Windows 10: Windows Update Running in Background During Active Hours, Computer Unusable

Discus and support Windows Update Running in Background During Active Hours, Computer Unusable in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The current pre-install download during active hours defeats the purpose of active hours. How can I ensure that downloads and installations occur at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jay_986, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Jay_986 Win User

Windows Update Running in Background During Active Hours, Computer Unusable

The current pre-install download during active hours defeats the purpose of active hours. How can I ensure that downloads and installations occur at the times I designate so I can maintain productivity during my work hours?

Thanks.

-Paying Customer.

:)

Jay_986, Mar 4, 2019

2. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Mar 4, 2019
  3. windows 10 automatic updates make my computer unusable for hours

With the latest build of Windows 10, you can instead
    set the Active hours
    so that it will not restart to install the updates on the hours when you usually use your PC.

To help improve the performance of Windows 10 on your computer, you can download and run the
    Performance Troubleshooter for Windows 10.

Regarding your feedback or suggestion, it would be best if you could share it on the
    Feedback Hub app installed on your Windows 10 computer.

Sherry Bel, Mar 4, 2019
  4. BulldogXX Win User

WINDOWS UPDATING IN BACKGROUND DURING ACTIVE HOURS -- WHY??

Your computer won't restart during active hours. It will still download updates and install updates in the background that don't need a restart. That's happened to my computer dozens of times (according to my update history) and I've never had
    a problem.

BulldogXX, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Update Running in Background During Active Hours, Computer Unusable - Similar Threads - Update Running Background

2. Windows updating during active hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows updating during active hours: Windows is always updating and saying update is 100% complete and updates for long period of time . How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updating-during-active-hours/123aeb5a-64cd-4269-85b8-64a7ad6cc443
  3. Windows updating during active hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows updating during active hours: Windows is always updating and saying update is 100% complete and updates for long period of time . How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updating-during-active-hours/123aeb5a-64cd-4269-85b8-64a7ad6cc443
  4. Windows updating during active hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 runs updates without permission and computer is unusable for several hours

Windows 10 runs updates without permission and computer is unusable for several hours: Hi, I have set the connections to "Metered", and under Windows Update's Advanced Options "Download over metered ..." is turned off. During my active hours, Windows 10 starts an update without even asking, and my computer was frozen for several hours because I was also using...
  6. Updates active during non active hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updates active during non active hours: Have updates to go off from 12-7am cause my internet is alright during these times. Whenever I hop on my pc during a time that isn't during that specification, it does it anyway. This has started within the last month and I've tried re-editing the time schedule but it seems...
  7. Windows Update preparing/running during active hours

Windows Update preparing/running during active hours: Good afternoon, This is a followup to the followup of my original question from 2017, both of which have been locked for inactivity. I am having essentially the same exact problem, which never went away. "From [the original] thread: "1) Background processes related to...
  8. Update during active hours

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update during active hours: If I choose to update during active hours do I need to adjust the active times before I start? Len 138957
  9. problem with something running in the background making my computer unusable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem with something running in the background making my computer unusable: I have a problem with something running in the back ground. that makes my computer unusable. When I do ctrl alt delete it takes like 5 minutes for task manager to pop up. when I finally get their I dont remember exactly what the error is is but it says it had something to do...
  10. Windows Update preparing/running during active hours

Windows Update preparing/running during active hours: Good afternoon, This is a followup to the original question here, which has since been locked for inactivity. From that thread: "1) Background processes related to Windows Update were affecting my computer performance during my active hours." There was no clear resolution...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer unusable

2. progressstop windows update running for hours