photo back without any cropping but I can't find a wayI have the cropped image on my pc. I also tried revert back to original option but...
  8. revert images back to original

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Reverting back to original KMS server

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reverting back to original KMS server: So... I had an unactivated copy of Windows 10 Enterprise on my laptop, and I wanted to use the personalization features that are only available on activated Windows. So I looked up ways to activate Windows for free (which I now realise was a very dumb thing to do). I came...
  10. I'm a Windows 10 Insider and Update keeps reverting back to my current Build (18290) and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm a Windows 10 Insider and Update keeps reverting back to my current Build (18290) and...: Please see subject line. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-a-windows-10-insider-and-update-keeps-reverting/b6c625d3-e0f8-4c95-9e49-e96b8b32167c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windowsx insider build wont update net frmework 18290