Windows 10: Windows update ruined my laptop, not once three times

Discus and support Windows update ruined my laptop, not once three times in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; this happened first when windows update installed menu stopped working and in the event view i got this error Faulting package full name:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FarhanGhani, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Windows update ruined my laptop, not once three times

this happened first when windows update installed

menu stopped working and in the event view i got this error

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.10.7.17134_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

i tried

1. sfc scan

2. dism restore

3. installing windows apps through powershell

4. deleting icon database

5. clean install

but nothing, unless i got blue screen error where windows was saying it is not able to repair

so i have to install from factory image.

every thing went well for three days untill update was again install by windows

repeated everything but no use. so restore image from factory. and disabled windows update service.

I thought it will not happpened again but last night windows updated itself again.

now again i am trying everything.

any help will be nice.

:)

FarhanGhani, Oct 13, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows update ruined my laptop, not once three times :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 13, 2018
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Win 10 update ruined my computer

I will gladly dispose of any "ruined computer" that Windows 10 has "ruined". Just ship them to me and I will take care of disposing of the "ruined" hardware!

NavyLCDR, Oct 13, 2018
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Windows update ruined my laptop, not once three times

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Oh yay, is today Patch Tuesday already?

rtwjunkie, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows update ruined my laptop, not once three times

1. Windows update ruined my laptop, not once three times - Similar Threads - update ruined laptop

2. Windows Updates Windows 10 once again ruined my laptop - but this time, it's even worse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Updates Windows 10 once again ruined my laptop - but this time, it's even worse: Hi,I already posted before. Quick sum up: everytime there's a big Windows Update coming, my laptop can't work well and usually, my wifi connection is cut. It also takes between 1 to 3 days to finally be able to use the laptop again.However, this time, it's worse. Last week,...
  3. Windows Updates Windows 10 once again ruined my laptop - but this time, it's even worse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Updates Windows 10 once again ruined my laptop - but this time, it's even worse: Hi,I already posted before. Quick sum up: everytime there's a big Windows Update coming, my laptop can't work well and usually, my wifi connection is cut. It also takes between 1 to 3 days to finally be able to use the laptop again.However, this time, it's worse. Last week,...
  4. Windows Updates Windows 10 once again ruined my laptop - but this time, it's even worse

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 11 updates ruined my Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 updates ruined my Laptop: A few days ago I received the mesaage "the intelr wi-fi 6 ax201 160mhz adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems" message. I used my phone as a hotspot reset the laptop then solved the issue. The same issue literally 48 hrs later except this time I can't...
  6. Windows 11 updates ruined my Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 updates ruined my Laptop: A few days ago I received the mesaage "the intelr wi-fi 6 ax201 160mhz adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware-related problems" message. I used my phone as a hotspot reset the laptop then solved the issue. The same issue literally 48 hrs later except this time I can't...
  7. Windows Update has once again ruined my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Update has once again ruined my PC: So Windows FORCED me to update my machine against my will this morning, despite Windows update being COMPLETELY TURNED OFF due to multiple past critical failures with Windows update for the last year and a half. Immediately upon reloading into Windows the user sign-in...
  8. Windows 10 updates ruining my laptop

Windows 10 updates ruining my laptop: Everytime my laptop does an update, I cant get back in. It gets stuck in a loop, and then will no longer take my password. Everytime it takes me hours of constantly restarting the laptop, and I am so fed up. Why does this keep happening and how do I fix it?...
  9. Updates that ruined my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Updates that ruined my laptop: Bought an Asus laptop 6 months ago. It was working fine then an update screwed up my laptop so bad it's wifi indicator is missing and there is a notification that my windows 10 isn't activated. What the hell? How can I fix this?...
  10. Windows Updates keep ruining my laptop

Windows Updates keep ruining my laptop: Dear Microsoft, I wanted to write a complaint email, but because that doesn't seem to be possible, I'll simply write it here. For as long as I've had pc's/laptops, I've always used windows and been pleased with that. However, your windows 10 is ruining my laptop;...