Windows 10: Windows update ruined computer after

Discus and support Windows update ruined computer after in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So my laptop needed a few updates and I did the. It restarted and showed the green screen that said it couldn’t do the updates. I didn’t think to much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Diego_371, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Diego_371 Win User

Windows update ruined computer after

So my laptop needed a few updates and I did the. It restarted and showed the green screen that said it couldn’t do the updates. I didn’t think to much of it but then when I went to sign in I had trouble because my pin no longer existed and my fingerprint pad wasn’t working either. When I signed in using a password I don’t even remember, the wifi doesn’t work, and the troubleshooting doesn’t work either. When I click on the wifi option it shows me a white line four dashes and another white line. What do I do?

:)

Diego_371, Jan 18, 2022
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Win 10 update ruined my computer

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, Jan 18, 2022
  3. bobkn Win User
    Win 10 update ruined my computer

I haven't had to face that problem with any of my PCs yet. (Touch wood. [Old pagan ritual to avoid bad luck.])

You may ultimately have to re-install Windows, but I hope that someone can offer a less painful fix.

A suggestion: "Windows 10 update ruined my computer" sounds like a ranting post. There are many helpful people here, but they respond better to requests for help than to complaints.

bobkn, Jan 18, 2022
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update ruined computer after :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 18, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows update ruined computer after - Similar Threads - update ruined computer

2. Windows Update Ruined My Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Ruined My Computer: Hi so around June 16th my desktop Windows 11 Home had an update and once I was done with whatever I was doing I wanted to shut it down but obviously it had to update so there was the option to update then shutdown and I did that and then the blue screen "of death" appeared...
  3. Windows Update Ruined My Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Ruined My Computer: Hi so around June 16th my desktop Windows 11 Home had an update and once I was done with whatever I was doing I wanted to shut it down but obviously it had to update so there was the option to update then shutdown and I did that and then the blue screen "of death" appeared...
  4. Windows update ruined computer after

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update ruined computer after: So my laptop needed a few updates and I did the. It restarted and showed the green screen that said it couldn’t do the updates. I didn’t think to much of it but then when I went to sign in I had trouble because my pin no longer existed and my fingerprint pad wasn’t working...
  5. Windows update ruined computer after

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update ruined computer after: So my laptop needed a few updates and I did the. It restarted and showed the green screen that said it couldn’t do the updates. I didn’t think to much of it but then when I went to sign in I had trouble because my pin no longer existed and my fingerprint pad wasn’t working...
  6. Windows update this week ruined my computer

Windows update this week ruined my computer: Updates that Windows pushed out this week early Dec 2020, have ruined my computer. In this time of lockdowns and quarantines, our computers have never been more important. Children homeschooling online, work demands and often the only way to stay connected to family and...
  7. Update ruined computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update ruined computer: Hi guys. I’m not an expert but I’m reasonably tech savvy and can follow instructions. My computer has an SSD, plenty of room and I’ve never had a problem with it. It has been the perfect computer until I installed the latest updates. Audio doesn’t work at all and the...
  8. Update ruined my computer

Update ruined my computer: I'm so frustrated. My computer updated on the 14th, I believe and it made all my files, bookmarks, passwords, settings,n lightroom presets, etc disappear. I've restarted a billion times, I've tried to uninstall the update, I've tried to restore to a previous backup several...
  9. Updates Ruined My Computer

Updates Ruined My Computer: Help immediately needed. Since your latest updates my computer has not worked right since. You deleted my background picture, plug & play no longer works so I cannot use my devices, autoplay no longer works so I cannot even start my devices. I can no longer use the internet....
  10. Windows 10 update ruined computer

Windows 10 update ruined computer: My PC has been trying to update to Windows 10 for months now. It is never successful and I have to wait while it has to undo changes. I tried to stop the update but it always tried to update every few days. Last Thursday it tried to update again but this time my PC cannot...