Windows 10: windows update saying downloading but has been for 4 days How do I cancel this?

Discus and support windows update saying downloading but has been for 4 days How do I cancel this? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; when trying to install a definition update for windows defender virus KB2267602 on 30/01/2019 I have a message saying 'down loading' but this has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gcooper2, Feb 3, 2019.

1. gcooper2 Win User

windows update saying downloading but has been for 4 days How do I cancel this?

when trying to install a definition update for windows defender virus KB2267602 on 30/01/2019 I have a message saying 'down loading' but this has been showing for 4 days now with no sign of anything happening. How do I get out of this?

:)

gcooper2, Feb 3, 2019
  2. NdMk2o1o Win User

Who's downloaded the Windows 8.1 preview update?

For some reason the installer says the update is not applicable to your computer? (Win 8 Pro x64) anyone else try this what was released today?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/download-preview

EDIT: It appears the error is because the download is named Windows8-RT-KB2849636-x64 so looks like it's only for ARM based RT Windows 8 versions even though there's nothing suggesting that on the actual download page, so where's the x86 8.1 update people?

NdMk2o1o, Feb 3, 2019
  3. Vista Pre-SP1 vs. Vista SP1

I've been Windows Updating for two straight days and I finally saw SP1. If you want to troubleshoot it, follow these steps:

• Show hidden updates
    • Manually install any failed updates (google the KB_____ and install from the windows site)
    • Make sure everything in Device Manager is good to go
    I had to do step two for like 4 or 5 updates to be able to see SP1.

Any other benchmarks you guys want to see? I might try PCMark05 (I think it works on Vista).

DanishDevil, Feb 3, 2019
  4. windows update saying downloading but has been for 4 days How do I cancel this?

Canceling Windows 10 Reservation

I am addressing my issue which no one has offered a fix to in this situation. I reserved my copy of windows 10, authorized it to download thinking I could reschedule it to upgrade for later, and found
    out the latest you can schedule the upgrade is two days away. I was thinking maybe 6 months or 9 months. Everyone says delete the KB3035583 update. This step does not work when you have
    already scheduled your upgrade. It merely gets rid of the get windows 10 ap. The other suggestion was to click and cancel your reservation. With the hamburger menu, or the three little lines, find view your reservation and cancel it. But if you have scheduled
    your installation, neither of these two steps will work. After talking to two Microsoft techs, one of them suggested system recovery to an earlier day before the Windows 10 download. He said there was a 50 percent chance that this would work. It worked for
    me. I have never seen the solution to my problem posted, so here it is. Hope it helps someone who is in the position I was in.

Winnie1256, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

windows update saying downloading but has been for 4 days How do I cancel this?

1. windows update saying downloading but has been for 4 days How do I cancel this? - Similar Threads - update saying downloading

2. How do I cancel downloading of an update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I cancel downloading of an update?: I'm on Windows 11 version 21H2, and the automatic update has been downloading forever, and I assume this is because it tried to download on my drive with no storage left, but I cant find any way to relocate where it is downoading to my second drive. How do I cancel this or...
  3. How do I cancel downloading of an update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I cancel downloading of an update?: I'm on Windows 11 version 21H2, and the automatic update has been downloading forever, and I assume this is because it tried to download on my drive with no storage left, but I cant find any way to relocate where it is downoading to my second drive. How do I cancel this or...
  4. How do I cancel a download in Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I cancel a download in Microsoft Store?: If I try to download any app in Microsoft Store, it goes to the bottom of the Updates and Downloads list. In the list there are so many useless apps I don't even remember getting. This wouldn't be a problem if the download speed was average, but unfortunately it takes SO LONG...
  5. How do I cancel a download in Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I cancel a download in Microsoft Store?: If I try to download any app in Microsoft Store, it goes to the bottom of the Updates and Downloads list. In the list there are so many useless apps I don't even remember getting. This wouldn't be a problem if the download speed was average, but unfortunately it takes SO LONG...
  6. your payment has been cancelled

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    your payment has been cancelled: i was on my way to get some robux and its says: ''your payment has been cancelled''its worked before- i bought 2 times now for today and this gonna third but yes that thing just blew up! can someone help!...
  7. your payment has been cancelled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    your payment has been cancelled: i was on my way to get some robux and its says: ''your payment has been cancelled''its worked before- i bought 2 times now for today and this gonna third but yes that thing just blew up! can someone help!...
  8. your payment has been cancelled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. This operation has been cancelled

in Windows 10 Customization
    This operation has been cancelled: I mistakenly enabled gpedit.msc -> all settings -> Run only specified windows application to enable.. Now i cant open any apps including command prompt and registry editor.. Can anyone help me on how to slove this issue....
  10. how do i get 4 games canceled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i get 4 games canceled: i have tryed to get 4 candy crush games i got today canceled but with no success,how can i do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-4-games-canceled/086b425d-1932-42ad-ae77-75a73f1886ce