Windows 10: Windows update rollback (with dual boot)

Discus and support Windows update rollback (with dual boot) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. When ever I restart windows to apply the updates they keep rolling back. I am not sure if its the dual boot with Linux or not but that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CostasA., Mar 8, 2019.

1. CostasA. Win User

Windows update rollback (with dual boot)

Hello.

When ever I restart windows to apply the updates they keep rolling back.

I am not sure if its the dual boot with Linux or not but that problem started since I installed Ubuntu on same disk and Grub handles of the 2 OS.

Here are some screenshots:

Windows update rollback (with dual boot) 638f7cdf-1d80-4f79-9939-4b91408d7e80?upload=true.jpg

Screenshot of the Grub:

Windows update rollback (with dual boot) f27ab58e-b8ca-43b4-a564-dfb36787decb?upload=true.jpg

:)

CostasA., Mar 8, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 8, 2019
  3. acostas Win User
    Windows updates rollback (on dual boot)

Hello there.
    I recently installed Ubuntu on a partition in which my ssd also runs windows10.
    Grub took care of booting the 2 OS and everything worked well until first windows updates came up.
    I can install them but on reboot the updates can't finish and they rollback. I have tried a few methods I found online but nothing helped, and every time i try reboot updates will rollback.
    Btw first in boot list are the Ubuntu as you can see in the image

Windows update rollback (with dual boot) fyxmoBb.jpg

And i can't see windows boot in my Bios anymore. Both windows and Ubuntu run in Legacy mode (not uefi)

Windows update rollback (with dual boot) mxBxJmm.jpg

acostas, Mar 8, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows update rollback (with dual boot) - Similar Threads - update rollback dual

2. Windows dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows dual boot: My current laptop is a dell inspiron 3521 and it is about 12 years old nowit had come preinstalled with Windows 8.1 and all the drivers were working properlyafter moving to windows 10 my amd gpu hasn't ever workedCan i dual boot with windows 8.1 and windows 10 installedwill...
  3. Windows dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows dual boot: My current laptop is a dell inspiron 3521 and it is about 12 years old nowit had come preinstalled with Windows 8.1 and all the drivers were working properlyafter moving to windows 10 my amd gpu hasn't ever workedCan i dual boot with windows 8.1 and windows 10 installedwill...
  4. Windows 10 Not Booting with NO Option to rollback update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Not Booting with NO Option to rollback update: Hello!I've been fightin with my PC for the past 3 or so hours trying to get it to start after it updated from 21H# to without my permission 22H2I have tried ALL of the following:"Continue - Exit and continue to Windows 10" - Did exactly what you'd expect: Didn't...
  5. Windows 10 Not Booting with NO Option to rollback update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Not Booting with NO Option to rollback update: Hello!I've been fightin with my PC for the past 3 or so hours trying to get it to start after it updated from 21H# to without my permission 22H2I have tried ALL of the following:"Continue - Exit and continue to Windows 10" - Did exactly what you'd expect: Didn't...
  6. Windows 10 Not Booting with NO Option to rollback update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 updates rollback

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 updates rollback: Camera not working how do I roll back last windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updates-rollback/9464f657-505f-42ca-bf61-7580198388f4
  8. Rollback boot loop

Rollback boot loop: I was trying to install Windows 10 to a different drive and it failed. I selected to rollback and undo the changes now I'm stuck in a loop. I can only get to bios and I disconnected every drive except the OS M.2. How do I get out of this? 152395
  9. Windows Dual Boot

Windows Dual Boot: Hello, I wanted to upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 10. This did not work at first so I set up a second drive and installed Windows 10 there. This worked fine. I then transferred all my files, etc... Then i wiped the Windows 7 Drive and used the EaseUS Partition Master...
  10. Windows updates rollback (on dual boot)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows updates rollback (on dual boot): Hello there. I recently installed Ubuntu on a partition in which my ssd also runs windows10. Grub took care of booting the 2 OS and everything worked well until first windows updates came up. I can install them but on reboot the updates can't finish and they rollback. I have...